Community Admin abuse - banning players - paying customers cant play.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You need to think about the fact that when someone starts a community game server, they have a certain thing in mind that they want to do with that server that they might not be able to do on a default server.
    Examples would be:
    To play only certain maps/Modes
    To play only in a certain way
    To do an unconventional activity with friends such as filming, testing, practicing or even trying to get those horrible weapon  mastery assignments done.
    Specific purposes aside, one who expects to have fun on his own server will probably not be very happy if a competitive clan joins stacks the odds of victory so much on the favor of one side that the other side is constantly bleeding players.
    There is also the problem of the lack of custom server titles preventing the admins from communicating the purpose of their server to others.
    There is a big difference between kicking people who dare to kill the admin and  kicking people who affect the purpose of the server.
  • CrashCA
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And lets face it, BFV servers are a ..... mess.
  • talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What can be done? Easy. Admins kicking/banning ability should be removed.

Also people who says "create your own server" is joke. The admin on other server probably has friends that keep the server busy so people will always join to his. Servers created by solo players servers never get enough players.

• OskooI_007
    1291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 30
    Are we sharing ban stories? The server admin was camping in the mortar truck and had 30 kills / zero deaths. I took him out with TNT and got kicked.

Worth it. :smiley:
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    talhaONE said:

Also people who says "create your own server" is joke. The admin on other server probably has friends that keep the server busy so people will always join to his. Servers created by solo players servers never get enough players.

Normally,  I would agree with this sentiment,  especially regarding RSP on the older titles and the fact it financially cost players to spool up their own servers.

But in this instance,  I have to disagree..

Because there is no financial risk to spooling up a server in BFV,  It would just be a better idea to spool your own server up and advertise it in the relevant forum section ( platoon section would be best I believe ) 

Once you have had enough players that had an enjoyable session without badmins,  they will be keen to return for future games.

• HDrag
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should get banned. I support whatever server is doing this. No one else does a damn thing about it. Don't hack, don't get kicked. Impossible game play if you aren't a cheat. Of course Tags' nothing can be done universal answer fits all things BFV. Nothing can be done because EA doesn't care anymore. They got their money from this pig of a game.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 30
    HDrag wrote: »
    You should get banned. I support whatever server is doing this. No one else does a damn thing about it. Don't hack, don't get kicked. Impossible game play if you aren't a cheat. Of course Tags' nothing can be done universal answer fits all things BFV. Nothing can be done because EA doesn't care anymore. They got their money from this pig of a game.

What in the world are you talking about. Why is it people go to the extreme in the reasonings for a certain feature. Look the guy was probably unjustly kicked from the game and is complaining about it. Going straight to oh hes a cheater option is just annoying to look at.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14281 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    HDrag said:
    Nobody is talking about cheaters,  Or anything like it.

The issue is,  And I quote..  Bad admins banning players that play "too good"..  That is,  Their skills in the game outweighs the skills of the admin in charge of the server.

This is usually a case of the admin managing only say,  12 kills in one round,  Vs a player that can average 40,  50 or even more per round.

In the admin's eyes,  This is "not possible" and thus they kick / ban,  So players that CAN actually play very very well get targeted for it.

So no,  Just because a player is good,  They shouldn't be banned for doing well,  That is now how community servers should ever operate.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »

We never suggested it was a solo effort? So what are you trying to explain?
    We stated that if he wants to do the same thing as them he will have to start like every other server and create a community/join one.

Secondly removing those tools on pc is a complete death sentence. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you dont play on pc but thats a pretty misguided statement.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    (Quote)

The issue is,  And I quote..  Bad admins banning players that play "too good"..  That is,  Their skills in the game outweighs the skills of the admin in charge of the server.

This is usually a case of the admin managing only say,  12 kills in one round,  Vs a player that can average 40,  50 or even more per round.

In the admin's eyes,  This is "not possible" and thus they kick / ban,  So players that CAN actually play very very well get targeted for it.

So no,  Just because a player is good,  They shouldn't be banned for doing well,  That is now how community servers should ever operate.

This ×1000.
  • spychodelics
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 31
    [Removed]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • SirSpectacle
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the reason that server is the only popular in the region is because the admin is active and bans toxic players, fostering a friendly community and fun games?
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HDrag said:
    The guy hosting isn't banning because of dodgy players(well not specifically) he's banning because he wants to have a casual friendly server for older/newer/badder players etc. and since this game has no skill level filtering he has to do it manually.
    In the oceanic servers the game is very close to death, at prime time there's about 3-4 full 64 players, because of this the community is very concentrated and the 2 sides (good players,casual) are forced together, the spectrum of player ability if you will is crammed together hard.
    To top it off the way the games friends list works (and the good players are mostly all friends as well) it puts those good players into same server so instead of a nice even distribution of players it generally ends up like a raid of good players into servers, leaving the not so good players getting hammered hard.
    So there is a divide in the community now, casual players simply refuse to play when some players come in because they know whats coming and each side is making it worse, both are guilty, the casuals are vocal about certain things, insult and accuse people and now ban them. Meanwhile the good players move from server to server in their groups like locusts devouring all the casual players and never giving and inch, they won't tone down their gameplay by doing things like using trash weapons or leaving the enemy with a single flag, they will push into the uncaps even going out of bounds to get those extra kills.

So knowing this obviously the 1st server up with people means you will probably stay full and people will queue rather than wait for another and the casuals know where the safe space is now so they go there 1st.
    I really have no sympathy for the community at the moment both sides have lost judgement and their right to complain imo, so the server is a good thing, it's stopping those 2 groups from clashing as hard and out of that server they are doubling down rather than realising the issue, the casuals are more vocal than ever and the good players have gone from a plague of locusts to a hungry plague of locusts because now they are being starved of servers, when they do get servers they go nuts trying to get all the gameplay in.
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HDrag said:

It's not that the guy thinks it's not possible to play that well, he knows players are better and phrases his kick messages as such, he just is trying to make a lower bracket for people to enjoy.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @spychodelics

You cannot link videos like that here as it falls under the name and shame rule violation 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    HDrag said:

It's not that the guy thinks it's not possible to play that well, he knows players are better and phrases his kick messages as such, he just is trying to make a lower bracket for people to enjoy.
    Thanks for clarifying.

In all honesty my point still stands,  he should just man up and accept there will be players that will stomp.

Or op can create their own community game to cater to players who prefer more serious gameplay.

Personally I'd go with option #2 
  • spychodelics
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @spychodelics

You cannot link videos like that here as it falls under the name and shame rule violation 
    I am sorry, did you even bother to watch it?

• talhaONE
    969 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HDrag wrote: »

Admins can kick anyone they want even if you are completely legit.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    edited July 31
    (Quote)
    I am sorry, did you even bother to watch it?

Yes it still falls under the name and shame rules. Watched the whole video.
  • iamwiener
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When I set up a sever - I set up the rules. If I want to provide a historical war atmosphere on European battlefields, I will ban any Japanese manga girl running around. My setup, my rules.
    IMO the problem is the lack of description for those servers. If we had the possibility to actually name our server setups like:
    "historic - no odd characters plz"
    "casual old farts - no high skilled plz"

Don't blame the admins. Blame DICE or setup and promote your own.