Fliegerfaust is not 'OHK' easy mode

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I actually find it incredible that you got FFed in 2 rounds more than I ever got within 2 weeks.It is almost like you attract enemies with a vendetta against planes..Some of these dives btw were too reckless for someone who is against a team that he knows that they use FF. The best precaution against FF users is to not approach from a direction they can see you coming. If the first time they notice you is after you have already passed, it is a lot harder for them to bring out the FF and lead a shot in time

How could i see targets if i dont dive , how could i shoot them if i dont dive ?
    That is why it is so important for the pilots team to spot targets for him. It is a lot easier to see and attack something from a safe distance that way.
    Yes you need to dive to an extent but the devil is in the details. One needs to consider where do they expect to be attacked from if they dive and which side the enemy wont see them coming too soon.
    I found that the recordings of a particularly aggressive (to ground forces) G6 pilot to be a good inspiration for me.

That guy would be going on 40+ kills if he had the P51D
  • SirBobdk
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is an attitude on this board that the FF is something a novice can point in the general direction of a plane and expect to rake in the 'OHK's. For that reason it should be nerfed. Do you share that attitude?

That's because they can. I've been OHK'd by players with levels in the single digits by the FF. Now if that same player tries to kill me in a plane, they will fail miserably. A trait of an OP weapon is that even a novice can pick it up and have success with it. 
    It is no different with tanks or aircraft. Any rookie can take it and be successful. 
    Its even easier to take a plane, drop bombs or fire rockets and get some random kills.
    Any one can take a tank and get kills and any one can take a bomber and get kills.
    Most will use 20 times as many shoots with the FF to get a kill compared to carpet bombing or spamming rockets in a plane.
    The only difference is that only very few can stay alive in a plane and do it on a regular basis.
    But taking a plane as a rookie and getting some random kills have never been easier.
    FF should not OKH, but it is far from easy mode.
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Used to avoid plane maps, too, but after 6.6 you now can fight back a little bit at least.
    A good pilot is still merely invincible, but against average pilots you now can compete if you manage to team up with a least one other team mate.

Situation now is better balanced than ever before, (still not perfect, but this may be impossible) but pilots now miss their insane killstreaks and try to convince EA/Dice to pull the teeth from AA again.

• Frindly-Fire-4
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Used to avoid plane maps, too, but after 6.6 you now can fight back a little bit at least.
    A good pilot is still merely invincible, but against average pilots you now can compete if you manage to team up with a least one other team mate.

Situation now is better balanced than ever before, (still not perfect, but this may be impossible) but pilots now miss their insane killstreaks and try to convince EA/Dice to pull the teeth from AA again.

No dude now all planes are useless , pilots are forced to use a plane with a rocket only, flares are broken , incandiry bombs are visual effects, 250 500 1000 bombs do nothing to ground troops and 60 to 70 % to a tank if they can land it, long reload time for plans bombs, the air game play is totaly boring , op aa and fliger , it's a shame what they did to the game. Infantary have always the choice to play inf. Maps only but players that loved battlefield for the all warfare concept are gone now.
  • spychodelics
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

This is a very limited point of view. 
  • tempo_rarity
    1306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ As a long-time seat-sitter in SAA's , it's certainly entertaining to see the overly-inventive lamentations of another long-time seat-sitter .
    No "vendettas" here - just plain joy - that the pains and gains of both seats are a little more balanced these days .

I make it so even the best Farmer still gotta pull out their Coyote/Wolf rifle once in a while .
    Or not .

Ow -wooo -OOoo  :D
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 27
    Just because you do not like it, it's not limited.

Please refer to the last paragraph of my previous post, second part, starting with "but"...

I really hope that EA/Dice do not fall for the tryhard pilot's desinformation strategy.
    If hope that they just do what they always say they do: Look at their telemetry and the data from the game report and act accordingly.
  • SirBobdk
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

1000 bombs do nothing to ground troops and 60 to 70 % to a tank if they can land it, 
    Not quit true. The stuka 1000 bomb melts infantry and OHK any tanks.
  • spychodelics
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Just because you do not like it, it's not limited.

Please refer to the last paragraph of my previous post, second part, starting with "but"...

I really hope that EA/Dice do not fall for the tryhard pilot's desinformation strategy.
    If hope that they just do what they always say they do: Look at their telemetry and the data from the game report and act accordingly.
    It is not that i dont like it, i dont share it. 

And at this point i dont know how to give you a glimpse of what is happening right now. 

About your second part: 

"but pilots now miss their insane killstreaks and try to convince EA/Dice to pull the teeth from AA again."

This is what i mean with "limited". 

You and most of the people arguing about Air To Ground / Ground to Air and only look at the k/d. 

As Frindly-Fire-4 rightfully stated:

Almost 90% of the planes and combinations are "useless" now.

Pilots did as told and adapted to

1. stay alive,
    2. to anyhow do some points in their planes. 

The extended rang of the AA now results in people picking fighters with long range rockets. Farming continues to exist. 
    The bombers farming infantry problem could have been solved by an dmg increase of the AA on the bombers.
    The fighters going for ground targets problem could have been solved by making rockets useless on infantry.
    Bombs in fighters are useless, unless players are standing on radius 2m impact area.

What do i want? 

I want to fly, have dogfights, kill some tanks, flare a bit for my team. 

How do we accomplish that? 

I dont know, but i dont feel the current balance is everything but optimal. Considering that everyone can man a sAA, and everyone can equip a FF. 

• VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    The burst from a FF travels at 200 m/s. This is among the lowest bullet velocities of any weapon in BFV. With this slow-moving burst you have to hit an ultra fast and highly maneuvrable object (a plane that is not a bomber). With these facts in mind it is beyond me how anyone can claim this weapon is OP.

it's op , stop trying to cover it.

Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.
  • Ermacness
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On the first and second clips I even manage to connect with the the followup salvo yet still no kill.

If pilots want to argue that this is still OP, then post up a video of you getting 5+ unassisted kills with the FF in three consecutive conquest matches.  If it truly is easy and no skill then that should be an easy task.

You should not have a one hit kill to plane from an infantary tool that is made to be easy point and shoot at the 1st place , planes dont have a counter for this tool and you cant predict who is useing it because pilot's cant see the players on the ground that easy, add to that it is not limited so 32 players could have it, fliger damage should be like bf1 , you need to team up to kill a plane the same you do to kill a tank , i dont see you asking for a one hit kill to a tank but for you it's ok to kill a plane with one hit.

The reason why a team have to work together for a tank is because it's HEAVILY ARMORED. Due to the aerodynamics, planes are not. If I'm not mistaken the most heavily armored plane out the in BFV are the bombers. I love how the AA damage is now because a fighter plane (again, lightest armor in the game) should not be able to straight up dive bomb a manned AA placement and live to tell the story. So in All essence, it'll be more reasonable for a plane to have a 1-hit death kill vulnerability.All 32 people could be brandishing a fleger, but then that means that there'll be little to no defenses for tanks, little to no reviving, very little to no ammo supplementation on the go, little to no healing, absolutely no static gun placements building or repairing, little to no spotting, and very little to no smokescreens. Having a team who all bringing flegers will never see the light of day.
  • DingoKillr
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No dude now all planes are useless , pilots are forced to use a plane with a rocket only, flares are broken , incandiry bombs are visual effects, 250 500 1000 bombs do nothing to ground troops and 60 to 70 % to a tank if they can land it, long reload time for plans bombs, the air game play is totaly boring , op aa and fliger , it's a shame what they did to the game. Infantary have always the choice to play inf. Maps only but players that loved battlefield for the all warfare concept are gone now.
    Flares are not broken, Incendiary bomb do kill, bombs are not for infantry and long reloads really tank reloads are just as longer and they need to be stationary. 

Still going with your campaign against AA do have a vendetta? Wait only those that oppose your ideas does.

I wonder where those player have gone too, maybe begin told if you don't like OP aircraft go play infantry only they did.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ermacness wrote: »

On the first and second clips I even manage to connect with the the followup salvo yet still no kill.

If pilots want to argue that this is still OP, then post up a video of you getting 5+ unassisted kills with the FF in three consecutive conquest matches.  If it truly is easy and no skill then that should be an easy task.

You should not have a one hit kill to plane from an infantary tool that is made to be easy point and shoot at the 1st place , planes dont have a counter for this tool and you cant predict who is useing it because pilot's cant see the players on the ground that easy, add to that it is not limited so 32 players could have it, fliger damage should be like bf1 , you need to team up to kill a plane the same you do to kill a tank , i dont see you asking for a one hit kill to a tank but for you it's ok to kill a plane with one hit.

The reason why a team have to work together for a tank is because it's HEAVILY ARMORED. Due to the aerodynamics, planes are not. If I'm not mistaken the most heavily armored plane out the in BFV are the bombers. I love how the AA damage is now because a fighter plane (again, lightest armor in the game) should not be able to straight up dive bomb a manned AA placement and live to tell the story. So in All essence, it'll be more reasonable for a plane to have a 1-hit death kill vulnerability.All 32 people could be brandishing a fleger, but then that means that there'll be little to no defenses for tanks, little to no reviving, very little to no ammo supplementation on the go, little to no healing, absolutely no static gun placements building or repairing, little to no spotting, and very little to no smokescreens. Having a team who all bringing flegers will never see the light of day.

Play the game and watch the 4th of july in each round , what you are saying is ideal if the players trying to play the objective , since day one team work failed . giving players op tools make them camp and use them more and more, like mmg aa and fliger , i played lots of games that enemy team got 4 maa staying in the uncap and when the team have no flags insted of trying to cap the team takes out the fliger and shoot the sky, most of the ones complaning about planes did not try to fly one and kill a plane they just want an easy way to kill it and that what they got more op tools.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We needed a third thread?
  • Celsi_GER
    edited June 27
    We don't even need one thread. Everything is said, nobody will change his mind anymore.

The only thing we can do now is to wait if EA/Dice will buy the fairy tale of the "OP Fliegerfaust" or not.
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    We don't even need one thread. Everything is said, nobody will change his mind anymore.

The only thing we can do now is to wait if EA/Dice will buy the fairy tale of the "OP Fliegerfaust" or not.
    DICE’s track record shows things get nerfed if there is continual debate / “noise” about them.
  • Frindly-Fire-4

It's not a fairy tail any more it is documented by lots of videos .
  • Celsi_GER
    edited June 28

It's not a fairy tail any more it is documented by lots of videos .

I don't see "lot's" of videos, there are only a few showing some lucky shots by lucky and/or very skilled persons.
    This doesn't proof anything.
    There are much more videos in the net about planes having long and insane kill streaks.
    Maybe I should collect them and open a new thread here, whining about the overpowered planes and beg EA/Dice to nerf them...

BTW:
    Lots of video about this:

And it still is a fairy tale....
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on
  • RipGroove99
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I OHK planes all the time with the Fliegerfaust, it's not hard once you get the hang of it especially if the plane is flying low.
  • RipGroove99
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would post some videos but my upload speed is 1MB so it would take hours lol