Fliegerfaust is not 'OHK' easy mode

1235»

Comments

• AngrySquid270
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "FF is OHK, but not all the time, its perfectly balanced." 

Well the dual bombs on the Pacific planes were OHK on tanks but not all the time either, yet the "ground only" community went nuts demanding nerfs. The FF requires a bit of aiming to get that OHK, and so did the bombs. Even though I think they should get rid of the 3rd person rings that help you aim, but the FF gets crosshairs, so same thing. 

If we keep FF at OHK then lets bring back OHK with the dual bombs on Pacific planes. No? Why not? I have my own theories relative to why tanks don't get nearly the same irrational hate that planes do. Imagine if assault class had a OHK weapon for tanks that didn't require you to even come close to the tank. Oh boy....yet the "infantry only" community demands devine OHK weapons against planes, when its a consensus among that SAME community that teamwork is needed to take out tanks.    

Also, a big issue with the FF that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is the fact that its audio is bugged. @VOLBANKER mentioned the slow muzzle velocity of the FF, 200m/s, that gives the pilot a chance to react and not take a hit head on, however, a lot of times the audio is bugged, and you can not hear the FF being fired, or the sound of it exploding. I have been OHK'd on 100 health on numerous occasion where my plane just disintegrates with no audio, nothing. 

I don't recall ever saying "FF is OHK, but not all the time, its perfectly balanced".

In fact I have numerous posts over the past few weeks stating that I do not believe the FF is well balanaced.  I'll even state it again now - I don't believe the FF is well balanced.  I've even stated that I wouldn't mind seeing the SAA and MAA removed from the game entirely since I don't think it's possible to fairly balance them. I believe every Battlefield map should have planes. You seem eager to slap the anti-airplane, vendetta holding, narrow minded label on anyone you disagree with, but that label hardly holds with me.

The whole point of this topic is to try and dispell some of the exageration and misinformation being spread by pilots who are pushing for a hard nerf. 

My stance on the FF is that it needs tweaking - not a hard nerf.  As it stands currently the FF is hardly a threat to elite pilots, a fair challenge for great pilots and overpowered against bad pilots.

Consider this game: 
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1268686868029120768?handle=AngrySquid270

There was a great pilot on the other team, Phantasmique.  He caught my attention after he killed me three times and was 13-0 on the scoreboard using the Corsair.   I spent the rest of the match trying to kill him with the FF.   I'd hit him for 88-98 dmg and he'd fly off repair.  He'd come back, I'd hit him for 88-98 dmg and he'd fly off repair. Finally one the fourth attempt I got the kill. I've faced a lot of pilots but Phantasmique had nearly perfected the anti-FF strategy.

The pilot finished 24-1.  His record against me was 3-1, yet I had a blast with that little battle.  The FF hardly felt OP against a pilot how knew how to counter it.  Though the simplistic view of pilots on this board the FF can only be a black and white device - in that scenario Phantasmique was cheated out of a perfect game and I got a kill I didn't deserve.  It didn't feel that way to me, from my perspective the FF was perfectly balanced in that scenario.  

I've had other moments I've downed the entire enemy air force within 5 seconds unassisted.  The FF feels OPs in these scenarios.

I've had other games where I spend the entire match trying to kill a 60+ kill high altitude enemy bomber with no success.  The FF feels useless in these scenarios.

The situation calls for a more nuanced approach than a simple hard nerf. I'd be more than happy to give up the 'OHK' potential as long as the FF gets buffed in other ways to increase the skill ceiling and gains the ability to threaten elite pilots.

• cashm0n3y08
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 30
    @AngrySquid270 no success against elite pilots? Describing a pilot is elite is subjective, either way how many of these do you actually come across? On xbox there might be 15 to 20 of us "elite pilots" that are actually left. A few of the guys don't even touch public servers anymore because the dogfighting is ruined by AA range. 

And when you run into these pilots, when using the FF against them, do you sit in your spawn the whole time safe from enemy infantry? Next to your resupply so you can reload over and over again? That's what the overwhelming majority of FF users looking for pilot revenge do, and elite pilots know this, and thus know where to look. Sure, you get the element of surprise on your first FF shot, which more than likely isn't a OHK. That elite pilot now knows you are there, and most FF users just stay in there spawn, dedicating the rest of the match for that revenge kill, right next to that resupply, and then when that elite pilot kills you, because you didn't move, frustration sets in. 

....I advise moving out of your spawn if that is indeed the tactic you use. 
  • SirBobdk
    5237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The situation calls for a more nuanced approach than a simple hard nerf. I'd be more than happy to give up the 'OHK' potential as long as the FF gets buffed in other ways to increase the skill ceiling and gains the ability to threaten elite pilots.

Agree. No OHK in return for faster reload, more ammo and more speed.
  • VOLBANKER
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 30
    SirBobdk said:

Agree. No OHK in return for faster reload, more ammo and more speed.

It doesn't even need more ammo IMO. Fast deploy (= removal of deploy animation), faster reload (= removal of reload animation) and a higher velocity for it's bullets/more speed...that'll do. Plus give it to Support so both Assault and Support have it. When these things are done, remove OHK ability.
  • Celsi_GER
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree.
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Frindly-Fire-4 I think you know why Fleigerfaust killed you so many
    times. You are not playing alone. At least 2-3 good pilots with you.

You are dominating the sky. You were dominating
    Pacific Breakthrough for a very long time. Opponents are powerless against you.
    FF is their only choice in this situation.

Not to mention
    you are spawn killing enemy planes. Even attacking them on runaway (long time ago  vs top 5 pc
    pilot..)  I was wrong, I always thought that pilots (good pilots) want to
    dogfight 1 vs 1 each other. Like IDF guys..

Furthermore you are TOP 1 score air with really
    high level. Players know you and you know what? They will hunt for you. They hate you. They "killed your  family" hundred times. This is how community looks like, but it is entirely diffrent topic. You need to pay the price.

@VOLBANKER

You need to lost your hope.

(Quote)

Game is dead. They even had to delay Summer trailer..

so i should not play the game with friends i should play alone ? If that what you do it's wrong, games are made to have fun and played with friends and it's a team work game, so you want me to fly and dont kill other planes ? I play to win and ill kill any enemy , if you want to dogfight only go to a dogfight server dont join a ranked server and ask for a 1 vs 1 i dont see a 1 vs 1 infantry fight or a 1 vs 1 tank fight in a ranked server, the part of the hate you can burn in your hate you and them you dont mean any thing to me at the end it's a game and if you hate some one in a game you need to see a dr. .

You are mistaken that is what has been screwing up balance and teamwork.

DICE listen to you guys and created a game called BFV where you need friends. This is why other games are fun because you did not need friends, but if you had it was better.

In a online environment you shouls be able to work alone or choose to work with someone, not be forced to. If you want to help someone it should not be hard to do so.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Not to mention
    you are spawn killing enemy planes. Even attacking them on runaway (long time ago  vs top 5 pc

high level. Players know you and you know what? They will hunt for you. They hate you. They "killed your  family" hundred times. This is how community looks like, but it is entirely diffrent topic. You need to pay the price.

@VOLBANKER

(Quote)

so i should not play the game with friends i should play alone ? If that what you do it's wrong, games are made to have fun and played with friends and it's a team work game, so you want me to fly and dont kill other planes ? I play to win and ill kill any enemy , if you want to dogfight only go to a dogfight server dont join a ranked server and ask for a 1 vs 1 i dont see a 1 vs 1 infantry fight or a 1 vs 1 tank fight in a ranked server, the part of the hate you can burn in your hate you and them you dont mean any thing to me at the end it's a game and if you hate some one in a game you need to see a dr. .

DICE listen to you guys and created a game called BFV where you need friends. This is why other games are fun because you did not need friends, but if you had it was better.

In a online environment you shouls be able to work alone or choose to work with someone, not be forced to. If you want to help someone it should not be hard to do so.

We have been playing since bf2 with friends the problem in this game is the attrition it made the game as a hardcore mode . And it effected both infantry and vehicles other than that i see the this game on the ground at this state is better than bf1 only the visibilty is a problem but gun play its better without the suppression and the sweet spot.
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Not to mention

@VOLBANKER

(Quote)

We have been playing since bf2 with friends the problem in this game is the attrition it made the game as a hardcore mode . And it effected both infantry and vehicles other than that i see the this game on the ground at this state is better than bf1 only the visibilty is a problem but gun play its better without the suppression and the sweet spot.

And there a lot that don't play with friends.
    As said balance
    - must keep friends together.
    - delay getting in as must be placed in squad first(done to allow friends to squad up) .
    Things like squad leader can quit the whole squad.

The idea of fixed range weapons for classes so squads must work together.

The theory that planes require teamwork to bring down but don't provide tools do so. Yet tanks where design to be solo by assault.

Can't spawn on a friendly tank or plane unless it is has a squadmate in the vehicle.

Ping spot for squad only. No way to spot for a team mate beside me.

Adding and adjusting things later just screws balance/teamwork more.