player churn

X_Sunslayer_X
1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited August 9
hi dead random DICE/EA employee who will never bother reading any ot this anyways.
just recently i had the sudden urge to play BFV again after a few days of not wantting to. so i gave in to the guilty pleasure.
4 rounds in a row a friend and me were in a team where we where mostly 25v32 but that was not bad enough. the other team was on a completely other level in temrs of basic cohesion and the fact there were 3 full pre-mate squads was not helping either....
so long story short we got asbolutely rinsed 4 rounds in a row with 0-500 at the best and 0-650 at the worst. so i remembered back in with the whole TTK reworks and DICEs main reason apparently being player churn due to TTK and i just wondered if maybe they actually never played their own game in a public situation outside the random guy...
i beg you DICE live-stream your game i will donate money i want to see you go through the same "immersion" as we all have to on a regular basis.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't think they know how to implement team balance or even anti cheat in the AWS server environment they've opted for in BF5. I get the impression that amazon allows them very little access and control over the servers and the software otherwise they'd have implemented both of these long before now. It has been a constant complaint since release and they've barely said anything about either.

I mean I don't put utter incompetence past Dice Sweden when it comes to developing games as opposed to simply designing them but I feel it is only polite to give them some degree of benefit of the doubt.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I mean I don't put utter incompetence past Dice Sweden when it comes to developing games as opposed to simply designing them but I feel it is only polite to give them some degree of benefit of the doubt.

then its still the studios fault for not testing the server provider for basiac features like this. they had every opportunity to come out and explain stuff to us and all we got out we "do not have the tech" in a AAA behemoth studio i do not feel it beyond comprehension to expect more out of them.
  • mesterKG
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AWS has nothing to do with match making and balancing.. They just provide the servers.. Or am I wrong?
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 9
    mesterKG said:
    AWS has nothing to do with match making and balancing.. They just provide the servers.. Or am I wrong?
    You are right.

How the software works is up to Dice, AWS just hosts the servers.

No way AWS would restrict how Dice matchmakes their players (or implement AC). They sell internet bandwidth, storage and CPU-time.
  • mesterKG
    165 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The good news is that dice has a change in team balance ready to deploy. They didn't dare do it just before summer vacations. That and the upcoming community game update will be interesting to see how affect the game...
This discussion has been closed.