Sniper glare vs. other scopes, this is ridiculous

Comments

• ZephyX33
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Scope glint/glare is the worst balance methodology you could possibly add. It's not realistic, especially when you arent even facing the sun. 

If you want to balance long range scoped rifles then add more scope sway and require a longer time of holding your breath to stay on target. 

Battlefield is turning into a child's care bear game of pillow fighting, not a true battle simulator / man's game.
  • DingoKillr
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is the sad part controllers on PC have an advantage of aim assist when using iron sights. This gives the false impression that BA are easy.

A mouse user gain no advantage on many BA switching to iron sights.
  • CT1924
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

If you see the fire coming out of the barrel of an automatic/High RoF semi then(Image)

Even if it gives away the position of the shooter, it is different to the glint that can alert enemies before even a shot was taken.In so many of movie depictions of the sniper they use their scope to observe and report targets more than shooting but this cannot be done in the BF games cause that is telegraphing the location of the player

Perfect use of memes.
  • CT1924
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So glare would make sense, but...
    You have to go for the head. Snipers like the White Death and others used irons to negate glint in bright environments, but aimed for the much larger torso. Given that this is not viable with anything but an AT rifle in BFV, scope glint is excessive. Indeed, even if this was the case, there is often glint when it is not needed.
  • Hawxxeye
    7479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    CT1924 said:
    You have to go for the head. Snipers like the White Death and others used irons to negate glint in bright environments, but aimed for the much larger torso. Given that this is not viable with anything but an AT rifle in BFV, scope glint is excessive. Indeed, even if this was the case, there is often glint when it is not needed.
    You do not even need to kill someone irl to make them unable to fight due to excruciating pain and terror, that is also a thing that does not apply in the game
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »

bUt tHeRe ShOulDnT eB aNyThiNg thAt CaN kILL mE beFoRe I hAve tIme tO tUrN AroUnd anD ADAD sPaM my WaY uP To ThEm AnD mAGdUmP tHeM bEcaUsE iT hUrTs my FeeLiNGS. tHeRe sHoulDnT be aNytHing tHaT cAN kILL mE bEcaUsE iT hUrtS mY feELiNgS
  • Terminator000001
    977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you ask me, there should be much less weapons have access to scopes, especially on higher magnification, except sniper rifles of course. But even for snipers there needs to be some regulations.

The overcustomization of everything, especially guns, got ridiculous over the years, just for the sake to make the weapon look tacticool.

Sometimes less is more. I'd like to see that in the future. 🦆
  • Hawxxeye
    7479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you ask me, there should be much less weapons have access to scopes, especially on higher magnification, except sniper rifles of course. But even for snipers there needs to be some regulations.

The overcustomization of everything, especially guns, got ridiculous over the years, just for the sake to make the weapon look tacticool.

Less but meaningful  also means there is a better chance that it will be possible to balance each thing and to give each its own niche.
  • DingoKillr
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Less but meaningful  also means there is a better chance that it will be possible to balance each thing and to give each its own niche.

I did like BF1 different range rifles. BFV tired that with bipod and bayonet but how the weapons handled meant differences was actual very small. Enfield v KarK should have had much clearier handling differences.

I hope we don't end up like BFV, we could have a simple short range rifle with bayonet, low velocity, high damage, straight pull and no moving penalty, while long range rifle with bipod, high velocity, medium damage and moving penalty.

Mind you I would also make short range rifle 1HK HS limited range
  • MrCamp121
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree. Ive Never understood why 3X scopes are on ARs, SARs, and LMGs in this game. Recon should be the only one with access to those. "But i cant see".."visibility" blah blah.
  • Terminator000001
    977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »

I agree. Ive Never understood why 3X scopes are on ARs, SARs, and LMGs in this game. Recon should be the only one with access to those. "But i cant see".."visibility" blah blah.

Iron sights on the very most weapons are actually fine how they are. The only ones I would say are bad are weapons with on top magazines like Bren, Madsen and Type 97.
  • CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

All the previous titles (even BF1) had scopes on lmgs and SLRs. In BF4 you could put scopes on any gun (except handguns/shotguns).

It has been like this for the last 10 years...
  • Terminator000001
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    All the previous titles (even BF1) had scopes on lmgs and SLRs. In BF4 you could put scopes on any gun (except handguns/shotguns).

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
  • talhaONE
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yep scopes were availabe for those guns. But why people were using holos and red dots on those guns anyway? Answer is simple.

Scopes on bf3 and Bf4 had tunnel vision. In bf5 there is no disadvantage for using 3x scope.
  • MrCamp121
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yep and never been much of a fan of them other than the farquhar optical in bf1 for the red dot without dof. These scopes just promote distance play, hence the assault G43/g1-5/turner gameplay.
  • Hawxxeye
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)

Yep and never been much of a fan of them other than the farquhar optical in bf1 for the red dot without dof. These scopes just promote distance play, hence the assault G43/g1-5/turner gameplay.

In a defense of scopes, the iron sights are usually implemented very poorly in these games
  • MrCamp121
    (Quote)
    In a defense of scopes, the iron sights are usually implemented very poorly in these games

Theres reflex and nydar sights
  • DingoKillr
    (Quote)

Not on Recon Bolt action.
  • MrCamp121
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Do you even read?
  • DingoKillr
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)

Do you even read?

No, I did not read about scopes and sights in a glint thread about BF5.

BF4 had the same sight and scopes 4x on every weapon. Except Recon which had extra scopes(4) above 6x. Personal holo was the best once adjusted. So had ways of avoiding glint.

However BF5 except for Recon BA does not have access to nydar type sights. Which makes glint on Recon 3x even more stupid.