might as well just get rid of planes

Comments

  • PSJackman4
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    I m so sorry that pilots have just a little bit of trouble to go 100-0 now.
    I really love how some pilots act like it s the end of the world.

    Your right pilots shouldn’t be able to go 100 - 0 nor should tankers but that’s an issue that revolves around how easy it is to repair vehicles back to full health and utilize the quick repair perk. I strongly encourage you to try to fly planes on maps like Arras, Panzerstorm, Twisted Steel, Iwo Jima, Wake Island, etc. and see just how far the AA range is for yourself. You can’t understand it from the pilot’s perspective if you haven’t experienced it first hand. SAA and MAA should do more damage to fighters (because they are faster and more maneuverable) but also be subject to a range reduction and a faster overheat. That’s where the proper balance between AA and planes lies. AA it it’s current state can dominate far to large an area of a map. It literally makes ground farming infantry and armor easier to accomplish without fear of an enemy plane having a chance to destroy you if you have AA protection. That should be the exact opposite of what ground forces want.

    Yeah I spawned in as a plane on Arras, and I was immediately shot out of the sky about 4 seconds into my life by an enemy AA at the British spawn point. I kind of still think that it is just pilots complaining that they can't pull off a 100-0, but I do understand their griping. No matter how annoying it is. 
  • SirBobdk
    5294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 13
    Loqtrall said:


    Then we get in to the meat and potatoes of the supposed "issue" - down to brass tacks - the real "issue" most pilots are actually lamenting about is that they're no longer allowed to freely fly anywhere and do whatever they want without a care in the world, as if the ground battle happening below them shouldn't even be aware of their presence, and when they do happen to get hit by AA they can no longer laugh it off and say "time to kill this kid" while wiping tears from their eyes because the attempt was so futile.

    I mean, Ffs - there's already people in just this thread alone who have lamented at the fact that if an AA gun is harassing them they "can't have a good old fashioned dog fight". Someone already said it's stupid that if two AA guns cover half the map, you can only safely fly on your side of the map, the side AA isn't attacking you from.

    There are literally pilots not solely criticizing AA because of its power - but criticize AA for even being capable of performing the one job they're *supposed' to be performing, the one thing they're solely designed for - locking down friendly skies and deterring enemy aircraft. Not criticizing AA because of how supposedly easily it can take down planes, but because being shot by one is now a legitimate threat and prevents them from playing exactly how they want to play.




    I do agree in some way.
    The problem right now is that dogfighting is almost impossible and every plane is using rockets and farming infantry.
    It's even easier to farm infantry now since you do not have to worry about fighters and SAA/MAA are easily taken out when you team up with another pilot.
    There is not really anything that has changed except that it has become much more boring to fly without dogfights or the interaction between fighters and bombers.
    And the majority of available aircraft are now useless as they do not have rockets.
    Better solution would have been to make it harder and more skillfull to attack ground. And eliminate the possibility of rockets spam and carpet bombing.
    Then the AA/MAA could have been made stronger but with limited range. The whole air vs air and air vs ground is just a mess right now and dead boring imo.
    I get tired of spamming rockets, flying back, rearm and repeat because that is all you can do now.
    Then it does not matter that I can still get high killstreaks. Game for me is about fun and not stats.

  • DerDoktorMabuse
    297 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmmmm, lets think about it: High DPS, Low range AA? We had that in the vanilla version before the first AA nerf, or better said the time when DICE ruined AA. After this the AA range was increased 2 times... the last patch and one of the patches like 3 month ago when they "ninja buffed" the range... but i think they increased AA range even 3 times...

    BTW: Long range sniper rocket shots are possibel for a long long time... not the current AA range buff made people use rockets only but it started on the pacific battlefield with the bomb delay nerf! Even with this OP AA range rockets outmatch that... and they could do so before with way shorter AA range... so yes planes where OP, and they still are OP... you may say but planes with bombs have shorter ranges they are not OP, maybe but when nearly everyone, especially the people who know how to fly are using exclusivly rockets...

    "...I can personally attest that at least 95% of the planes I take down fly mid-altitude, in a straight line, and literally don't even react to being hit by anti air. They fly in a straight line, unmoving, until they're destroyed. And even with the exception of pilots that do try to get away, most of them don't do any evasive maneuvers, they don't fly low or behind terrain, they slowly turn around and expect the AA gunner who has been nailing them to magically cease being able to aim or shoot..." These pilots perfectly discribed here are the only reason why not everyone realized how much OP planes are... these pilots are the strawman to "good or pro pilots" so they can say: If planes are OP, why did you shoot down so many of them?

  • tempo_rarity
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I could double-vote you Loqtrall .
    ^ Your 'meat-and-potatoes' paragraph was sizzling-juicy deliciousness   :p

    . . .

    In WW2 : (Captain-to-bomber-crew over their headsets)
    'We're a few miles from the target now , prepare for incoming AA fire'
    In BFV : (Bomber-crew-to-Captain over their headsets)
    'We're being shot to pieces! Dodge or SOMETHING AHHH!'

    . . .

    Somehow , in this 'War Game' , it often makes more sense to 'play' it as if it were a War and less as if it were a Game .
    It reeks of Genius  <3
  • PSJackman4
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah I spawned in as a plane on Arras, and I was immediately shot out of the sky about 4 seconds into my life by an enemy AA at the British spawn point. I kind of still think that it is just pilots complaining that they can't pull off a 100-0, but I do understand their griping. No matter how annoying it is. 

    Honestly, Arras' play area is so small (relative to larger maps) that it makes no sense for planes to be on the map anyway. They could cut AA range in half right now and AA would still be able to cover 75% of Arras' airspace from spawn.

    On other maps though, I'm definitely in the "complaints are coming from pilots only because they're actually dying now" boat. Because there were virtually NO complaints from pilots in regards to AA balance when AA was weak as hell and they could tank 15 shots from an AA gun while dive bombing it face-first, and destroy the AA before even reaching 50 health because of emergency repair.

    And on top of that, as someone with a countless amount of time in SAA who dedicates themselves to taking down bothersome planes when NOBODY else on my team will do so - I STILL get taken out by planes who tank my damage, or who fly low all the way around the map and flank me while I'm attacking other aircraft. Planes on the Pacific can still kill AA gunners with missiles from the extent of the range of the AA gun.

    You know what the real issue is? Most pilots in this game fly in straight lines. I've destroyed hundreds of aircraft in this game, when I play on AA these days I'm taking down at least 10 aircraft in a match and have so far in the past 30 days received rage messages from SEVEN different pilots I destroyed - and I can personally attest that at least 95% of the planes I take down fly mid-altitude, in a straight line, and literally don't even react to being hit by anti air. They fly in a straight line, unmoving, until they're destroyed. And even with the exception of pilots that do try to get away, most of them don't do any evasive maneuvers, they don't fly low or behind terrain, they slowly turn around and expect the AA gunner who has been nailing them to magically cease being able to aim or shoot.

    LOL some of them even fly straight up into the sky box, stalling out, and making themselves an even easier target to hit.

    The pilots that kill me with ease? They're flying all over the place like a bat out of hell. They get hit ONE TIME by AA and they get the hell out of dodge with all sorts of spins and barrel rolls. They fly low behind terrain. They fly all the way around the edge of the play area and come up behind me while I'm not looking. They get their squad mates in planes to attack me at the same time.

    AA isn't as easy as it's made out to be when the pilot in question knows what he's doing.

    Then we get in to the meat and potatoes of the supposed "issue" - down to brass tacks - the real "issue" most pilots are actually lamenting about is that they're no longer allowed to freely fly anywhere and do whatever they want without a care in the world, as if the ground battle happening below them shouldn't even be aware of their presence, and when they do happen to get hit by AA they can no longer laugh it off and say "time to kill this kid" while wiping tears from their eyes because the attempt was so futile.

    I mean, Ffs - there's already people in just this thread alone who have lamented at the fact that if an AA gun is harassing them they "can't have a good old fashioned dog fight". Someone already said it's stupid that if two AA guns cover half the map, you can only safely fly on your side of the map, the side AA isn't attacking you from.

    There are literally pilots not solely criticizing AA because of its power - but criticize AA for even being capable of performing the one job they're *supposed' to be performing, the one thing they're solely designed for - locking down friendly skies and deterring enemy aircraft. Not criticizing AA because of how supposedly easily it can take down planes, but because being shot by one is now a legitimate threat and prevents them from playing exactly how they want to play.

    And the same behavior is mimicked by other pilots across all BF social media.

    That's like being upset that a tank is sitting in an OBJ defending it from enemies, but you can't kill him because you want to play as a Medic and refuse to change how you play.
    Couldn't have said it better myself! A+
  • PSJackman4
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish I could double-vote you Loqtrall .
    ^ Your 'meat-and-potatoes' paragraph was sizzling-juicy deliciousness   :p

    . . .

    In WW2 : (Captain-to-bomber-crew over their headsets)
    'We're a few miles from the target now , prepare for incoming AA fire'
    In BFV : (Bomber-crew-to-Captain over their headsets)
    'We're being shot to pieces! Dodge or SOMETHING AHHH!'

    . . .

    Somehow , in this 'War Game' , it often makes more sense to 'play' it as if it were a War and less as if it were a Game .
    It reeks of Genius  <3
    Then make a second account! jk, that is against the forum rules
  • TheySprayTheSky
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 13
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah I spawned in as a plane on Arras, and I was immediately shot out of the sky about 4 seconds into my life by an enemy AA at the British spawn point. I kind of still think that it is just pilots complaining that they can't pull off a 100-0, but I do understand their griping. No matter how annoying it is. 

    Honestly, Arras' play area is so small (relative to larger maps) that it makes no sense for planes to be on the map anyway. They could cut AA range in half right now and AA would still be able to cover 75% of Arras' airspace from spawn.

    On other maps though, I'm definitely in the "complaints are coming from pilots only because they're actually dying now" boat. Because there were virtually NO complaints from pilots in regards to AA balance when AA was weak as hell and they could tank 15 shots from an AA gun while dive bombing it face-first, and destroy the AA before even reaching 50 health because of emergency repair.

    And on top of that, as someone with a countless amount of time in SAA who dedicates themselves to taking down bothersome planes when NOBODY else on my team will do so - I STILL get taken out by planes who tank my damage, or who fly low all the way around the map and flank me while I'm attacking other aircraft. Planes on the Pacific can still kill AA gunners with missiles from the extent of the range of the AA gun.

    You know what the real issue is? Most pilots in this game fly in straight lines. I've destroyed hundreds of aircraft in this game, when I play on AA these days I'm taking down at least 10 aircraft in a match and have so far in the past 30 days received rage messages from SEVEN different pilots I destroyed - and I can personally attest that at least 95% of the planes I take down fly mid-altitude, in a straight line, and literally don't even react to being hit by anti air. They fly in a straight line, unmoving, until they're destroyed. And even with the exception of pilots that do try to get away, most of them don't do any evasive maneuvers, they don't fly low or behind terrain, they slowly turn around and expect the AA gunner who has been nailing them to magically cease being able to aim or shoot.

    LOL some of them even fly straight up into the sky box, stalling out, and making themselves an even easier target to hit.

    The pilots that kill me with ease? They're flying all over the place like a bat out of hell. They get hit ONE TIME by AA and they get the hell out of dodge with all sorts of spins and barrel rolls. They fly low behind terrain. They fly all the way around the edge of the play area and come up behind me while I'm not looking. They get their squad mates in planes to attack me at the same time.

    AA isn't as easy as it's made out to be when the pilot in question knows what he's doing.

    Then we get in to the meat and potatoes of the supposed "issue" - down to brass tacks - the real "issue" most pilots are actually lamenting about is that they're no longer allowed to freely fly anywhere and do whatever they want without a care in the world, as if the ground battle happening below them shouldn't even be aware of their presence, and when they do happen to get hit by AA they can no longer laugh it off and say "time to kill this kid" while wiping tears from their eyes because the attempt was so futile.

    I mean, Ffs - there's already people in just this thread alone who have lamented at the fact that if an AA gun is harassing them they "can't have a good old fashioned dog fight". Someone already said it's stupid that if two AA guns cover half the map, you can only safely fly on your side of the map, the side AA isn't attacking you from.

    There are literally pilots not solely criticizing AA because of its power - but criticize AA for even being capable of performing the one job they're *supposed' to be performing, the one thing they're solely designed for - locking down friendly skies and deterring enemy aircraft. Not criticizing AA because of how supposedly easily it can take down planes, but because being shot by one is now a legitimate threat and prevents them from playing exactly how they want to play.

    And the same behavior is mimicked by other pilots across all BF social media.

    That's like being upset that a tank is sitting in an OBJ defending it from enemies, but you can't kill him because you want to play as a Medic and refuse to change how you play.


    Well I can tell you’re not a pilot because if you were you would understand that the current state of the ridiculous range of the AA completely renders useless all planes that aren’t fighters. A fighter pilot can still evade AA almost all of the time if he/she knows what they are doing. A bomber pilot has absolutely no chance of staying alive short of never flying further than the closest objectives to their spawn.

    I’ve said it before and for some odd reason it just doesn’t click in non-pilots brains. I 100% agree that the AA until recently was practically all but useless which is why barely anyone bothered to use them. Now on the other hand there is literally always at least one player spawned in a MAA and one or more players in a SAA at all times. Because of the AA’s excessive range bomber pilots in a slow and less maneuverable plane will typically be shot down during their first bombing run.

    There are TONS of new players in BFV right now. It’s almost impossible to learn how to fly because of the range of the AA. A seasoned pilot in a fighter can still easily take out any SAA on the map with well aimed rockets and get away. Mobile AA’s are more challenging and best countered by tanks.

    The point is that the excessive range of the AA isn’t needed and ruins the ability to use the larger, slower and less maneuverable planes. What’s needed is a revert to the original range of the AA but a damage buff against the fast, agile fighter planes that can rocket SAA users. They may even have to give a slight buff against bombers but definitely a significant buff against fighters.

    Don’t forget infantry also have the fliegerfaust which can OHK fighters. There’s no reason to make the AA a laser beam hitscan weapon that can fire easily 800 meters into the distance. It’s literally insane. AA gunners are supposed to play tactically and wait for their opportunity to strike an unaware pilot. Not just continually fire into the enemy spawn hitting planes up until they fly past their resupply point. MAA’s shouldn’t be able to stay in the uncap and reach past the middle point of the map. They should be required to take risk themselves and enter the playable area of the map.

    I encourage anybody who thinks the current state of the AA (emphasis on range) is balanced to spawn in a plane and see for themselves just how crazy it is. Unless you’re an experienced fighter pilot with all SAA locations memorized for every map I guarantee you will get shot done in very short order.

    Lately I’ve seen literally brand new players and lots of them on BFV. Dice needs to get it together and fix this and other important aspects of the game so these new players don’t get turned off immediately. I doubt new players will purchase cosmetics if the game has major issues stopping them from enjoying it. The tank balance between the Germans and Americans is just as big an issue as the AA balance. The USA needs the Valentine and Churchill added to their roster of tanks to better counter the Panzer IV and Tiger 1. The Sherman even with an engine upgrade is still really slow especially on any grade. The Tiger 1 HEAT-T should not be doing 64 dmg to the front armor of a Sherman nor should it be killing a Greyhound in one shot.

  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some of us are not pilots. The reason I use the AA now is that I am tired of playing good 'ol fashion RnG and getting killed by a plane, 5-10 times (min.) in a match even in a tank. I then stay in a spawn area AA until most planes are gone. But many times I get rocketed or bombed a few times still by those experienced pilots that know ALL locations of AA etc.  I do not think there will ever be balance here. I think there is a ton of sky the AA cannot reach on most maps. I love to get in to a map without planes. That is normally the reason i stay. Normally this is how we get revenge on the pilot previously getting me for 0-10 previous match etc as some are much better in a plane than playing as infantry.
    Just my thought :)

    ** I do agree with this "The USA needs the Valentine and Churchill added to their roster of tanks to better counter the Panzer IV and Tiger 1"

  • Hawxxeye
    7555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was using a spotting campera plane for the spotting assingment on Arras and there was that pancake who kept camping on the SAA on the other side of the map no matter what I did.
    .
    First I flew low and came from behind him and killed him. He came back
    Then I tried to do that again but my random cupcake squadmate spawned on the rear gun and started randomly shooting making lots of noise and tracers so the SAA camper got me that time.
    With no planes left I took the Krag rifle and sniped him from the SAA a couple of times.
    Now he spend the rest of the round either sitting on the AA or proning on a truck deep in the spawn trying to snipe me back...
    .
    I hate not being able to get in the enemy spawn zones when some people never leave that place
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I was using a spotting campera plane for the spotting assingment on Arras and there was that pancake who kept camping on the SAA on the other side of the map no matter what I did.
    .
    First I flew low and came from behind him and killed him. He came back
    Then I tried to do that again but my random cupcake squadmate spawned on the rear gun and started randomly shooting making lots of noise and tracers so the SAA camper got me that time.
    With no planes left I took the Krag rifle and sniped him from the SAA a couple of times.
    Now he spend the rest of the round either sitting on the AA or proning on a truck deep in the spawn trying to snipe me back...
    .
    I hate not being able to get in the enemy spawn zones when some people never leave that place
    Understood, but I think you are also responding with the frustration aspect, which happens to all of us. But in the grand scheme of things, could you have kept playing elsewhere, as infantry etc and won the match?
    I know many times  esp on Fjell I just stay back in teh AA because we are being whooped and it seems like nothing else to do. So I try to keep the planes at bay, at least so they have trouble using our refill station etc.
  • TheySprayTheSky
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 14
    SAP-ReApEr wrote: »
    Some of us are not pilots. The reason I use the AA now is that I am tired of playing good 'ol fashion RnG and getting killed by a plane, 5-10 times (min.) in a match even in a tank. I then stay in a spawn area AA until most planes are gone. But many times I get rocketed or bombed a few times still by those experienced pilots that know ALL locations of AA etc.  I do not think there will ever be balance here. I think there is a ton of sky the AA cannot reach on most maps. I love to get in to a map without planes. That is normally the reason i stay. Normally this is how we get revenge on the pilot previously getting me for 0-10 previous match etc as some are much better in a plane than playing as infantry.
    Just my thought :)
    ** I do agree with this "The USA needs the Valentine and Churchill added to their roster of tanks to better counter the Panzer IV and Tiger 1"

    There can be a give and take scenario that involves not only significantly reducing the range of the AA but also making it so that fighter planes with rockets can only do a maximum of 40 dmg to a medium or stronger tank making it so that in order for a plane to kill most tanks it would require a triple pass if the plane was the only thing attacking it.

    I think the majority of the frustration about planes is centered around being in a tank and getting hit by the G-6’s two rockets and taking 70 dmg as a Sherman or Valentine or worse 84 dmg as a Greyhound. On the flip side, the P51d can do an astounding 84 dmg to a Tiger 1 or Sturmtiger if all 6 M8 rockets hit.

    I do think plane bombs are fairly balanced because they’ve been nerfed pretty significantly already but a fast and hard to shoot down fighter with rockets doing 70+ dmg to armor in one pass basically makes the tank so weak that anything including just one assault player can destroy it easily assuming the tanker has no dedicated repair guy riding along with him.

    I can understand why this would be ridiculously frustrating for tankers and I feel as though it’s just as OP as the range of the AA. I am not a player who literally only flies planes. I also enjoy tanking and playing as infantry so I can empathize with all players. The sweatiest pilots with 50+ days of game time in the air aren’t evening playing the game right now because of how upset they are about the AA and fliegerfaust being able to end their kill streak. There’s nothing wrong with a pilot being shot down as long it requires some skill to do and isn’t happening 800 meters away from an AA.

    But as I said before the larger, slower, and less maneuverable planes are virtually useless right now because they are so easy to shoot down; they simply can’t evade the AA. They can’t even make it far enough into the map to be of use to their team without losing half of their health or more because of the range of the AA.

    I hope my suggestion of reducing the damage caused by the rockets of planes against armor is a fair enough proposition to then adjust the range of the AA so it’s not able to shoot 800 meters into the distance. I’m also glad you like and see the reasoning behind my suggestion of adding the two or even adding all four of the existing British tanks to the maps where USA is against Germany to create a better balance between the armor of those two factions.





  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Killing from or to spawn should not be possible. Not sure if was another game or another version of BF, or  just custom server, but once players got respawned for doing so.  The downside is anyone can "hide" in base. But still, better than this excessive camping.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SAP-ReApEr wrote: »
    Some of us are not pilots. The reason I use the AA now is that I am tired of playing good 'ol fashion RnG and getting killed by a plane, 5-10 times (min.) in a match even in a tank. I then stay in a spawn area AA until most planes are gone. But many times I get rocketed or bombed a few times still by those experienced pilots that know ALL locations of AA etc.  I do not think there will ever be balance here. I think there is a ton of sky the AA cannot reach on most maps. I love to get in to a map without planes. That is normally the reason i stay. Normally this is how we get revenge on the pilot previously getting me for 0-10 previous match etc as some are much better in a plane than playing as infantry.
    Just my thought :)
    ** I do agree with this "The USA needs the Valentine and Churchill added to their roster of tanks to better counter the Panzer IV and Tiger 1"

    There can be a give and take scenario that involves not only significantly reducing the range of the AA but also making it so that fighter planes with rockets can only do a maximum of 40 dmg to a medium or stronger tank making it so that in order for a plane to kill most tanks it would require a triple pass if the plane was the only thing attacking it.

    I think the majority of the frustration about planes is centered around being in a tank and getting hit by the G-6’s two rockets and taking 70 dmg as a Sherman or Valentine or worse 84 dmg as a Greyhound. On the flip side, the P51d can do an astounding 84 dmg to a Tiger 1 or Sturmtiger if all 6 M8 rockets hit.

    I do think plane bombs are fairly balanced because they’ve been nerfed pretty significantly already but a fast and hard to shoot down fighter with rockets doing 70+ dmg to armor in one pass basically makes the tank so weak that anything including just one assault player can destroy it easily assuming the tanker has no dedicated repair guy riding along with him.

    I can understand why this would be ridiculously frustrating for tankers and I feel as though it’s just as OP as the range of the AA. I am not a player who literally only flies planes. I also enjoy tanking and playing as infantry so I can empathize with all players. The sweatiest pilots with 50+ days of game time in the air aren’t evening playing the game right now because of how upset they are about the AA and fliegerfaust being able to end their kill streak. There’s nothing wrong with a pilot being shot down as long it requires some skill to do and isn’t happening 800 meters away from an AA.

    But as I said before the larger, slower, and less maneuverable planes are virtually useless right now because they are so easy to shoot down; they simply can’t evade the AA. They can’t even make it far enough into the map to be of use to their team without losing half of their health or more because of the range of the AA.

    I hope my suggestion of reducing the damage caused by the rockets of planes against armor is a fair enough proposition to then adjust the range of the AA so it’s not able to shoot 800 meters into the distance. I’m also glad you like and see the reasoning behind my suggestion of adding the two or even adding all four of the existing British tanks to the maps where USA is against Germany to create a better balance between the armor of those two factions.






    I get it. It could work. Just remember when this happens to your team it happens to the other side too. I still see some high kill to almost no deaths still.  Maybe have the plane spawn timer increased too. It is great when I AA the same person 3 times. To me I think you need to play/do other things and mix it up. Of course this is all opinion. If my AA gets blown up, and there are not too many planes, i will leave and "PTFO".  But if we are getting destroyed mainly by planes with almost no deaths, I will stay in AA and run support to repair it. Speaking of spawn killing, some maps, at least Narvik I remember, I had a sniper picking me off after I spawn. Also on the country looking map. Sorry forgot the name LOL. It happens and normally not too many times before getting the drop on them.




  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Killing from or to spawn should not be possible. Not sure if was another game or another version of BF, or  just custom server, but once players got respawned for doing so.  The downside is anyone can "hide" in base. But still, better than this excessive camping.

    Sorry the spawn comment should have went here :)
  • xKusagamix
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is just a consequence of choosing the Cool aspect instead of a pratical way to balance the game.

    To hell with the asymmetrical vehicle, they can just make plane types for each faction with the same stat/gun/bomb/rocket... It'll prevent one being super than the other. And then make them being a great and fearful force of what it's designed for instead of the history accurate crap. A Fighter plane should be excel at destroying other planes and less being problem for the infantry instead of giving them rocket and bomb that're way too good at killing infantry or harassing vehicles, that's the job for Bomber/Attack plane.

    At this point they can't strike a balance between ground and air anymore so they'll just nerf/buff something and leaving other thing suffer because their core gameplay mechanic is broken at launch. People are now abusing rocket on planes to kill infantry and vehilce from far away is because the over buffed SAA/MAA range, not because of the Fliegerfaust, and that created a boring gameplay.

    Aside from the Heavy Bomber (which is not that hard to deal with), BF1 was much better at balance between ground and air. If i choose to get on a Fighter plane to try keeping the sky clear, my impact on infantry and vehicle will be miniscule.
  • Hawxxeye
    7555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Hawxxeye said:
    I was using a spotting campera plane for the spotting assingment on Arras and there was that pancake who kept camping on the SAA on the other side of the map no matter what I did.
    .
    First I flew low and came from behind him and killed him. He came back
    Then I tried to do that again but my random cupcake squadmate spawned on the rear gun and started randomly shooting making lots of noise and tracers so the SAA camper got me that time.
    With no planes left I took the Krag rifle and sniped him from the SAA a couple of times.
    Now he spend the rest of the round either sitting on the AA or proning on a truck deep in the spawn trying to snipe me back...
    .
    I hate not being able to get in the enemy spawn zones when some people never leave that place
    Understood, but I think you are also responding with the frustration aspect, which happens to all of us. But in the grand scheme of things, could you have kept playing elsewhere, as infantry etc and won the match?
    I know many times  esp on Fjell I just stay back in teh AA because we are being whooped and it seems like nothing else to do. So I try to keep the planes at bay, at least so they have trouble using our refill station etc.
    Because while I am normally an objective focused player...Righteous revenge on campers/abusers takes precedence over everything.
    The teams were awfully stacked against us with multiple clan squads on the other side anyway
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I was using a spotting campera plane for the spotting assingment on Arras and there was that pancake who kept camping on the SAA on the other side of the map no matter what I did.
    .
    First I flew low and came from behind him and killed him. He came back
    Then I tried to do that again but my random cupcake squadmate spawned on the rear gun and started randomly shooting making lots of noise and tracers so the SAA camper got me that time.
    With no planes left I took the Krag rifle and sniped him from the SAA a couple of times.
    Now he spend the rest of the round either sitting on the AA or proning on a truck deep in the spawn trying to snipe me back...
    .
    I hate not being able to get in the enemy spawn zones when some people never leave that place
    Understood, but I think you are also responding with the frustration aspect, which happens to all of us. But in the grand scheme of things, could you have kept playing elsewhere, as infantry etc and won the match?
    I know many times  esp on Fjell I just stay back in teh AA because we are being whooped and it seems like nothing else to do. So I try to keep the planes at bay, at least so they have trouble using our refill station etc.
    Because while I am normally an objective focused player...Righteous revenge on campers/abusers takes precedence over everything.
    The teams were awfully stacked against us with multiple clan squads on the other side anyway
    Been there
  • Celsi_GER
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played SAA and AA tanks excessively in my last games and want to say the following:
    - Yes, they have quite a long range now. But the planes are not as helpless against this as some people claim to be: planes can fly low, take cover behind rows of trees, buildings, hills. Some maps seem explicitly designed for that (Hamada, Panzersturm...)
    In longer range, the AA bullet has to travel some time. The planes can avoid most hits with even the simplest avasive/random manoeuvres. And then repair station is near.
    - German (?) AA tank (the one which need 100 hits for 100% damage) is terribly weak. Every undamaged/slightly damaged plane will always escape this joke tank. The other factions' AA tanks are much more effective.
    - One-hit-kills: I managed to do 3 OHKs by now, because I started to play Pacific maps again (avoiding them before). Is this a coincidence or are OHKs more likely on Pacific maps?
    Anyway, in all 3 cases the planes were flying very low, very straight, very incautious.
    I am beginning to change my mind again, all these 3 planes were so careless that they well deserved the OHK.
  • Hawxxeye
    7555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Celsi_GER said:
    Played SAA and AA tanks excessively in my last games and want to say the following:
    - Yes, they have quite a long range now. But the planes are not as helpless against this as some people claim to be: planes can fly low, take cover behind rows of trees, buildings, hills. Some maps seem explicitly designed for that (Hamada, Panzersturm...)
    In longer range, the AA bullet has to travel some time. The planes can avoid most hits with even the simplest avasive/random manoeuvres. And then repair station is near.
    - German (?) AA tank (the one which need 100 hits for 100% damage) is terribly weak. Every undamaged/slightly damaged plane will always escape this joke tank. The other factions' AA tanks are much more effective.
    - One-hit-kills: I managed to do 3 OHKs by now, because I started to play Pacific maps again (avoiding them before). Is this a coincidence or are OHKs more likely on Pacific maps?
    Anyway, in all 3 cases the planes were flying very low, very straight, very incautious.
    I am beginning to change my mind again, all these 3 planes were so careless that they well deserved the OHK.
    There is still the constant irritation factor as also them being able to set up easier kills for their planes  over halfway across the map.
    Many of those AA sitters are not even trying to setup ambushes to kill a plane (like I do when I use AA) but they seem to spam shots endlessly at max range, trying to constantly send the plane back for repairs.
    .
    Speaking or irritation, I think that scene from this animation describes how I feel when my vehicles get constantly poked. https://youtu.be/F_WxYUs3UA4?t=208



Sign In or Register to comment.