The game stucks for a second

123loreni
73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited June 28
Every few minutes or so the game will stuck for a split second. It is best noticed on deploy/respawn but it happens during game play as well. It is best noticed when there is quick movement.

It's not a big deal but it shouldn't happen on a superb PC that I have (ryzen 9 rtx2070 16gb ram). And it's not the ping.

Not sure if stuck is the proper English word but I'm sure you get it.

What could it be? Does this happen on consoles as well?

Comments

• UsainskiSemperFi
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It happens to me very often after the last two updates and sometimes even Origin and the Game crash and closed itself.
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please try the freeware tool ISLC.
    Standard settings.
    Play a round or two.
    If your problems are as good as gone then, there are 2 ways:
    - Permanently use the tool in background (I did this for 4 months, found no disadvantages)
    - Upgrade to 32GB fast RAM, this permanently solved the problem for me.
  • 123loreni
    ISLC made no difference.

so what is the mark of the fastest RAM for this machine? for instance PC3200.....which one is it?

is there a program I can quickly check which one I have now?
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If ISLC didn't help, the RAM is not the problem.
    Free program to find out about your RAM: CPU-Z
  • Matty101yttam
    1408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It happens to me very often after the last two updates and sometimes even Origin and the Game crash and closed itself.
    Yeah i get the same, mine are fairly quick but it's very off-putting while playing, for me lasts about 2 bullets worth of time from an automatic weapon.
    And i get it maybe 2-3 times a map.
  • 123loreni
    I checked the recipe and my ram is PC3200. As I checked the prices I see that PC3600 has still acceptable price and from there up the prices are too high to make sense to buy it.

So would switching from PC3200 to 3600 really make a difference?

As for upgrade from 16 to 32GB I will do it for sure since I already bought a fast machine which will serve for games at least 5 years...

• 123loreni
    Yeah i get the same, mine are fairly quick but it's very off-putting while playing, for me lasts about 2 bullets worth of time from an automatic weapon.
    And i get it maybe 2-3 times a map.

And what PC do you have?

Do you guys think this is a PC thing? Like the consoles don't have that? Or do they?

• Celsi_GER
    No, it's not your RAM (if ISLC doesn't help) , as I said in my previous post.
    Switching from 3200 RAM to 3600, you won't even notice the difference. I was talking about upgrading to 32GB, IF the RAM would cause your issues (but it seems it doesn't)
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is incredible that even such an expensive PC can have issues with this game
  • emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would check what background processing is going on in windows 10 first.
    There is no chance on earth this game should need more than 16gb of ram!
  • Carbonic
    1850 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I would rule out 3rd party applications and services by checking if the game runs well during a proper clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
  • 123loreni
    edited June 29
    Almost solved!

I had older video driver and no motherboard driver installed. It's now still there but much less. I notice it during youtube video as well.
    It's very slight but it's there and I want to make this PC ready for next gen games.

There are no other apps for sure it's a fresh install of windows 10.

Maybe 16GB is not that much after all. Googling about it is suggested 3600 even for Ryzen 5 (I have 9)...

• CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:
    Almost solved!

I had older video driver and no motherboard driver installed. It's now still there but much less. I notice it during youtube video as well.
    It's very slight but it's there and I want to make this PC ready for next gen games.

There are no other apps for sure it's a fresh install of windows 10.

Maybe 16GB is not that much after all. Googling about it is suggested 3600 even for Ryzen 5 (I have 9)...

If you play BFV without anything running in the background, 16GB is enough, the game does not use 16GB RAM (standby-memory/ISLC is another issue within Windows).

And as others have said, upgrading from 3200Mhz to 3600Mhz RAM is not worth it, it will at best give a few more FPS (probably single digit):
    https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3508-ryzen-3000-memory-benchmark-best-ram-fclk-uclock-mclock

Make sure your RAM is running Dual-channel RAM (check with CPU-Z), this means more than any increase of RAM MHz. And make sure XMP/DOCP is enabled in the Bios otherwise the memory is not running at full speed (again CPU-Z can show the speed of the memory). 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All I can add is that going to 32gb (4x8 3200) solved my microstutters even though bfv never used up anyway near the initial 16gb...

2700x cpu
  • 123loreni
    edited June 29
    CPU Z says Dual chanel at 1600MHz

will upgrade to 32GB and probably stick with pc3200

btw do you guys have vsync on or off?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14177 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Vsync off,  frames capped via either a user.cfg or via nvidia control panel.

Vsync introduces input latency.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vsync off,  frames capped via either a user.cfg or via nvidia control panel.

Vsync introduces input latency.
    i play with VSync On. OMG so much smoother gameplay experience i have. And about the imput lag? It's barely noticable.
  • Celsi_GER
    (Quote)
    i play with VSync On. OMG so much smoother gameplay experience i have. And about the imput lag? It's barely noticable.

Same here. Getting eyeball cancer without Vsync. Have no problem at all with input lag.
  • TFBisquit
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It puts a delay in the frames rendered on your screen. so for instance, you see an enemy fire his first shot at you, yet he already fired 3 at that same time.It's pretty crucial in online shooters.
    But as you said, if your fine with vsync on, then good on you.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 29
    123loreni wrote: »
    CPU Z says Dual chanel at 1600MHz

will upgrade to 32GB and probably stick with pc3200

btw do you guys have vsync on or off?

Vsync off gsync on.
    No fps limit cause I play at 1440p so no chance of reaching 165fps anyway ;)