Bf4 and Bf3 hit detection problems

JuddV10
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey

I need a full mag to drop somone if I'm lucky. most of the times I'm lucky to get an assist 

This dosent happen in H, 1 or V

Any ideas on the cause of the issue?

Comments

• crossedsee23
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I suggest you go one the Battlefield Reddit page for help since you wont find any here.

• JuddV10
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks. 

Thanks
  • Rroff24
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 29
    I've had this problem since forever though I also got it in the BFH beta and in Battlefront which uses the same engine, seems to affect a small number of people worse than anyone else for some reason - I made a long thread on it on the old forums and tried absolutely everything.

Since I first encountered the problem I'm on like my 5th PC, moved house twice so on totally different internet connections, etc. etc. so it is NOT some kind of normal hardware or software issue as people keep insisting - in some weird way it seems to be account related as when my brother was using one of my old PCs on the same internet connection with his own copy of the game he didn't have the problem at all and it was like night and day between playing on his and on mine but blow buying another copy of the game in the hope of solving it.

EDIT: In general though the game seems highly susceptible to how well your MTU fits your connection and framerate - higher framerates in general seem to make a huge difference to the perception of hit reg but especially when the output is "clean" without a lot of frame time variance, etc.
  • JuddV10
    edited July 29
    That really sucks. How can it be account related?

Maybe I should get a PS4?

anyways, here's how it looks 

Post edited by JuddV10 on
  • MarauderFox
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    From that video I wouldn't say you have a hit reg problem, your aim with the VAL was just terrible, the G18 and shotgun at the end had no hit issues (you also shot the enemy running by the recon and didn't control the recoil aside from the tap downwards towards the end). You were suppressed the instant you fire the xbow, you missing that shot might be a consequence of ping differences but it's to hard to tell. At 2:48 you, the enemy recon, both or the server had a connection issue which are usually so random you can't blame them for all or most of the hit reg issues you have.
    This clip doesn't show any consistent hit reg issues, player pings or player & server locations. If you fire on an enemy, see the visual effects of the bullets hit the enemy soldier and do not get a hit marker or kill then you have a lead you need to replicate but, you can also get no hitmarkers and still get an assist from those shots that didn't return a hitmarker and discerning which didn't register from those that did hit with no marker is difficult.
  • JuddV10
    edited July 29
    I clearly hit with the shotgun at the end. This happens all the time on all servers

Ping was fine and server was local.
    Post edited by JuddV10 on
  • Rroff24
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 29
    the G18
    Strangely I rarely have any issues with the G18 - though the game often acts like I'm quite a bit behind other players but I have far less problems (hence my stats) with "connecting" with it and players dying - unfortunately it is somewhat range limited - I don't really understand it as if I use weapon mods to make another weapon behave similar like the m-tar I get very different (worse) results :(