A20 Stealth Aircraft

chinook240
117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone else have problems seeing the A20 at a distance of more than 500m or so? The rendered model only pops up at close range and disappears at a similar range as it flies away. If the player is spotted the tag remains but the model disappears. This doesn’t happen with any other aircraft model, only the new A20 introduce in the final patch.

Comments

• DerDoktorMabuse
    315 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Witnessed the same thing...
  • spychodelics
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stealth Perk! 
  • Noodlesocks
    3613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of vehicles have a short draw distance since the last big update.
  • chinook240
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 7
    Noodlesocks,
    Just seen Dutchfightert video of the A20 popping up, what other vehicles have you seen with this short distance problem?

• SirBobdk
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noodlesocks,
    Just seen your video of the A20 popping up, what other vehicles have you seen with this short distance problem?
    All US tanks on Panzerstorm
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing more than a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to the removal of the black squares that you used to get from time to time. The removal of those has worked but since then I've noticed more instances of things(general scenery, fortifications etc) popping in and out at range when looking in out of scopes.
  • Hawxxeye
    7587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing more than a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to the removal of the black squares that you used to get from time to time. The removal of those has worked but since then I've noticed more instances of things(general scenery, fortifications etc) popping in and out at range when looking in out of scopes.

With low mesh quality I have seen soldiers behind crates in the distance that were under cover when I ADSed.
  • chinook240
    My guess is that the A20 model has 2 renders, one hi res for close range and one low res for distance, this what is used for our military simulator visuals. Perhaps the low res is missing?
  • DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Noodlesocks,
    Just seen Dutchfightert video of the A20 popping up, what other vehicles have you seen with this short distance problem?

It's al the time with this one, but he, the die anyway, hehehehe.

• ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Encountered that issue on twisted steel when was trying to be be the dedicated AA in MAA,  but kept getting hit out of absolute no where, could neither see or a hear the thing until after it it hit me. Not enough to kill me but rinse and repeat about half a dozen times til we took the sector
  • chinook240
    DICE, will you be fixing this annoying bug? 
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    315 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I took them 3 month to fix the dumbfire bug... and when BF6 arrives and DICE asks me gently to open my wallet i will answer: "coming soon"
  • MrCamp121
    1100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    I took them 3 month to fix the dumbfire bug... and when BF6 arrives and DICE asks me gently to open my wallet i will answer: "coming soon"

Surprised itd be " coming soon" and not "we lack the funds"
  • talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 30
    chinook240 wrote: »
    My guess is that the A20 model has 2 renders, one hi res for close range and one low res for distance, this what is used for our military simulator visuals. Perhaps the low res is missing?

If the low res was missing, the game would crash everytime when tries to render low res model.
    Post edited by talhaONE on
  • chinook240
    Can’t comment on PC games, but it’s what happens in our high end mil sims DMS.
  • xKusagamix
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there's some serious problem with the drawing distance for the A20, sometime the only thing you can see is the rocket.