M1907 SL : sweeper, factory, or trench?

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    what weapon you usually use?

I usually rock the Farquhar Hill Storm, Howell Automatic Sniper and the Federov Avtomat Trench/Optical.

I’ll use the RSC 1917 as well occasionally if I’m feeling bold.
  • MarxistDictator
    5234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would rather take it on that then ‘these guns can’t be effective inside very close range because of spread’ which is honestly twice as stupid and out of touch with reality/the game mechanics. As well as holding unrelated grudges.
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would rather take it on that then ‘these guns can’t be effective inside very close range because of spread’ which is honestly twice as stupid and out of touch with reality/the game mechanics. As well as holding unrelated grudges.

Which is a statement I never made :joy:
    I'm not holding a grudge against you but if you try to argue by authority here, i will bring it up...
  • TheGM86
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Implying I'm talking to you.

Yet another misunderstanding of what a forum is. If you want to pm someone go ahead. If you post in a public forum you shouldn't be surprised if people respond, especially when you mention them by name lmao.

What are you, the mayor of forumtown? Don't have conversations in public, stop talking ill of my bad gun or I'll cite city ordnance 142 subsection 6 paragraph G.
  • MarxistDictator
    5234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ‘You can’t go by theoretical DPS because of spread and recoil’

‘But those are irrelevant in closer distances which is the topic of discussion’

‘I never said that’

Shifting goalposts ladies and gentlemen
  • TheGM86
    896 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You need to add in more emojis, the hallmark of the true intellectual.
  • The_BERG_366
    2766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    What are you, the mayor of forumtown? Don't have conversations in public, stop talking ill of my bad gun or I'll cite city ordnance 142 subsection 6 paragraph G.

Haha not at all. I'm not trying to hold you back from saying anything, but don't expect me to not respond just because you apparently are "not talking to me". Especially if you mention me by name and try to make fun of me.
    If anything you act like the major when you try to imply that I shouldn't even be responding to you...
  • The_BERG_366
    ‘You can’t go by theoretical DPS because of spread and recoil’

‘But those are irrelevant in closer distances which is the topic of discussion’

‘I never said that’

Shifting goalposts ladies and gentlemen
    wtf are you even saying? 
    i said that theoretical dps alone doesnt determine the general effectiveness of a gun and spread and recoil are in deed two reasons for that. The topic of this discussion is not just "very close quarters". we specifically talked about cqb performance, ranged performanace and even performance at very specific ranges like 20-30 meters. And now you just decide that everything i said concerns cqb? are you serious?
    i even literally said that i don't believe that the fedorov is straight up better than the m1907 in cqb. What i DID say is that i think that the fedorov is more RELIABLE than the m1907 in cqb. 

you said the following:
    "Especially when you consider that same full auto damage output is behind the rest of the autos even after they experience damage fall off but the Federov hasn’t. Inside that range it’s even worse and my desire to use other guns is even stronger. "
    on which i replied this:
    "as i said, that is not the case for in game scenarios. Theoretical ttk is useless without considering spread and recoil as well. The 1907 simply isn't as accurate and hence can't take advantage of its slightly faster theoreitcal ttk."

i would assume this is what you are referring to.
    you talk about the ranges AFTER other full autos start to drop off in damage. Which can mean literally any range BUT extreme close quarters. also there is a slight advantage in theoretical ttk of the m1907 over the fedorov between 30 and 55 meters (while their theoretical ttk, as in the graphs on sym) are identical up to 30 meters, which is what im referring to in the second part here. 

if you meant something else then go ahead and quote it instead of just stating a random out of context paraphrasing of what i supposedly said. 
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Running out of popcorn...
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 15
    Theoretical ttk is useless without considering spread and recoil as well. The 1907 simply isn't as accurate and hence can't take advantage of its slightly faster theoreitcal ttk.

Here it is without me paraphrasing since you apparently forgot when you argued this nonsense that is completely false. Will you defend it or try to mush your own words around again and what you actually meant? The next block no one will bother reading will decide. This is literally you overstating the effect of spread and recoil in a range where they still aren’t giving you anywhere near enough effect to actually miss targets that are still larger than the max spread if we want to pretend we’re going to hit that before making 1 kill even.

Spread and recoil are apparently a huge factor in close range according to you, since at no point was I arguing that the 1907 was better than the Federov at anything but the CQB niche they both share. Which makes it 100% better since neither gun has much business outside their max damage range. Especially the Federov which drops off even more than the 1909 LMG (what is actually a slow and consistent medium range gun and has 250 m/s faster bullets that are less affected by drag and gravity).
  • The_BERG_366
    Theoretical ttk is useless without considering spread and recoil as well. The 1907 simply isn't as accurate and hence can't take advantage of its slightly faster theoreitcal ttk.

Here it is without me paraphrasing since you apparently forgot when you argued this nonsense that is completely false. Will you defend it or try to mush your own words around again and what you actually meant? The next block no one will bother reading will decide. This is literally you overstating the effect of spread and recoil in a range where they still aren’t giving you anywhere near enough effect to actually miss targets that are still larger than the max spread if we want to pretend we’re going to hit that before making 1 kill even.

Spread and recoil are apparently a huge factor in close range according to you, since at no point was I arguing that the 1907 was better than the Federov at anything but the CQB niche they both share. Which makes it 100% better since neither gun has much business outside their max damage range. Especially the Federov which drops off even more than the 1909 LMG (what is actually a slow and consistent medium range gun and has 250 m/s faster bullets that are less affected by drag and gravity).

You cant make this up :joy:
    That's the exact quote I mentioned in my comment and you just go ahead and straight up ignore everything I said about it and ask me if I'm gonna defend it. I already did lmao.
    Anyways either you don't even read what I write or you're straight up trolling at this point. Either way, there's no point in continuing like this and people run out of popcorn anyways :joy:

Just one more thing I want to mention. At the point of the discussion at which I wrote what you quoted, neither you or me had mentioned ANYTHING about cqb performance specifically whatsoever. You instead were talking about the 1907 having extended max damage range and how it eclipses the fedorov in damage output (which is true between 30 and 55 meters). But of course when I reply to that then Im talking about "very close range" because that's what YOU have in mind.
    Now go ahead and claim some more nonsensical paraphrasings to be my statements.
    Byebye
  • TheGM86
    The Emojis are back. you know he means business this time.
  • MarxistDictator
    Literally ran face first into it too, some wiggle and squirm and he’s satisfied with himself. Too bad we don’t have a time machine. Whatever, keep playing your battlefield where headshots don’t matter and only the Federov is viable then. It’s the same dreamworld where you can re qualify what you said after the fact because you realized it was stupid and mostly out of touch with the game. Your choice.
  • brosandwitch23
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    what weapon you usually use?

I usually rock the Farquhar Hill Storm, Howell Automatic Sniper and the Federov Avtomat Trench/Optical.

I’ll use the RSC 1917 as well occasionally if I’m feeling bold.
    i think the howell is way better. cuz it has a bipod and its a factory variant
  • MarxistDictator
    The Optical Farquhar is pretty good, decent strafe accuracy for a long rifle style SLR and the same hit rate as the Howell Factory. Plus it sounds so good.
  • TheGM86
    I want to like the Farquhar storm, I really do, I mean just look at it. But I swear it tosses rounds all over the place. I'm sure somebody who knows the numbers can say whats is up with it, but I've gotten kills on the guy standing next to the guy I'm shooting at before. Despite my hate of optical sights(petty personal reasons I know) I use the optical variant and do well.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 18
    (Quote)

Honestly I’d choose the Factory variant of the Howell over the Sniper if the stock iron sights on the Factory version weren’t so damn distracting.

The AA sights are a little bit better but I’ll take the sniper scope and the zoom instead.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Honestly I’d choose the Factory variant of the Howell over the Sniper if the stock iron sights on the Factory version weren’t so damn distracting.

The AA sights are a little bit better but I’ll take the sniper scope and the zoom instead.

Sniper Howell is borderline a cheat code. It's so good that it feels dirty. 21 rounds and a bipod? Filth.

• WetFishDB
    2326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On the topic of the Fedorov... I’m also of the opinion the Fedorov (Opt. and Deg.) are better than the 1907 too - but only just.

Probably more so on Console where hit detection isn’t always the best when you are sitting on a Conquest server with a bunch of >90 pingers. That’s when fire rate makes more of a difference as one missed bullet makes much less difference to the overall TTK. Similar situation when up against someone who has better movement than the usual stationary noobs, or when being actively shot at and suppressed etc. It also suits my play style, which is pretty aggressive. If I was slightly more passive then then it might be even closer/different - although I doubt it. I also don’t like the sites on the 1907 particularly.

I find the Fedorov Optical specifically the best all-round gun for Conquest. Sure it can be beaten by others at different ranges, but is so close to being effective at all ranges that it’s hard to find anything that’s quite as versatile. Its good up close and tap fire it’s actually really good at distance too. It’s no surprise it’s my highest KPM weapon.

For the record I have 100 service stars with all Fedorovs and 100 service stars with two of the 1907 with the third actively being worked on and currently around 80 service stars. I only mention it as it should indicate that I have pretty reasonable experience with using them all.

It’s not like it’s night and day, both are really good guns.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited July 22
    Like you outlined it comes down to ease of use which doesn’t equal better. Try to kill a 1907 user that just domed you once with a Federov, you lose every time. It’s sort of like the Autoloading Marksman only it doesn’t have the same skill floor at all. The Autoloading 8 wins every 1v1 until player error occurs. Similarly with two highly skilled players the Federov player gets wiped by the 1907 and when headshots are thrown into the mix it gets bodied even harder. Especially when it’s only CQB where this discussion is relevant where it’s literally just raw damage output that matters.