Platoon XD are CronuMax users... right?

abc356427608
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Let’s just get to down to it, OK…? So tired of getting Insta killed with one shot by their medics. Using three shot guns. Always knowing where people are with their auto spot, and the worst is the Cronusmax for vehicle kits they use. No honor.

Comments

• WetFishDB
    2324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know that platoon, assume its XBOX (I'm on PS4). But...  Name and Shame isn't allowed, so you might want to edit your post.  Even if you had evidence, rather than just pure conjecture, it still wouldn't be allowed.

Also, whilst Cronusmax is definitely one of the most controversial 'inputs', it can't give you a OHK with a medic gun.  It's at least 2 hits from any medic gun on a full health infantry player. 
  • disposalist
    8942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    But, but, there are no cheats on console!
  • MarxistDictator
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah because using a mouse and keyboard is the same as guys running around with damage mods and aimbot running up 200 kills in a conquest round. PC Battlefield has been dead for ages and they do nothing about the widespread actual cheating.

Using a mouse and keyboard is not against the ToS in any way. But really what is with all the crying nowadays? This game has been out for almost 4 years and lots of the people still playing have been around for much of that period. So by now yes they are a lot better than you are at this game. If you don’t like getting stomped go play a different lobby.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1231 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    Yeah because using a mouse and keyboard is the same as guys running around with damage mods and aimbot running up 200 kills in a conquest round. PC Battlefield has been dead for ages and they do nothing about the widespread actual cheating.

Using a mouse and keyboard is not against the ToS in any way. But really what is with all the crying nowadays? This game has been out for almost 4 years and lots of the people still playing have been around for much of that period. So by now yes they are a lot better than you are at this game. If you don’t like getting stomped go play a different lobby.
    KBM isn't the issue. Using a keyboard and mouse is simply preferring one input device over the other; there's no inherent wrong in that.

The "cheating" bit comes from the fact that CronusMax (and some other KBM emulation devices) allows users to run scripts and macros which is definitely against ToS. 
  • GerocK-
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

PC Battlefield dead for ages? In what area do you try to play? Mars?
  • MarxistDictator
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 27
    Ok go ahead and pretend that out of any 5 random PC lobbies 3 will not have cheaters that will immediately make new profiles and go right back to cheating in the extremely unlikely event they do get banned. It’s not like it’s true in any way or that the games aren’t infested with cheaters. BF V suffers from the same.

I have also never once seen any ‘scripts’ and outright cheating once in 4 years and over 2000 hours on console so yeah gonna have to call this another non issue people are blowing up. Like the OP, another player who thinks he’s much better than he is being unable to accept that maybe the guys who have put thousands of hours into the game may just be better than him at it.
  • TheGM86
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- said:

Says the person living in Copenhagen.
  • wsupchris1222444
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

He's not complaining about kbm users on console, he is talking about cronusmax users. That thing is a usb stick that connects the controller to the console and allows you to run scripts like no recoil and other stuff without being detected because its simulating user inputs from a controller. Its common for cronusmax scrubs to use the autoloading extended with the jitter script to get the highest damage output as possible.

Its cheating but not hacking
  • disposalist
    8942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah console cheating isn't really cheating because it's more subtle...
  • MarxistDictator
    It’s also not as massively lol as turning off spread, enabling one bullet kills and aimbotting at the same time, which is like 1/3 lobbies at best on PC. You can’t even go a day without seeing multiple hackers, I’ve never seen this script nonsense or been owned by someone hard enough to suspect anything in 4 years. It’s pretty clear that battlefield on PC is a joke, otherwise DICE would give the slightest care about anti cheat instead of just banning people here for reporting them.
  • Ronin9572
    1267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It’s also not as massively lol as turning off spread, enabling one bullet kills and aimbotting at the same time, which is like 1/3 lobbies at best on PC. You can’t even go a day without seeing multiple hackers, I’ve never seen this script nonsense or been owned by someone hard enough to suspect anything in 4 years. It’s pretty clear that battlefield on PC is a joke, otherwise DICE would give the slightest care about anti cheat instead of just banning people here for reporting them.

Unfortunately it's not just Battlefield this is happening to. AAA gaming companies are realizing that to fight cheaters it takes ALOT of resources. Most only care about the bottom line and many games are cross platforms so while they'll lose money on PC sales they'll make it back and more on consoles. I stopped buying MP games on PC years ago, for this very reason and switched back to console.
  • GerocK-
    690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 28
    Ok go ahead and pretend that out of any 5 random PC lobbies 3 will not have cheaters that will immediately make new profiles and go right back to cheating in the extremely unlikely event they do get banned. It’s not like it’s true in any way or that the games aren’t infested with cheaters. BF V suffers from the same.

I have also never once seen any ‘scripts’ and outright cheating once in 4 years and over 2000 hours on console so yeah gonna have to call this another non issue people are blowing up. Like the OP, another player who thinks he’s much better than he is being unable to accept that maybe the guys who have put thousands of hours into the game may just be better than him at it.

PC gaming is infested with cheaters in general. That's very true. But Battlefield 1 far from dead, because you can still join several full servers at any time of day.

I've been played Battlefield 1 on PC since release and the amount of blatant cheaters (aimbot, damage modifiers, invisibility) I encountered is less than 10. There have probably been countless 'soft' cheaters, but in my experience they are so bad at the game that even with those cheats they don't present a threat. At least I never felt like I had a disadvantage against them.

For the last year I've been playing on unofficial servers with active admins and to my knowledge there haven't been any cheaters. Again, for sure there will have been several without me realizing, but if I don't realize, I don't mind. Hasn't affected my game in the slightest.
    -
    But I do fear for the future of PC gaming. Other titles have become unplayable due to cheats (CS:GO, Warzone) and it doesn't seem like anyone with the means to do something about it cares enough.

• WetFishDB
    2324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 28

He's not complaining about kbm users on console, he is talking about cronusmax users. That thing is a usb stick that connects the controller to the console and allows you to run scripts like no recoil and other stuff without being detected because its simulating user inputs from a controller. Its common for cronusmax scrubs to use the autoloading extended with the jitter script to get the highest damage output as possible.

Its cheating but not hacking
    Yeah, they emulate the controller inputs and so technically can't do anything a person couldn't do, albeit not as consistently.  Not sure if the ToS covers scripts/macros or not - but I know the Sony authorised Nacon Revolution Pro controller did have some basic scripting capability (nothing like the Cronus etc).  Personally I think it's the nearest to cheating on Console, but I don't generally have too much of an issue with it as I've researched it and am aware of its limitations.

For anyone who cares, a bit of research shows anti-recoil comes in two basic forms, additive and ignore (I'm making those names up).  All it does is simulate a constant downward pull on the thumbstick whilst the trigger is pulled and it can't do anything with the random horizontal recoil (as the direction is random).  It's a clear advantage for people with generally poor/mediocre recoil control, but has it's limitations.   

All of them seem to have have a threshold, after which they would abort and just use your input - although oddly looking at the scripts they tend to do this on both axis which feels oddly limiting as it means they would all abort when tracking an enemy moving across your screen.

Additive anti-recoil takes whatever you are doing with your thumbstick (Y) and then pulls down by X amount on top (X+Y).  That is probably the most intuitive, but from what I can gather the least common.  The challenge with this is over-compensation.  If you try to manage recoil yourself, or try and deliberately move your aim then I suspect it will likely over-compensate.

Ignore anti-recoil ignores your input.  It just pulls down by X regardless what you input.  The challenge with these I suspect is that its hard to finely control, if you want the aim to rise (or to pull down a little more) the input is ignored and so there's little you can do.

In both scenarios someone with good mechanical aim would do just as well, if not better IMHO - especially against moving enemies.  And with FOV adjustments that could be further enhanced - amazed how many people don't utilise a higher FOV.

As for the rapid fire, it's only really useful on the .25 Extended I suspect as everything else has an easily achievable max fire rate (no gun can be fired quicker than its hard coded fire rate).  I've seen it used in a few comp games where the AL is quite common as they need the DPS.  Often it's relatively easy to tell, as they rarely seem tap fire or slow down the fire rate to maintain accuracy at any moderate distance.  The firing is incredibly consistent.  And for some reason they also have a tendency to leave an auto-spot mod on, which in the right conditions can be a bit of a tell.

Whilst not ideal, compared to what can happen on PC the Cronus isn't really all that much of a worry.
    Post edited by WetFishDB on
  • Ronin9572
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah, they emulate the controller inputs and so technically can't do anything a person couldn't do, albeit not as consistently.  Not sure if the ToS covers scripts/macros or not - but I know the Sony authorised Nacon Revolution Pro controller did have some basic scripting capability (nothing like the Cronus etc).  Personally I think it's the nearest to cheating on Console, but I don't generally have too much of an issue with it as I've researched it and am aware of its limitations.

For anyone who cares, a bit of research shows anti-recoil comes in two basic forms, additive and ignore (I'm making those names up).  All it does is simulate a constant downward pull on the thumbstick whilst the trigger is pulled and it can't do anything with the random horizontal recoil (as the direction is random).  It's a clear advantage for people with generally poor/mediocre recoil control, but has it's limitations.   

All of them seem to have have a threshold, after which they would abort and just use your input - although oddly looking at the scripts they tend to do this on both axis which feels oddly limiting as it means they would all abort when tracking an enemy moving across your screen.

Additive anti-recoil takes whatever you are doing with your thumbstick (Y) and then pulls down by X amount on top (X+Y).  That is probably the most intuitive, but from what I can gather the least common.  The challenge with this is over-compensation.  If you try to manage recoil yourself, or try and deliberately move your aim then I suspect it will likely over-compensate.

Ignore anti-recoil ignores your input.  It just pulls down by X regardless what you input.  The challenge with these I suspect is that its hard to finely control, if you want the aim to rise (or to pull down a little more) the input is ignored and so there's little you can do.

In both scenarios someone with good mechanical aim would do just as well, if not better IMHO - especially against moving enemies.  And with FOV adjustments that could be further enhanced - amazed how many people don't utilise a higher FOV.

As for the rapid fire, it's only really useful on the .25 Extended I suspect as everything else has an easily achievable max fire rate (no gun can be fired quicker than its hard coded fire rate).  I've seen it used in a few comp games where the AL is quite common as they need the DPS.  Often it's relatively easy to tell, as they rarely seem tap fire or slow down the fire rate to maintain accuracy at any moderate distance.  The firing is incredibly consistent.  And for some reason they also have a tendency to leave an auto-spot mod on, which in the right conditions can be a bit of a tell.

Whilst not ideal, compared to what can happen on PC the Cronus isn't really all that much of a worry.

Ppl have been turning to the Strike Pack as an alternative to Scuf controllers which are getting expensive. While Strike Pack isn't as programmable as Cronus Max it still has some downloadable scripts and they are expanding quickly. I'm sure Sony will be jumping on this sort of thing soon.
  • GerocK-
    TheGM86 said:
    GerocK- said:

Says the person living in Copenhagen.

I don't get it :#
  • GerocK-
    edited July 29
    double post
    Post edited by GerocK- on
  • wsupchris1222444
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Replying to WetFish, not quoting that massive post lol.

Thanks for the research, I've only heard about it from YouTube from a guy with a funny name. The cronusmax on bf1 is not really that bad. There is not a whole lot of things that make it super unfair because it's limited.

I don't see the cronus very often, and the people who use it are not very good anyways, only way I can tell is by the fire rate of their gun which is always the sweeper of autoloading extended. It is a very very consistent fire rate. Recoil in this game is not hard to control, especially if you deploy the bipod, bipod guns are freaking lazer beams.
  • Ronin9572
    Replying to WetFish, not quoting that massive post lol.

Thanks for the research, I've only heard about it from YouTube from a guy with a funny name. The cronusmax on bf1 is not really that bad. There is not a whole lot of things that make it super unfair because it's limited.

I don't see the cronus very often, and the people who use it are not very good anyways, only way I can tell is by the fire rate of their gun which is always the sweeper of autoloading extended. It is a very very consistent fire rate. Recoil in this game is not hard to control, especially if you deploy the bipod, bipod guns are freaking lazer beams.

I feel the same way about them. I notice the medic guns more than others. I know I'm average at best if that. And I know there are plenty of great players out there. But there are plenty of subtle ways to tell they're game play is being boosted
  • Tunza42
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
     It's at least 2 hits from any medic gun on a full health infantry player. 

You can OHK headshot with the general liu in bolt action mode.  It also has a sweetspot.  unsure what it is though.
  • TheGM86
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tunza42 said:
    WetFishDB said:
     It's at least 2 hits from any medic gun on a full health infantry player. 

You can OHK headshot with the general liu in bolt action mode.  It also has a sweetspot.  unsure what it is though.

Same as the Gewher 98. so way out there.