BFV is an immersive and polished game (weird short clip)

Hawxxeye
7479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 28
I hope that clip makes you chuckle as much as it made me.
It was already unlikely to beat a type 2A with a machete but even more unlikely that I would hit the medic with so much force that his corpse would be sent flying out of the house

Comments

• Inferno91x
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i dont understand what are you saying?
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I am saying that 20 months after launch we still have hilarious glitched animations/ragdolls
    That has been part and trademark of every BF game since the first game was published in 1942.... Ofcourse the first game was a chesslike boardgame and thats where these ragdoll animations comes from.

Its reassembles the the tiny soldiers flying all around the room when Uncle Roger would knock the entire board off the table. Hence the term: RAGE QUIT!...
  • ElliotLH
    9351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haha you must have had your spinach that day.
  • cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I am saying that 20 months after launch we still have hilarious glitched animations/ragdolls
    More like over a decade of frostbite battlefield is still plagued with glitched animations and ragdolls
  • Matty101yttam
    1408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think that's a lag thing.
    Possibility 1: The time between the start position to the next position forms a movement rate/direction that's expressed as a vector, when the info lags the difference in the vector of the next position is greater than it should be giving the ragdoll some extra velocity.
    Possibility 2: Your own mesh lags into theirs and the game tries to eject the ragdoll because it's in a state of constant collision.
  • Hawxxeye
    7479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    Think that's a lag thing.
    Possibility 1: The time between the start position to the next position forms a movement rate/direction that's expressed as a vector, when the info lags the difference in the vector of the next position is greater than it should be giving the ragdoll some extra velocity.
    Possibility 2: Your own mesh lags into theirs and the game tries to eject the ragdoll because it's in a state of constant collision.
    I get it but the way you explained it so scientifically reminded me a bit of that scene from the Noob Webcomic, it was the culmination of a running joke about how in that MMO someone would (exploit) run to avoid more attacks if they move while having one hand on their hips. https://i.imgur.com/LIaaB18.jpg
    A bit like a joke version of the strafing in BFV

• Matty101yttam
    1408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol...sorry, wasn't long ago i was making a throwable fire/torch for a dungeon type game i was experimenting with and had these sorts of issues.
  • Hawxxeye
    lol...sorry, wasn't long ago i was making a throwable fire/torch for a dungeon type game i was experimenting with and had these sorts of issues.
    It can be really funny when it happens.
    Btw you really need to read the Noob comic you were ever into jokes about RPGs MMOs and player communities. The creator had dropped it long ago but what is there is still very good.
  • Matty101yttam
    never heard of it..got a link or something?
  • Hawxxeye