No vehicles laying around.

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2016
So that battlefield "hop into a vehicle you see on the battlefield mechanic" has been lost. Now they only spawn if you want it to.

-No switching vehicles
- No hoping into planes and taking off
*all maps will probably not allow taking off if this is always the case

What do you think about this?
How could they fix this?

Comments

• B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Whats so bad about it. Transports will still be lying around but now tanks are reserved for people who will actually stick with them.
  • bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How could they fix this?

Fix what exactly?
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How could they fix this?

Fix what exactly?

Breaks the immersion and running around vehicles looking for a vehicle hopping in and going is part of the battlefield and I feel it should not be changed. Or if they want dedicated drivers you could do a 50/50 split. Or just a small amount of vehicles in spawn, others reserved. My main problem is planes spawning mid air.
    Whats so bad about it. Transports will still be lying around but now tanks are reserved for people who will actually stick with them.

• thecameltotem
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah only bad thing with this BF title. Everything else seems good, but weird how this is not a bigger issue.

I mean everyone hated it in Battlefront.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To be honest a big strategy of mine in BF4 is to cap an enemy flag close to their spawn and steal one of their tanks, but I'm loving the tank class so much I don't even care that this won't work anymore.
  • BadumBattlefield
    Yeah only bad thing with this BF title. Everything else seems good, but weird how this is not a bigger issue.

I mean everyone hated it in Battlefront.
    Unfortunately it's not a big issue because everyone responds with "less vehicle stealing".

But in my opinion and what I think is yours also, it's about the immersion and the overall feel rather than stealing or allowing for people to not use it as just transportation.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It forces people to use the dedicated classes, good thing imo.

Regarding planes, I don't get why so many are upset with planes spawning mid air. I don't remember people complaining about it in BF4.
  • DingoKillr
    4117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So that battlefield "hop into a vehicle you see on the battlefield mechanic" has been lost. Now they only spawn if you want it to.

-No switching vehicles
    - No hoping into planes and taking off
    *all maps will probably not allow taking off if this is always the case

What do you think about this?
    How could they fix this?

You can still hop into a abandon vehicle
    You can even switch Vehicles
    If a plane is on the ground you could still take-off maybe. If you can find a clear area to do so.

None of that has changed from BF4.

What has
    - Unless you are a Tanker, Pilot or Medic you will not be able to repairing the vehicle.
    - You can't steal vehicle from a spawn point as they only spawn when select them.

• Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This worries me as well.

One of the reasons that Wake Island was my favourite map in BF3 is that I was able to play as infantry and use MBTs, Jets, MAA, Attack Helicopters, etc., during just one life, as they all spawned on various flags on that island.

In BF1, what if you're capturing an enemy flag and before you get it neutralized, the enemy spawns in a vehicle there? At least in previous games you could either destroy that empty vehicle in that flag or jump into it yourself while capturing. Now, the enemy vehicle will just appear there out of nowhere and you're at serious disadvantage..?

• UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I think it's a fine decision really. Especially if we're talking immersion. Vehicles like armored cars (and probably motorcycles and horses) will most likely still be spawned in on the map itself. It's just the more finite things like the big tanks or bombers and fighters that will now be reserved for people wanting to use them instead of just grabbing one to drive to point A and then abandon it.

If people want tank support, someones going to have to go get a tank. Same for a plane. And I think that's a good idea.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like this for the deployments, but not for the conquest points.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »

Now the team that cares to cap the flag gets the tank spawning on it.
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »

But the guy who captures the flag can't use it... Not even if he has the mechanic/driver kit and has just lost his first vehicle on a battle (or it has got stuck).
  • Ameeba37
    Peccath wrote: »

But the guy who captures the flag can't use it... Not even if he has the mechanic/driver kit and has just lost his first vehicle on a battle (or it has got stuck).
    Good point.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Peccath wrote: »

Good point.

Indeed. I love capturing conquest points and then using the vehicle that spawns, I saw it as a reward for capturing the flag. The good thing is DICE can always change this if the feedback is there.
  • Ameeba37
    At least you know the vehicle will be for your team when you cap the flag.

I still prefer the BF1 way tho.
  • BadumBattlefield
    At least you know the vehicle will be for your team when you cap the flag.

I still prefer the BF1 way tho.

Imo the whole point of the vehicle is a reward and a way to get to the next objective.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    I like base full of vehicles 2 and how things were in past bf games but remember conquest damavand and all those "top tank drivers" from top tank platoons having tank everytime and if u wait for tank some of they friends run you over with jeep so they can have tank everytime and tank peace with another "top tank driver" from same platoon on enemy team and farm kills in damavand tunnel not pushing forward, this way they avoided that type of stat padding.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Regarding planes, I don't get why so many are upset with planes spawning mid air. I don't remember people complaining about it in BF4.

+1
  • bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keif68 wrote: »

+1

I can't understand the stir this has caused. I really don't get why people care.