Sniper glare vs. other scopes, this is ridiculous

13»

Comments

• DutchFightert
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ragnarok013 said:

let's stay on topic, this thread isn't about cheating.

I know i should not do this, but it is stronger then me, i have to.

Wich thread is ? Can't find it. :D
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am using the K31 rifle these days and I am doing my best to use only the iron sights unless the scope is necessary.
    The scope glint ruins the assassin archetype of the bolt action rifles. Plus with iron sights I do not need to scope out to chamber the next bullet so I can sort of use it like a slower SLR.
    However it is always in the back of my mind that those assaults can shoot back with glintless x3 scopes.
  • MrCamp121
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    In a defense of scopes, the iron sights are usually implemented very poorly in these games

Theres reflex and nydar sights

Not on Recon Bolt action.

Do you even read?

No, I did not read about scopes and sights in a glint thread about BF5.

BF4 had the same sight and scopes 4x on every weapon. Except Recon which had extra scopes(4) above 6x. Personal holo was the best once adjusted. So had ways of avoiding glint.

However BF5 except for Recon BA does not have access to nydar type sights. Which makes glint on Recon 3x even more stupid.

Literally nowhere did i ever say recon had reflex nor nydar.

Maybe try reading next time
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    All the previous titles (even BF1) had scopes on lmgs and SLRs. In BF4 you could put scopes on any gun (except handguns/shotguns).

It has been like this for the last 10 years...

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yep scopes were availabe for those guns. But why people were using holos and red dots on those guns anyway? Answer is simple.

Scopes on bf3 and Bf4 had tunnel vision. In bf5 there is no disadvantage for using 3x scope.

This. The differences in ADS times caused by using scopes over iron sights is negligible so in a game that’s as open as BFV there’s really no reason to not use x3 scopes unless you’re a medic (if they even equip x3 scopes)
  • VOLBANKER
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    (Quote)
    All the previous titles (even BF1) had scopes on lmgs and SLRs. In BF4 you could put scopes on any gun (except handguns/shotguns).

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Yep scopes were availabe for those guns. But why people were using holos and red dots on those guns anyway? Answer is simple.

Scopes on bf3 and Bf4 had tunnel vision. In bf5 there is no disadvantage for using 3x scope.

This. The differences in ADS times caused by using scopes over iron sights is negligible so in a game that’s as open as BFV there’s really no reason to not use x3 scopes unless you’re a medic (if they even equip x3 scopes)
    Recoil is more visible / harder to control with 3X scope, I think.
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    (Quote)

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

It is more then that.

With AR I found 2x to be better and quicker to ADS. LMG take so long to ADS a 3x does not matter at least you still have range. SAR why not you have no glint when playing the long game.

Here the thing anyone using certain weapons with iron sights on a controller has an advantage over 3x scoped players at medium ranges. Players having sight only misses that point about balancing.

Take LMG in BF4 some should have had either no 4x scopes or a longer ADS with(not technically possible at time). LMG in BFV are not the same weapon, so they should not have been balanced with current setup and should have been balanced to use a 3x. As the MMG are short range and closer to how some BF4 LMG should have been.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 3
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    (Quote)

maxresdefaultjpg

maxresdefaultjpg

hqdefaultjpg

It is more then that.

With AR I found 2x to be better and quicker to ADS. LMG take so long to ADS a 3x does not matter at least you still have range. SAR why not you have no glint when playing the long game.

Here the thing anyone using certain weapons with iron sights on a controller has an advantage over 3x scoped players at medium ranges. Players having sight only misses that point about balancing.

Take LMG in BF4 some should have had either no 4x scopes or a longer ADS with(not technically possible at time). LMG in BFV are not the same weapon, so they should not have been balanced with current setup and should have been balanced to use a 3x. As the MMG are short range and closer to how some BF4 LMG should have been.

I miss the BF3/4 L/MMGs