M1907 SL : sweeper, factory, or trench?

brosandwitch23
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
personally, the m1907 sl trench is my go to slr right now and it shreds. i also like the factory too, its the variant with the lowest recoil and its guaranteed that your shots will land on target. and the sweeper, ugh dont get me started on that one lmao.. but hey let me know which one is you're favorite 

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I actually like the Sweeper, and use it more than the Federov. I've used the factory a bit, and trench very little. Like most guns it comes down to your play style and how accurate you are with them.
  • the_yakuza17
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I primarily use the Sweeper as it was the first medic gun I became successful using way back when I first started playing. I honestly don't know the differences between the three variants. Can someone explain?
  • MarxistDictator
    5234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the factory the most, I’ll use the trench whenever I’m in a lobby full of gas spam though.
    I primarily use the Sweeper as it was the first medic gun I became successful using way back when I first started playing. I honestly don't know the differences between the three variants. Can someone explain?

Sweeper is a Storm variant but with full auto (so less recoil than normal)

The Factory has no hip fire spread or recoil reductions but has double the recoil and spread recovery rate, so it is the best for pure ADS consistency.

The trench has less hip fire spread but none of the other benefits.
  • brosandwitch23
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the trench overall for me is the best variant. you can actually win alot on gunfights with the hipfire with this and it helps. i avoid using the sweeper cuz i think its a noobish gun imo. 
  • TheGM86
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Factory. Trench is ok. Haven't used the Sweeper in a long time. other two are better.
  • ElliotLH
    9448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It'd be the Sweeper for me.
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ElliotLH said:
    It'd be the Sweeper for me.

Same here.

Whatever hipfire, fire rate or accuracy advantages the Trench and Factory versions have, my old fingers can’t handle the semi-autos in fps games anymore, so I’ll take the Sweeper. With only 10 rounds I can just manage the Mondragon, but no large magazine, CQC semi-autos for me, thanks :-)
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Same here.

Whatever hipfire, fire rate or accuracy advantages the Trench and Factory versions have, my old fingers can’t handle the semi-autos in fps games anymore, so I’ll take the Sweeper. With only 10 rounds I can just manage the Mondragon, but no large magazine, CQC semi-autos for me, thanks :-)

I'm in the same boat, plus being on console I'm not laser accurate. And if I'm running & gunning with assaults and supports I want as much firepower as I can get on target. I know ppl call it a noob gun, but I enjoy using it even more than the Federov.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People love to hate on the Sweeper, but ease of use cannot be denied. The full auto and lower recoil are great for a beginner and real cheesy for veterans.

Sure the hipfire on the trench and overall accuracy on the factory are better in more skilled hands, but sometimes you want the path of least resistance
  • TheGM86
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but sometimes you want the path of least resistance
    Sometimes you just want to be a sponge and not think about what you are doing, that is fine. just don't be proud of it.
  • MarxistDictator
    5234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the Federov is bad too, full auto at the price of everything else
  • ashar_saleem121
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Sometimes you just want to be a sponge and not think about what you are doing, that is fine. just don't be proud of it.

I have nothing to be ashamed of good sir. I have 100 stars with the 8.35 Marksman. I have paid my dues and deserve to be able to use the cheapest guns with no remorse
  • TheGM86
    (Quote)

I have paid my dues and deserve to be able to use the cheapest guns with no remorse
    You think The Sweeper is one of the cheapest guns? that is adorable.

• MarxistDictator
    easy to use doesn’t mean good, or else guns like the Lewis would be considered the best in class. and 5 clicks a second (the max speed the 1907 can fire at) is far from unachievable or hard.
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)
    You think The Sweeper is one of the cheapest guns? that is adorable.

By cheapest I mean easiest to use. It's almost the Hellriegel of the medic class. Maybe the Federov edges it out.

Low recoil, higher mag size, quick reload but extremely inaccurate. Sounds like an easy gun to me
  • ashar_saleem121
    easy to use doesn’t mean good, or else guns like the Lewis would be considered the best in class. and 5 clicks a second (the max speed the 1907 can fire at) is far from unachievable or hard.

For a newer player, ease of use is important.

For me personally, I will always have a soft spot for this gun. It was the gun that when I started using, the game instantly clicked for me. I attribute most of my early time playing and having fun with this gun.

I don't use it anymore obviously because as I've progressed I've moved on to different things.
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the Federov is bad too, full auto at the price of everything else

Bad? You mean it's a bad gun or a noobish gun?
    Cause the first one is for sure not the case, at all.
    Second one can be discussed....
  • the_yakuza17
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

For a newer player, ease of use is important.

For me personally, I will always have a soft spot for this gun. It was the gun that when I started using, the game instantly clicked for me. I attribute most of my early time playing and having fun with this gun.

I don't use it anymore obviously because as I've progressed I've moved on to different things.
    Could not agree more! When I first began playing BF1, I was getting absolutely slaughtered EVERY round I played. I'm an older player and don't have the lightning fast, twitchy reflexes or a gaming brain that was brought up on FPS from early childhood that makes shooters instinctual for many of the younger players. The M1907 Sweeper was the first gun that "clicked" and allowed me to at least be competent enough to support my team healing and reviving without dying every two seconds. I honestly feel this gun prevented me from rage quitting BF1 permanently in the early stages of playing the game.  
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)
    Could not agree more! When I first began playing BF1, I was getting absolutely slaughtered EVERY round I played. I'm an older player and don't have the lightning fast, twitchy reflexes or a gaming brain that was brought up on FPS from early childhood that makes shooters instinctual for many of the younger players. The M1907 Sweeper was the first gun that "clicked" and allowed me to at least be competent enough to support my team healing and reviving without dying every two seconds. I honestly feel this gun prevented me from rage quitting BF1 permanently in the early stages of playing the game.  

Im sure that was the same experience for a lot of players. Some people moved away from it after they learned the game to an extent while others stayed with it because it felt comfortable.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The sweeper is the only one I seem to be on the end of.

Lewis Gun Suppressive was the first I felt comfortable with.