Can anyone explain server distribution?

A_al_K_pacino_A
1065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Basically I'm playing in the UK and there are 4 EU CQ servers with my filters set, all fine. But there are 10 US E servers chock full of OOR players, EU going by ping. Surely at the time of writing there should be far more EU servers.

Comments

• Forkbeard84
    1847 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And no US West servers nowadays. Maybe those high pingers you see in US East are from US West. I get 40 ping on US West and 100 ping on US East.

I think there are plenty of Us West players. How come no US West servers these days.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Entirely possible they are US west players it's just when I was playing, 1100-1200 GMT, made me assume EU.
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    And no US West servers nowadays. Maybe those high pingers you see in US East are from US West. I get 40 ping on US West and 100 ping on US East.

I think there are plenty of Us West players. How come no US West servers these days.

I rarely see any these days. I'm on the East coast(like far East,lol) and I used to get 40 East, 80 West and 100 EU and SA 110. But now it's 48, 100+, 120, 150. I've stopped playing SA servers and even quit EU because I feel I'm making it worse for everyone else. Definitely server degradation over time I'd say!
  • -Antares65z
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There are the Salty Noobs Base Maps West server and Fragshack that have traffic every day. Base maps gets going in the afternoon and Fragshack in the evenings.