BUFF the AT rifles

2»

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a poorly design gun.
    You have to camp to use and has a 1HK 0 to 100m with a slow velocity.
    That makes it better at short range ambush then what it should be.

The whiners of BF1 sweet spot and spread are ruining good game weapon balance.

If AMR is a primary weapon it should have had the first 50m at around 80 damage, going up to 100+ until 150m or 200m dropping back down to 80. Velocity should have been higher.

As a pickup/gadget it could have had limited Ammo, less infantry damage flat 80 but higher vehicle damage.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Than they should change the assignments get 20 kills over 100m. Its so F.... hard. An infantry get 80 damage? Why
    headshots, like with all other bolt action rifles. But of course it is true that its a lot worse than any other bolt action rifle at that range cause of slow rpm, slow bullet and the need to bipod. Its just an assignment though after all, doesnt make much sense to screw up balance for a random assignment. just do it on breakthrough on a big map like hamada. thats how i did it back then. 
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

If AMR is a primary weapon it should have had the first 50m at around 80 damage, going up to 100+ until 150m or 200m dropping back down to 80. Velocity should have been higher.

As a pickup/gadget it could have had limited Ammo, less infantry damage flat 80 but higher vehicle damage.

Sweet spot is a garbage mechanic. Never bring it back
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:

Sweet spot is a garbage mechanic. Never bring it back
    The ranged sweetspot yes . The 0 to 12 m sweetspot in Bf3/4 was not that bad
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Hes referring to BA sweet spot which was an atrocious mechanic especially on console with aim assist
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Hes referring to BA sweet spot which was an atrocious mechanic especially on console with aim assist

Do you think it worked better on PC with a controller? No, I understood how it worked in BF1.

It did not work on scopes and only worked from 0 to 60m. That means scoped players using sweet spot beyond 60m is player skill.

Which if you read what I was talking about would either be a small aim assist or none for AMR, unlike now.
  • Player_rs688is9
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldnt even be in the game, pathetic. A weapon for wormlooking creatures that has no clue how to play a game.
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldnt even be in the game, pathetic. A weapon for wormlooking creatures that has no clue how to play a game.
    It should had been a  gadget with less shots but lots more AT damage
  • GrizzGolf
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are good where they are at 
  • MrCamp121
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Do you think it worked better on PC with a controller? No, I understood how it worked in BF1.

It did not work on scopes and only worked from 0 to 60m. That means scoped players using sweet spot beyond 60m is player skill.

Which if you read what I was talking about would either be a small aim assist or none for AMR, unlike now.

Whatever your point was, does not take away the fact that sweet spot is a trash mechanic that should never be in any fps EVER. The rest of whatever you just said is...
  • Hawxxeye
    GrizzGolf said:
    They are good where they are at 
    You mean at beign subpar MMGs and perhaps interrupting a repair from time to time?
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You mean at beign subpar MMGs and perhaps interrupting a repair from time to time?

Nah at being annoying tools for noobs that randomly one shot body shot you from time to time.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    you want more DMG beyond 100m? here is a hint aim for the head next time :)
    100+ meter headshots are extremely hard with AMRs.

Btw AMRs could use buff. Their muzzle velocity is on par with SMGs while its bullet drop only bested by PIAT.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1106 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let's be honest they were a mistake. A game that can struggle with slow and campy play adds weapons that only really work that way.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    408 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want a buff against infantry between 60-120 m. For an assignment I need 30 kills over a range of 100m. If I hit the torso, not dead? Huh? A 20mm, god damm
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 28
    I just want a buff against infantry between 60-120 m. For an assignment I need 30 kills over a range of 100m. If I hit the torso, not dead? Huh? A 20mm, god damm

Neither of the AT rifles have 20mm. 🦆

The Boys has 13.9 and the Panzerbüchse has 7.92.

And by that logic the MK 108 of the Bf109 G6 should eat through infantry. 🦆
  • Hawxxeye

It should but it does not :(
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

It should but it does not :(
    The worst on the MK 108 is, that it´s bad against tanks (that what the game advertises to use them against) and even worse against planes (the actual purpose of this gun). 🦆
  • SpagPie
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think they should be weapons in the first place, just gadgets. Also maybe it would be cool if they did "crew" damage like in War Thunder. It's too bad there's only two and they're basically identical, makes it pretty hard to compare them, honestly.