[feedback] More words that should not being fitlered

Hawxxeye
7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 12
I wished to keep reporting on words that are unreasonably filtered as I encounter them
This time since I am the OP I can also add the words on the original post so that it is easier for the staff here to collect them.
PLEASE do not use this topic to rant about the filter, I do not want it to get locked like the other one but to be pure word reporting.
The extra list starts here
"geez"
"Something"
"suspicious"
"domination"
"Flame thrower"
"But the"
"LEB"
"wiener" (regardless of innuendos it is still a name for a piece of food)
"az"
"puskam"
"gore"
"svurshi i tazi"
"kniga"
"Wtf"
"Zetha"
"ffs"
"Spike"
"LEB"
"Woops"
I will start adding the ones for the previous topic for visibility and to avoid repeats:
poop
suck
bootie
crap
terrorist
tea bag
put a
but
sniper
mate
shine
rules
stupid
idiot
hell
damn
who are
G43
pass
bite
bite me
ETA (estimated time of arrival)
hurt
facing
Success
Lame
Sadist
Masochist
Jig
clan (that might have been fixed)
fart
gee gee
nutter
anon
penetration
cook
food
Ginger

Post edited by Hawxxeye on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can also add 'suspicious' to the list seemingly. Someone mentioned that one on EA Answers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/profanity-filter-out-of-control/m-p/9375540#M16036
  • iamwiener
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "domination"
  • EA_Tom
    120 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hey folks,

Before we continue this "new" thread. Let's stick solely to reporting words that aren't working properly in the filter. We'll investigate based on your reports.

Any other content will be removed.

Thank you,

-Tom
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flame thrower.  Separately is fine, just the 2 in sequence get filtered
  • WebsterHyperion
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Decided to create this thread to help report censored non slur words and to also petition the option to disable the chat filter client side. The other chat filter thread was shutdown with  no reason stated.

Jig is still censored. Jig is the name of a squad in the game.....
  • WebsterHyperion
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Combination of the words "but" and "the" together are censored.
  • WebsterHyperion
    Clan.
  • IIPrest0nII
    2419 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @WebsterHyperion

I merged your topic into this thread. This is the thread where feedback should be sent. Please remember to keep this thread constructive.

Thanks!
  • Dougherthy
    37 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    save yourself a lot of time remove the filter its an 18+ game
  • Netranger9
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have a feeling they bit off more than they can chew with this ludicrious filter,lol.

• NuttysKunKs
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dougherthy wrote: »

Considering 80% of the player base is under 18 makes sense lol
  • iamwiener
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dougherthy wrote: »

Considering 80% of the player base is under 18 makes sense lol

I doubt that figure. I don't know a single under 18 playing BF
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys please do not hijack this thread. This one is purely for collecting worlds that are filtered for dubious reasons
  • CedarOfLebanon
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LEB is prohibited dont know why, its my clans name
  • WebsterHyperion
    Preston made it like this since my thread was merged into this one. So it is on topic according to mods.
  • Hawxxeye
    Preston made it like this since my thread was merged into this one. So it is on topic according to mods.
    This might had been a mistake since I made a word reporting thread and not a filter rant thread. Filter rants will get locked cause they are not considered constructive.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1287 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Christ, at this point it would have been easier to add in an option to disable/enable the chat filter entirely instead of going back and forth how many times. 
  • iamwiener
    Not sure if needs to be on the list because I understand the association but my own nickname "wiener" is censored. Makes it difficult for ppl to talk to me ingame.
  • WebsterHyperion
    edited August 24
    Any word that can hurt anyone's feelings is censored. Oof
  • blerooooo
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As someone transliterating cyrilic words into latin, there are a lot of cenzored ones, sometimes even sentences. Words such as:
    az (I)
    puskam (launch) maybe the "pus" is the problem but word as "push" is not cenzored)
    gore (meaning "up", don't get why the english meaning would be cenzored as well)
    svurshi i tazi (this one (game) has already ended) the whole sentence is cenzored.
    kniga (book) again looks like it's because of the last four letters

There are a lot examples like these (including whole sentences) but can't remember them right know. I will write down everytime I come upon one and will write it here