Provence breakthrough is the worst balanced Map ever.

ProAssassin2003
3854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 25
Having 2 sectors at the beginning with just one Objective is a recipe for disaster. Defenders have high ground with huge open sightlines and it's literally 32 Snipers vs 32 Snipers with Sniping Tanks. Zero ways to flank unless you feel like crawling around for 5 minutes.

It's awful for Attackers and Defenders.

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is also the Sun in the eyes of the Attackers. 

• ElliotLH
    9351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Found it pretty decent so far personally for the most part, with lots of back and forth, but those matches which do devolve in to sniping battles are tedious though, I agree.
  • fragnstein
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention the defenders get multiple 6lbs and stationary mmg.  German tanks are much better then the US.  Move defenders supply away from the obj so the tanks have to leave the area to resupply
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If, as attacker, you get your hands on a fast tank and actually push left or right flank (where their tank is not) for the flag. My experience is that it almost always leads to that the flag is captured. It needs to be done fairly early (before all have given up and switched to recon). A bit later into the game it can still succeed and one can mostly push in the center (if team has assaults they will be in center mostly by now, whereas the recons are at the flanks or back in spawn). I mostly prioritize destroying the tank supply and if possible, the tank. Do not expect to survive, you do this to win the round, not boost your K/D. Do not stop with the tank because then you will be instantly dead and team will not have time to push with you. Mostly I also write in chat that I will do this so that the few with currage will be prepared and follow.

Sadly enough mostly the tanks gets hogged by some 'tank pros' that will only drive to the high point of the field and then stop to start farming, occasionally going back to spawn when hit and to resupply. They will stand there with some 40-0 and cry about that the team is useless. As if it is less dangerous to cross the open field as infantry than inside a tank which is armed and has a OHK gun that does not even require precision aim.

For the record, the worst map I ever encountered in BF is Rush on Silk Road in BF4. For those that did not play it, it is an open desert map with no real cover except some sand dunes.
  • 123loreni
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 more vote here that you guys should change Provence breakthrough. Just played it last night.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It because the player base is too dumb to use smoke, whether to use it as a medic or a reinforcement.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After enjoying exclusively El Marj Breakthrough/Cql for 2 weeks as soon as they took down the playlist and replaced it with Provence breakthrough and I realized how unfun it is I put down the game and haven't played since.

Provence conquest is alot of fun though.
  • Tullzter
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the first Flag is in my opinion the hardest to capture, the rest is pretty straightforward with a lot of cover for the attackers, what's a bit overkill are the three 6 pounder cannons that are lined up behind the B flag on the third push
  • Noodlesocks
    3594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Defenders could do with less tanks or less AT guns.
  • DonKamillentee
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm, won the map on both sides. It is ALWAYS a players problem.

One and only unbalanced breakthrough map is Airborne. Facts.
  • GenesisMD5745
    535 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played BT on this map today for the first time, and I personally enjoy what I've played so far. I'd like to see DICE add more cover in the first sector. Just some recycled destroyed vehicle assets would be good enough.

Until then, your team needs to throw down smokes as cover which my team certainly did. We did pretty well until the defenders had their stationary weapons wipe us out in the later sectors.
  • SpagPie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess if you like infantry-only gameplay it's one of the better maps, but maybe not the same for vehicles. If you want to see a ranking of the best maps look here, but maybe just look at the infantry focused ones.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In case you lack cover as an attacker you just pop some smokes...Best case scenario this will lead to a few more ppl laying down some smoke and then its pretty easy to take obj´s.... As enemyplayers tend to be afraid to push into a flag that is going down faster than Paris Hiltons singing career...
  • Hawxxeye
    7477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The attackers are making poor use of their tanks a lot of the time.
    They are the key to breaking the defensive lines and allowing infantry to get closer.
  • 123loreni
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the key for attackers is go far RIGHT to the river and then up. And some players with jeep should drive far LEFT and land behind enemy.
  • PSJackman4
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that it is broken

It was either the first or second sector, where we got into a stalemate. We were defending, and we were just mowing the advancing enemies down. Eventually, the enemy team wouldn't even push up anymore, and they all became snipers. Goes to show that the map is that broken when even the defenders find it unfair. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I could like to add that it is also bad on TDM. It is full of those lanes that allows for easy camping while at any time a squad of enemies can spawn behind you.
  • superteds
    1213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    in an ideal world you just need a few non-potatoes and flank, either left or right it doesn't matter. the cannons can't aim that far, and you can either knock them out or distract their tank, or both.

in the real world people just spawn, run straight at 6 cannons and die, do that a few times and then start sniping.