Fliegerfaust is not 'OHK' easy mode

AngrySquid270
151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrA1TyB9EA4

On the first and second clips I even manage to connect with the the followup salvo yet still no kill.

If pilots want to argue that this is still OP, then post up a video of you getting 5+ unassisted kills with the FF in three consecutive conquest matches.  If it truly is easy and no skill then that should be an easy task.

Comments

• Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On the first and second clips I even manage to connect with the the followup salvo yet still no kill.

If pilots want to argue that this is still OP, then post up a video of you getting 5+ unassisted kills with the FF in three consecutive conquest matches.  If it truly is easy and no skill then that should be an easy task.

You should not have a one hit kill to plane from an infantary tool that is made to be easy point and shoot at the 1st place , planes dont have a counter for this tool and you cant predict who is useing it because pilot's cant see the players on the ground that easy, add to that it is not limited so 32 players could have it, fliger damage should be like bf1 , you need to team up to kill a plane the same you do to kill a tank , i dont see you asking for a one hit kill to a tank but for you it's ok to kill a plane with one hit.
  • DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No trouble here with the FF, 1 shot, 2 shots, far and short, hell even a guy in a jeep, but that was luck, he got shot by a tank, wich trow him of course other wise i was roadkill.

• AngrySquid270
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You should not have a one hit kill to plane from an infantary tool that is made to be easy point and shoot at the 1st place , planes dont have a counter for this tool and you cant predict who is useing it because pilot's cant see the players on the ground that easy, add to that it is not limited so 32 players could have it, fliger damage should be like bf1 , you need to team up to kill a plane the same you do to kill a tank , i dont see you asking for a one hit kill to a tank but for you it's ok to kill a plane with one hit.

You are right I am not asking for a OHK tank gadget. Probably because my topic has nothing to do with tanks.

Infantry can solo unsuspecting tankers easily. Good infantry can even solo suspecting tankers with reasonable success. The fact you suggest infantry can't solo tanks is strange.

If all 32 players on a team equipped the FF shouldn't that pretty much assure complete air domination? I think I'm missing your point here. Are you arguing that the FF should be balanced based on the edge case scenario that everyone has it equipped. Isn't it more logical to balance the FF based on reality where there's only 1-2 competent and active FF users on a team?

• DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There is an attitude on this board that the FF is something a novice can point in the general direction of a plane and expect to rake in the 'OHK's. For that reason it should be nerfed. Do you share that attitude?
    No i don't, it needs a lot of practice and i sure mis a lot also.
    Sometimes the most easy ones are not killed.
    When i look at the stats i have 775 kills, but it took 2 hours and 17 min and i fired 14,564 rounds.
    When the FF came to the game then it was easy, with it's 3 burst, after the first nerf i did not use it anymore, but now i use it a lot again after the buff.
    But it is not a point it a little bit in the direction and you have a kill.

• Frindly-Fire-4
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You are right I am not asking for a OHK tank gadget. Probably because my topic has nothing to do with tanks.

Infantry can solo unsuspecting tankers easily. Good infantry can even solo suspecting tankers with reasonable success. The fact you suggest infantry can't solo tanks is strange.

If all 32 players on a team equipped the FF shouldn't that pretty much assure complete air domination? I think I'm missing your point here. Are you arguing that the FF should be balanced based on the edge case scenario that everyone has it equipped. Isn't it more logical to balance the FF based on reality where there's only 1-2 competent and active FF users on a team?

It's not just an infantary vs air, you have saa maa planes and fliger if you remove all of the rest tools then you can argue that you need a one hit kill, it's not just you trying to kill a plane all weapons in the game can damage a plane, i killed a plan with mmg with bazoka with a cannon and even with a madeson lmg, so d why should fliger do a one hit kill , this is my point.
  • cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is an attitude on this board that the FF is something a novice can point in the general direction of a plane and expect to rake in the 'OHK's. For that reason it should be nerfed. Do you share that attitude?

That's because they can. I've been OHK'd by players with levels in the single digits by the FF. Now if that same player tries to kill me in a plane, they will fail miserably. A trait of an OP weapon is that even a novice can pick it up and have success with it. 
  • AngrySquid270
    (Quote)
    That's because they can. I've been OHK'd by players with levels in the single digits by the FF. Now if that same player tries to kill me in a plane, they will fail miserably. A trait of an OP weapon is that even a novice can pick it up and have success with it. 

I'm unsure one kill is enough to qualify as success. That same player could have shot 200 FF shots that round and finished the match 1-12. That would not be success in my eyes.

I've been killed by low level players with shotguns and AT rifles. Those same players I would have dominated in any other equally matched fight. This does not make shotguns and AT rifles OP.

Also shouldn't the concept of rock, paper scissors apply here?

I mean if some is playing the rock to your scissor shouldn't they have a significant advantage?

I'm sure there's been cases where novice pilots have killed tankers, yet those same pilots wouldn't stand a chance trying to 1v1 that same tanker in another tank. This does not mean planes are OP.
  • peas9675
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 26
    0:23, should of been a kill.

It is because the servers ea uses are bad, it effects even infrantry players.

ea/dice don't want to treat battlefield players with high performance servers, and fix their own hit reg issues.

• Frindly-Fire-4
    this is what you asked for enjoy your op tool, that was only in two games.

• AngrySquid270
    this is what you asked for 
    Clearly something was lost in translation.  This is not what I asked for.

I want to see you using the FF.  I want to see you getting 5+ kills unassisted kills in three consecutive matches.  The video you posted isn't even close - it's just you getting killed six times by the FF from six seperate players presumably over two consecutive matches.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    (Quote)

I want to see you using the FF.  I want to see you getting 5+ kills unassisted kills in three consecutive matches.  The video you posted isn't even close - it's just you getting killed six times by the FF from six seperate players presumably over two consecutive matches.
    So it's not op this is fine with you the fliger should stay like that a one hit kill to a plane full health from any distance ?
  • heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It certainly isn’t, I haven’t used it much but when I’ve tried I couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo, I wasn’t even sure I was doing it right tbh
  • AngrySquid270
    (Quote)

So it's not op this is fine with you the fliger should stay like that a one hit kill to a plane full health from any distance ?
    Any distance? That's grossly overstating the effectivness of the FF.

Max theoretical range is 600m per Sym. Max practical range in my experience is 100m. Anything beyond 150m is highlight reel material.

The FF travels at 200m/s.  So you'd have to lead the target by a full 3 seconds with near perfect accuracy at max range.  This also requries the pilot to fly dead straight and not adjust speed during that time.  

Even with great aim the spread of the pellets make OBKs go from plausible at 100m to improbable at 200m. You need all 10 pellets to hit, if even one misses then the plane survives.    OBK's beyond 200m require abnormally tight spread patterns along with fantastic aim. As you can see in my video the spread pattern is not even tight enough to guarantee OBKs at point blank ranges.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The burst from a FF travels at 200 m/s. This is among the lowest bullet velocities of any weapon in BFV. With this slow-moving burst you have to hit an ultra fast and highly maneuvrable object (a plane that is not a bomber). With these facts in mind it is beyond me how anyone can claim this weapon is OP.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I actually find it incredible that you got FFed in 2 rounds more than I ever got within 2 weeks.It is almost like you attract enemies with a vendetta against planes..Some of these dives btw were too reckless for someone who is against a team that he knows that they use FF. The best precaution against FF users is to not approach from a direction they can see you comming. If the first time they notice you is after you have already passed, it is a lot harder for them to bring out the FF and lead a shot in time

How could i see targets if i dont dive , how could i shoot them if i dont dive ?
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    The burst from a FF travels at 200 m/s. This is among the lowest bullet velocities of any weapon in BFV. With this slow-moving burst you have to hit an ultra fast and highly maneuvrable object (a plane that is not a bomber). With these facts in mind it is beyond me how anyone can claim this weapon is OP.

it's op , stop trying to cover it.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Op was asking for video evidence, instead he gets a straw man argument.
    He is also willing to discuss any such evidence, instead he should stop covering it.
    Now I was already biased at the opening post, almost got disappointed because of the videos that would be posted in mass quantity.
    Yet I'm still biased now, and have not seen a different angle to the argument in place.
    I myself am not interested in taking down planes, after all, I still avoid plane maps. I guess I'm traumatized by them.
This discussion has been closed.