The spitfire is a pathetic joke at this point

LINKERBLOX
99 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Every plane is better than it, the BF109 G6 has 4 HMGs, 2 which are located on the nose, the spitfire only has 2 HMGs, and 4 LMGs or 2 MMgs, no rockets by default so if there is an AA on the ground you're lost, The BF109 will win everytime

Comments

• BlackWidow88x
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even the P51D has a hard time with the 109. The armament has always felt unbalanced in this game. The only balanced planes are the pacific planes.
  • SirBobdk
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even the P51D has a hard time with the 109. The armament has always felt unbalanced in this game. The only balanced planes are the pacific planes.
    Agree. Dice have an amazing ability to create imbalance and the me109 g6 is a perfect example.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Especially the pilots who get all of their tips from Niccaman and abuse the high altitude spec for the G6, knowing that both Spitfires do not have that option. 

That mechanic is cheap, and pilots who use that are lousy and can't dogfight without a crutch.
  • spychodelics
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Especially the pilots who get all of their tips from Niccaman and abuse the high altitude spec for the G6, knowing that both Spitfires do not have that option. 

That mechanic is cheap, and pilots who use that are lousy and can't dogfight without a crutch.
    Sometimes its the only thing to escape 2 or 3 enemy fighters at the same time. I would say its depending on the situation.. can we agree on that?
  • spychodelics
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Sometimes its the only thing to escape 2 or 3 enemy fighters at the same time. I would say its depending on the situation.. can we agree on that?
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I agree on that, but there is a problem in all battlefield games except BF1 , they tend to always make a plane army better than the rest, like j20 bf2, f18 bf3, f35 bf4, and even in bfv the same problem continued, i hope in the future the consider making them equal.
  • SirBobdk
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I agree on that, but there is a problem in all battlefield games except BF1 , they tend to always make a plane army better than the rest, like j20 bf2, f18 bf3, f35 bf4, and even in bfv the same problem continued, i hope in the future the consider making them equal.
    100% agree. Amazing they didnt learn from the past. It has alway been a bad idea to make fraction planes different.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, but let's not pretend here that if I get the advantage on a 109 that has this equipped they are not going to abuse it and just save it for that situation where they were out numbered, they definitely are going to abuse it, especially if I kill them and they respawn in to get revenge. 

Just don't use it period, its pretty much a consensus among the elite pilots that are left on this game not to use it, because its a cheap move and makes you look lousy for using it. 
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 29
    (Quote)
    Yes, but let's not pretend here that if I get the advantage on a 109 that has this equipped they are not going to abuse it and just save it for that situation where they were out numbered, they definitely are going to abuse it, especially if I kill them and they respawn in to get revenge. 

Just don't use it period, its pretty much a consensus among the elite pilots that are left on this game not to use it, because its a cheap move and makes you look lousy for using it. 

I dont think the two planes are equal , u.s plane can out turn the G6 and can hard break better (p51k), the G6 can get the high alt. And nitros, so the smarter pilot can always win if he know how to use his plane, but on the british side at this point the german planes are better.
  • Magikf1ngers
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything EA is a pathetic joke right now.
  • spychodelics
    edited July 30

Sorry, in my experiance, those elite pilots you speak of are using any cheap move you can think of for their advantage. Not saying there may not be a little percentage of pilots which dont use it. But i wouldnt call them all "elite" pilots.
  • cashm0n3y08
    Sorry, in my experiance, those elite pilots you speak of are using any cheap move you can think of for their advantage. Not saying there may not be a little percentage of pilots which dont use it. But i wouldnt call them all "elite" pilots.
    Maybe for your experience, but I would refrain from calling them "elite." On Xbox, there's a handful of us "elite pilots" that refuse to use it. When private servers are set up to dogfight we don't use it, and refrain from using it in public lobbies. We're better than that. 
  • spychodelics
    When private servers are set up for dogfights... There is your explanation, 1 vs 1 in an controlled enviroment, free from FF, SAA, MAA. 

And for the public lobbies, only thing with all the threads is to survive. 

Look at Frindly-Fire-4 comment, when you call yourself an "elite" pilot, you would understand it. 
    In Public lobbies, we dont start fresh, we dont "merge" and then begin with the dogfight, most of the time an enemy pilot gets behind you the only thing that can help you is what F-F-4 wrote, high altiture, outturn, break, nitro to hopefully reset the fight. 

I know the "boom-n-zoom" kind of pilots, waiting for an sAA, mAA or an FF to shoot you and then come around and finish you off. If i can reset the fight with a perk and it makes me look lousy, then i can live with it. The  i will wait for someone to damage the airplane kind of pilot is not better. 

• Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not lousy, it's unfair.

Funny how many want to fight and kill, but when gets in dirty situation, this is the way. This is such timewaste for me at this point.
  • rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not lousy, it's unfair.

Funny how many want to fight and kill, but when gets in dirty situation, this is the way. This is such timewaste for me at this point.
    I mean it's beautiful and poetic. The plane that high is virtually no threat and still they kept on pursuing it. Instead when they saw it heading up that high they should have turned around and attacked other planes or provided ground support. Imagine how much more useful they could have been instead of chasing this one fighter far away from any infantry. But since their ego is more important than winning they can't help but fly into the obvious trap.

Dogfighters who want to set up servers for that purpose and dictate specifics DO's and DON'Ts have my full support. I find a lot of value in seeing two players in totally equal planes fight it out to determine who has the skill and stamina to win. But dogfighting "rules" don't belong in conquest - Conquest, Rush, Operations et al. are the land of tactics where players can use game knowledge, teamwork and trickery to overcome a deficit in raw skill.

To the larger issue of balance, if the Spitfire doesn't get the enhanced flight ceiling upgrade (which given that historically it was the superior high altitude plane seems odd that it lacks it)  then:

The Spitfire should get other benefits that when combined should make it equal in value to other planes (just not in the same way)

OR

The British should get better bombers or attack planes such that the opposing air forces are roughly equal when looked at in totality. 

Personally I prefer the former method as with the latter you get people effectively stuck in inferior aircraft since chances are the somebody is going to need to fly the lesser craft at some point.

I think balancing was made unnecessarily harder due to the inclusion of 2 variants for each craft. I feel like they just should have either  had two variants with the upgrades already chosen and locked into place OR they could have made just one plane and then have the upgrades you choose determine what variant it becomes so if you choose LLLL or similar it becomes variant A while RRRR becomes variant B.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You mean when i was chasing him there? Sure, only that i lack nitrous and g6 has all, basically i would only suicide at that point. Tried that already :D Well, there are other planes too and i am stopping him for ground attacks, somehow it needs to be done, right? Dogfight gives more intense. I'd imagine if we had 0 dogfights, i think planes would have been nerfed even more than now and maybe AA had even bigger buff. There are other type of planes that are more helpful for ground.