Bf4 fps drops every 10 seconds

YTG_Rhino
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I bought bf4 a while ago (maybe a year) and ever since I got it I have had some horrible fps drops. I have tried everything, restarting computer clean boot, overclocking and under clocking gpu. I have uninstalled bf4 so many times trying to fix the problem so I finally gave up. Now its gotten even worse. When I log in and join a game I get 60 or so fps on high settings. After about 30 seconds my fps drops to 10 or so for 10 seconds, then be fine, and do it over again. It mostly happens when I'm looking at another player which sucks because that's why I lose gunfights.
I don't have a gaming pc but my gaming laptop is pretty good, I can run Warzone, bfv, and Rd2 on good settings. Here are my specs
Inspiron 15 7000 gaming:
Intel core i7 7700HQ CPU @  2.80GHz (8 thread)
Nvidea GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design
16 gigs of ram
Gpu temp doesnt go over 180f
Please help

Comments

• elderwarriors
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You are playing on a laptop. I am assuming that you are connecting by wireless. Not a good idea in general. CPU clock speed is a little low, though my PC (desktop) only runs at 3500, so you are not far away.
    My first bit of advice for you is to connect via ethernet then check what is running in the back ground when you are playing. And I mean look for the things that you do not know about. Task manager is always a good place to start, just make sure that you are looking at all of what is running. Lower left corner of task manager is a switch to look at more or less. You need to look at more.
  • YTG_Rhino
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you, I realized I have a ton of antivirus software running in the background. Helped a lot. :)