Chinese players joining EU servers with 170 latency

2»

Comments

• GVlXxf
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 5
    i just think DICE have done something, that show the ping in term of their true IP, so that why u can find many players who ping isn't like what the server ping should be. it's a good start to anti cheating, as we know which these guys come from, VPN players from Asia, so u know which county i means

however isolated cheaters and suspected into seperated server is a good starting move on this case just like COD warzone do. but this new act i should said, DICE is doing well to the game. now the game is more playable than before at least, they can't hide they come the county and cheating
  • GVlXxf
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they paid for the game as you did and they don't have servers in their region .
    there was Asia , pacific region, but the china ban BFV in their county, they have to use VPN to play any games that china didn't allowed.  whatever, china is a place where notorious of cheating player on any game, they like to use cheat engine to play any MP game, whatever game it is, they just like to use it, as it is a locked county 
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    (Quote)
    there was Asia , pacific region, but the china ban BFV in their county, they have to use VPN to play any games that china didn't allowed.  whatever, china is a place where notorious of cheating player on any game, they like to use cheat engine to play any MP game, whatever game it is, they just like to use it, as it is a locked county 

The lack of servers in world regions force players to play the nearest servers, other issues can surface in any region if the game is not secured enough.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe its better to report hackers to the communist party in china than sending reports about cheating to DICE...
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe its better to report hackers to the communist party in china than sending reports about cheating to DICE...

Indeed
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Implying China doesn't allow their people to use any sort of tools to defeat capitalism once and for all. 
  • CloneTrooperCT
    409 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 6
    Those players with 150 ping or more are not from China. I live in the Netherlands, i always play in Europe. That give me a 20-40 ping. I check my ping on an Singapore server and that was 250. And japan is almost 300.
    So it can never be chinese players if they play on Europe servers, otherwise they had also more than 200.

I think those 150 ping players come from North America or Middle East. Or Russia?
  • SCP93953
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you know that why chinese players like to play in the EU servers?Why don't we play on the local servers?THAT'S BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY CHEATERS AND HACKERS IN THE ASIA SERVERS.To be honest,as an Asian,I have to say that most of the people in EU servers are noob (compared to the Asian server people).Maybe that's because the hackers--it's very hard to get 1 KD in Asian servers.Sometimes you can even find 10 hackers in each team.So the environment of European servers is much better than that of Asian servers.
  • ElliotLH
    9598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps it's because I play on Xbox rather than PC but usually the high pingers I see on EU servers seem to be Middle Eastern (based on player and platoon names, so is admittedly an assumption on my part) rather than Chinese. I put this down to EA shutting their servers down so they have no choice but to play out of region.
  • GVlXxf
    edited August 6
    there was three big region, asia, EU, and US. excerpt EU ( as it didn't distinguish WEU and EEU), bascially, u should have a yellow connection, from 170-200 ping( yellow range) if u cross region at a minium.

i ever saw middle east server in BFV, so rarely, so i didn't think BFV have no server( game playing) there. i ever saw british ones too, rather than germany (mainly EU region). so there was some servers can provide a better ping for these countries or nearby location players

even in asia, china players can have 80-100 ping, mostly. when u see pinyin in chat window, they mostly are china players, as others like to chat and talk in eng( in chat window) at Asia region
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Implying China doesn't allow their people to use any sort of tools to defeat capitalism once and for all."
    Nope, the communist party decided to ban BF5 from china thus prohibiting all its citizen to play it. Every chinese caught playing BF5 thus violates the rules and undermines the authority of the communist party. The lost of "face" due to the lost of authority can only be compensated with a nice time in jail and a heavy social points penalty making it impossibel for the hacker to later... lets say go to university or not geting a better job than collecting trash...
    China plz, your people run amok online, they make you look bad they sully the honor of the great chinese republic... do something against it... DICE cant do "feces" about it but you can make a point china... you can show that you can get things done, you can show that you are better than them... please communist party of china help us...
  • ElliotLH
    9598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf wrote: »
    there was three big region, asia, EU, and US. excerpt EU ( as it didn't distinguish WEU and EEU), bascially, u should have a yellow connection, from 170-200 ping( yellow range) if u cross region at a minium.

i ever saw middle east server in BFV, so rarely, so i didn't think BFV have no server( game playing) there. i ever saw british ones too, rather than germany (mainly EU region). so there was some servers can provide a better ping for these countries or nearby location players

even in asia, china players can have 80-100 ping, mostly. when u see pinyin in chat window, they mostly are china players, as others like to chat and talk in eng( in chat window) at Asia region

You're right about the Middle Eastern servers, as they were shut down by Dice recently (they were brought back temporarily when the pandemic started but appear to be gone again). They shut down the South African servers at the same time too. The UK servers were closed shortly after the game was released so haven't been around for a long time unfortunately.

They also didn't notify anyone about this at the time the ME/SA servers were shut and only made a comment when people asked where they were. Same for the UK servers before then.
  • wildbam
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can agree.. ping limit would be nice.

already made a thread about this a while ago.. nothing will change.. the servers keep having desync/lag if too many high ping players have joined..
  • mataempat
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    we move away from Asian servers as EA/DICE seems to be doing nothing about the hackers. The game is borderline unplayable in this part of the world. EA loves to take money from us but nothing in terms of protecting the enjoyment of the game. Hence the mass exodus to Europe and even US servers. 
  • TwoZeroThree
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last day or two it seems to have gotten worse - over half the people on any given EU (typically German) server are 150+ ping and before I (25 ping, playing from the UK) have a chance to react they have rounded a corner and 1-shot me, shot me through cover I've just dived behind, or managed to dodge any bullets I've sent at them. Having been in squads with a few high pingers and listening to their voice comms they do seem to be from China/SE Asia. Many of their names seem to indicate this too. I don't get the impression they are cheating, they're just harder to hit and seem to have a constant advantage. It is also entirely probable that most are just more skilled, but I and many others seem to be noticing a distinct change for the worse in the servers.

I paid a one-off cost for the game so what EA do with the servers at this late stage is up to them I guess. Shame I can't be part of it though.
  • Dougherthy
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    there was a time a cheater could join a game full of legit players now its possible to have a legit player join a game full of cheaters

• ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    wildbam said:
    I can agree.. ping limit would be nice.

already made a thread about this a while ago.. nothing will change.. the servers keep having desync/lag if too many high ping players have joined..

And we only need one thread on the topic, and since this thread is as expected turning into a cheating thread I am closing it.
This discussion has been closed.