Community Admin abuse - banning players - paying customers cant play.

From_Dust_Formed
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
We have a situation in Australia where there is one server up during the mornings.

This server is hosted by an Admin who abuses their power and bans anyone who they don't like or is a decent player with decent scores.

This admin's actions of banning people is forcing paying customers to wait until the afternoon (when more servers become populated) to be able to play the game they purchased.

What can be done?

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing.
  • zombifiedstalker
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    start your own server?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nothing can be done.

Its their server,  all you can do is host your own and show a better example.
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know who your talking about but i agree with the others it's his server.
    The Australian community have a bit of a hard time realising the reality of their situation.
    First of all(not sure if its just australia or the world as a whole) we have a big spectrum of age groups. We have a very big portion of older gamers in the 45+ category (and i can say that varies from 45 all the way up to about 90, i personally know of quite a few 60+ yo's and a 90 yo). These people can't really "get good" in fact the sad reality is they will probably only get worse over time.
    So there are 2 groups of players...good players and casuals and they really can't play together nicely, good players stomp the casuals HARD so they have a right to their own servers to enjoy the game at their own pace.

Also due to the way the friends list and joining a server works the friends list has been weaponised against casuals without most people realising it.
    Most people make friends with people they deem 'good' players because when they play together they have fun and get on well, where as a not so good player can be a source of frustration and is usually booted from squads so nobody gets to know them as a person rather than a gamer. So straight away if people in your friends list join, your immediately borking any sort of randomisation, whether they join directly on you or they happen to be in the server the game will try to team you together. 
    Then remember that this system can snowball since friends and friends of friends will be put together as they join.

So since the game is set up at the cost of casuals they need their own servers to make it fun.

On top of that, there's also the streamers...those older guy know they're not the best but the few australian twitch streamers like to use them to show how good they are on stream, insulting other players calling them bots and such, meanwhile the older guys who can't imagine the reality of what age does to reflex's start calling hax.

Honestly the casuals made their own lane and they are sticking to it and i think it's for the best so leave them be.
    I've had issues with the person your talking about and my issues are with his handling of the situation rather than his rules...his skill level caps themselves are fine.
  • From_Dust_Formed
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    The servers are EA cloud servers.

What is happening is one paying customer is starting a community session and preventing other paying customers (honest customers, not hackers) from playing in a dwindling player base.

Sure you can start your own community session, however you're competing for the same small player base.
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    The servers are EA cloud servers.

What is happening is one paying customer is starting a community session and preventing other paying customers (honest customers, not hackers) from playing in a dwindling player base.

Sure you can start your own community session, however you're competing for the same small player base.
    They aren't preventing anything...if no one joins other servers then that's up to them, the community do not belong to anyone and can make their own choices.

Edit: Also there is usually enough people to go around, if you didn't get people in your server make sure it's not due to this:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/204110/aussie-custom-games-spinning-up-on-german-servers#latest
    Post edited by Matty101yttam on
  • From_Dust_Formed
    People join populated servers.

If you look at OP you will see the time of the problem.

People who are on this community admin's "bad list" can't play.

It's very simple. 
  • Matty101yttam
    People join populated servers.

If you look at OP you will see the time of the problem.

People who are on this community admin's "bad list" can't play.

It's very simple. 
    I see the problem, but its not one to be fixed.
    As i said the community is not something you have a right to, if a group of them want to play without certain others that's up to them.
    All you can do is start your own server, if it failed and you have no place to go then the game is dead to you.
    Firestorm has pretty much already gotten to this stage and it's inevitable the rest of the game will to.
  • From_Dust_Formed
    edited July 27
    Duplicate
    Post edited by From_Dust_Formed on
  • Matty101yttam
    Kid comes in crying.
    Adult: "whats wrong?"
    Kid: "the other kids wont play with me, can you tell them to play with me?"
    Adult: "i can't force the kids to play with you, why wont they play with you anyhow?"
    Kid: "they say i take all the toys"
    Adult: "do you?"
    Kid: "i'm just holding on to them"
    Adult: "well if you want kids to play with you you got to play nice, say your sorry and don't take all the toys next time"

That's pretty much whats going on here, the community isn't a trophy, as i said a few times now you don't get your "portion" there is no "fair share" those players are where they want to be, if your not supplying whats needed to be competitive then that's on you.
  • From_Dust_Formed
    I'm not claiming any right over the community, I'm saying you can start a server where there is less than 64 ppl online and they're already in the only server that is running, however the server you've started is competing with that small online player base.

The game should not be dead to anyone who purchased it because one person decides to keep banning certain players on the only populated server.

I'm wasting my time replying.

By the off chance someone sees this from EA/DICE, maybe they can take note.

• Matty101yttam
    It's not dead because a player is banning though, it's dead because the majority of players left are casual and want to play in a casual class server.
    If he didn't need to ban...if it was like previous bf games where procon would block people via skill level you'd be in the same situation.
  • CrashCA
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The REAL problem, not enough players, EAs fault
    Get over it, learn, move on
  • TFBisquit
    2282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all fairness, if there is just one server, just one, then why not look for a newer game, with plenty of servers. I mean, I can understand that you want to play this game, and are a bit disheartened that you're banned from that one server.
    But really, isn't it time to move on in this situation? If it's almost dead in your region, then it's dead, you know?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Excuses and deflecting blame away from the badmin problem. Some things never change.
  • From_Dust_Formed
    Nature of these forums.

Anytime I post it's in a hope some employee at EA/DICE may read it.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Nature of these forums.

Anytime I post it's in a hope some employee at EA/DICE may read it.
    That's generally the nature of most if not all forums though to be fair.

Even the steam/valve forums you'll most likely get responses from volunteer mods than actual staff.

But yeah,  Basically all you can do really is to spool up your own server and advertise it in the platoon section,  stating the platform you're playing on, your server number etc.

You know?

Make it enticing to other players and if you admin it correctly and not kick out players for doing too good,  You'll likely overtake that server in popularity anyways if they're kicking or banning players for no reason other than because he got outplayed
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 28
    Grow up and move on. You're acting like a child. Ive been kicked / removed from plenty of servers for "cheating" does that mean I go around crying about something I cant control? No. Their server their rules bad admins will be bad admins. Get over it. It's literally the same for any game with individual instances or servers like this.

Just like them they built a community of friends to build up the server you can too. If not go play a different game like I do. This game and your region is on life support and there is nothing ea can do to fix that with this game rven when it was being updated.

I'm literally overseas (work trip) right now and understand the frustation of not finding a server (on console) so I move to different games.
  • ShevermiN
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Excuses and deflecting blame away from the badmin problem. Some things never change.
    Look I'm the first person to jump on the badmin killing the game train.  But with BFV's server solution that's not the problem. At no cost to any player you can create a server  that only needs 4 players to start. Without the option to vary the game settings it makes your server no different to any other server bar the maps and modes selected.

It's not DICE's fault if players do not have 4 friends and also not their fault if nobody wants to play in somebody's server.

It's not the best server solution but neither was procon. And the current hosted server solution that persists today with BF4 is badmin city. 
    With what is available for BFV there is a work around so you can have multiple admins, a ban list and even an in game message bot.  And if you leet young games can't work that out you would have no chance coding procon and having to deal with server hosting and the constant DNS attacks.

As one of the oldies frequenting the nightly 32p server here in Aust it's funny to see the endless turn out of the same trolls trying the same old routine only to be banned or kicked or turn up after the admins have gone to bed and dance around like they won some sort of victory. And still the server has a queue every night must be doing something right.

• Matty101yttam
    ShevermiN said:
    Look I'm the first person to jump on the badmin killing the game train.  But with BFV's server solution that's not the problem. At no cost to any player you can create a server  that only needs 4 players to start. Without the option to vary the game settings it makes your server no different to any other server bar the maps and modes selected.

It's not DICE's fault if players do not have 4 friends and also not their fault if nobody wants to play in somebody's server.

It's not the best server solution but neither was procon. And the current hosted server solution that persists today with BF4 is badmin city. 
    With what is available for BFV there is a work around so you can have multiple admins, a ban list and even an in game message bot.  And if you leet young games can't work that out you would have no chance coding procon and having to deal with server hosting and the constant DNS attacks.

As one of the oldies frequenting the nightly 32p server here in Aust it's funny to see the endless turn out of the same trolls trying the same old routine only to be banned or kicked or turn up after the admins have gone to bed and dance around like they won some sort of victory. And still the server has a queue every night must be doing something right.

Have to agree...i've also noticed the players that get banned from the server op is talking about always go in there to get banned again(since bans are only per session) they complain about being banned but keep going in there every chance they get, instead of actually supporting other servers they return to the "bad" one and then brag about how they keep getting banned.
    It's like the dumbest thing i've seen in this game so far, they are effectively ruining themselves.