DICE, It's Time to Change Server Options

CHAMMOND1992
1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited July 13
Bring back conquest servers that have all the maps in rotation. I don't understand why it made sense for every conquest server to be either "tactical" or "strategic". There are maps I enjoy and avoid in both. The regular conquest rotation did a good job on ordering maps in a way in which the least popular maps were right next to each other.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan either for the same reason.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The regular conquest rotation also did the job of separating smaller and bigger maps and allowed for people that enjoyed both to just ride the server without having to switch in order to enjoy both
  • Noodlesocks
    3607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like them. I can avoid almost all the maps I don't like. Closest thing this game has to 'large map' servers. Just wish they'd swap Arras and Mercury with Aerodrome and Solomon Islands.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3864 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE likes to remove as much fun out of Battlefield as possible. It's why they removed Pacific War servers. Way to much fun and it made you forget Vanilla Battlefield 5 which is trash.

If it was up to DICE we would be playing Fjell 24/7
  • Hawxxeye
    7564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of tactic and strategic CQ, it should had been CQ with only (or almost only) infantry (Marita, underground, devastation etc) and  CQ with significant combined arms presence
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Of all the things in this game that could ruin your enjoyment this has come closest for me.
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally enjoy it. Needs some tweaks though.

The Strategic playlist should have these maps in this order:
    - Pacific Storm
    - Wake Island
    - Iwo Jima
    - Twisted Steel
    - Panzerstorm
    - Al Sundan
    - Hamada
    - Arras
    - Narvik
    - Mercury

The Pacific maps (minus Soloman) and US vs GR maps are together, followed by GB vs GR combined arms maps. All have infantry, tanks, and planes going head to head like you would expect in a Battlefield game.

The Tactical playlist should have these maps in this order:
    - Rotterdam
    - Devastation
    - Operation Underground
    - Marita
    - Al Marj Encampment
    - Provence
    - Soloman Islands
    - Aerodrome
    - Fjell 652

Starts off with urban maps, from Rotterdam to Provence. Ends with least popular maps Aerodrome and Fjell. Again, American maps and British maps are together. Also Provence through Devastation all have vehicles and are together. The infantry only maps (not counting transports) from Operation Underground to Al Marj are together. I think this would work out far better than the current Tactical CQ.

It isn't a perfect solution what I have here, but I think it better accomplishes the goal that DICE had intended when they split CQ into two. And yeah, no more Pacific maps all together, but I personally think it's better that way. Should DICE bring back Pacific only? Sure. Or have a playlist combining all the American maps together, that way Pacific only players and US vs GR only players are satisfied without having to create two additional playlists, which just further splits the players.
  • emerson1975
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all honesty maybe it’s time to change game!
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back votemap.
  • fragnstein
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, bring back the entire rotation. Would like to play all the maps instead of half the maps
  • mesterKG
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    I agree, bring back the entire rotation. Would like to play all the maps instead of half the maps

Here's an idea.. First play the strategic playlist, then quit back to server browser and try the tactical playlist.

Put another way, I don't really see the issue here.

There's always a small crowd not liking Any given playlist.

The solution comes with community games. Hope it comes in August when vacation time is over.