What did they do to this game?

Tip_the_Cap
416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited July 22
I came back after a month off and everything with gun play and zoom levels were different. This was probably like a couple of months ago. Now I cant seem to get my settings right, and my whole experience has just been [terrible]. I know they did something, because some of the graphics are different, and such. If anyone can tell me exactly what they did then maybe I can undo it in the settings.

Thanks.

Comments

• disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They didn't do anything. Sounds like your settings get defaulted or wiped or whatever, but nothing happened to anyone else I know of, sorry
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14300 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Tip_the_Cap
    Don't Swear please.

Thank you.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Tip_the_Cap
    Don't Swear please.

Thank you.

Sorry.
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 22
    I came back after a month off and everything with gun play and zoom levels were different. This was probably like a couple of months ago. Now I cant seem to get my settings right, and my whole experience has just been [terrible]. I know they did something, because some of the graphics are different, and such. If anyone can tell me exactly what they did then maybe I can undo it in the settings.

Thanks.

My settings have been reset a few times across 3 accounts. Here's a guide to help you out.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14300 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Tip_the_Cap
    Don't Swear please.

Thank you.

Sorry.
    All good! 

IIRC there was a time a long while back where the visuals had an apparent "downgrade" not too long after BF1 launched,  And most of the players noticed this mainly on Argonne Forest.

Now,  I did kinda notice this myself back then but now it's unnoticeable for me.

Can you clarify in what way you think the visuals aren't as good as they were?
  • Titan_Awaken
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bold of you to assume that DICE would even bother to acknowledge the game’s existence nevermind making changes to it. 😎
  • MarxistDictator
    5234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They wrecked the lighting around the time they added the night maps, apparently it is better to ruin the visuals on the majority of maps just so you could play 3 set at night (out of 28 or so conventional maps). Whenever you look out a window you get some crazy glow like you’re standing on Mercury or something.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    (Quote)
    All good! 

IIRC there was a time a long while back where the visuals had an apparent "downgrade" not too long after BF1 launched,  And most of the players noticed this mainly on Argonne Forest.

Now,  I did kinda notice this myself back then but now it's unnoticeable for me.

Can you clarify in what way you think the visuals aren't as good as they were?

Didn't say the visuals are worse, said some of the graphics look different. Like the objective icons, and the kill indicator. Could just be me, but yea, they look different.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited July 27
    Ohhh,  my bad.

I dont believe anything was changed either way.

It could be your settings had been reset to default values in the event of a ui update
  • Tip_the_Cap
    Ohhh,  my bad.

I dont believe anything was changed either way.

It could be your settings had been reset to default values in the event of a ui update

That is what it was, and it is taking awhile, but I'm figuring it out. I'll be writing them down when I am done also.

Thanks everyone.