Sweaty servers (EU).

SillySinStorm
57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Don't know about anyone else but me and my friends are finding EU public servers being treated like certain clans' private servers. Clan stomps are becoming the norm and it's tiresome dealing with the quit/load eternity just to find servers that aren't overun with sometimes 8+ of the same clan sweatlording it over everyone. Yes, i know they paid for the game as much as i did but it's getting to the point that matches are just unenjoyable. If you challenge them you get told that you're trash or "We PlAy CoMpEtTiVeLy." Lovely. Go and play competitively on private servers and give those of us that work 12hrs a day a break. Stomping others may be fun to them but it'll get to the point that they have nobody to stomp as people will be hesitant to even play. Funnily enough the odd time we do turn it around these clans quit. Must have to polish their buckets.

Comments

• SillySinStorm
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand that dwindling numbers don't help. But if you can manage to gather 8+ clan members i think it would only be fair that they're split between the teams.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    500 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Joining a friend or platoon puts you on the same team/squad, and there's no in-game option to switch teams if you'd want to balance the server.

So, you'd have to leave the server and re-join it manually through the server browser while not being certain you'll actually join the side you want.

Also, the in-between rounds balancer tries to re-join you with your friends or at least it used to do that.

This is on PC, so I'm not sure how it works on consoles.

It might get better once the community games update arrives with more options/tools for a good admin(s) to balance a server, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Joining a friend or platoon puts you on the same team/squad, and there's no in-game option to switch teams if you'd want to balance the server.

So, you'd have to leave the server and re-join it manually through the server browser while not being certain you'll actually join the side you want.

Also, the in-between rounds balancer tries to re-join you with your friends or at least it used to do that.

This is on PC, so I'm not sure how it works on consoles.

It might get better once the community games update arrives with more options/tools for a good admin(s) to balance a server, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

It's the same on console with the exception that you can switch teams during a match on Xbox. I don't think it's doable on PS4 but could be mistaken.
  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand that dwindling numbers don't help. But if you can manage to gather 8+ clan members i think it would only be fair that they're split between the teams.

Unfortunately, this has to be done on purpose. TWP will either stay on 1 side if it is losong horribly, or have a few squads on each side at 8+ players. It has worked to help balance at times, but it's a shame Dice hasn't figured out how to do team balancing to a fuller extent.
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2020
    You can switch on xbox for sure. Just select a random player on the other team and join their game. Not sure about ps4 though. But yes the clan stacks and discord stacks on pc are just as bad. Its generally trash players* that cant play alone or in a small group so they stack 2-3 squads just to win.
  • fragnstein
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2020
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    You can switch on xbox for sure. Just select a random player on the other team and join their game. Not sure about ps4 though. But yes the clan stacks and discord stacks on pc are just as bad. Its generally trash players* that cant play alone or in a small group so they stack 2-3 squads just to win.

Isn't the purpose of a platoon to play together? Being able to rely on teammates instead of some random blue berry who wants to spawn on you and run off in the opposite direction. Nothing worse then having a squad mate spawn in your damaged tank as support just to immediately jump out and run off without looking back

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4808 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Platoons have a responsibility not to clan stack. My own platoon splits into 2 groups when we have more than 6 players and move into two separate games. It's no fun winning every game in a stomp.......Sometimes platoons forget that they are part of a community. 
  • MrCamp121
    1201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »

Isn't the purpose of a platoon to play together? Being able to rely on teammates instead of some random blue berry who wants to spawn on you and run off in the opposite direction. Nothing worse then having a squad mate spawn in your damaged tank as support just to immediately jump out and run off without looking back

If you need more than one squad in a single server on the same side? No those players are just trash.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i think the problem is more due to the lack of players. those who stayed grew accustomed to BFV and its mechanics so naturally they are rather good at what they do.
    clans or platoons on the other hand stick together and play together and since the team-balancer does nto work as intended rounds will end up horribly stacked sooner then later the only cure is leave the server and find a different one ....

X_Sunslayer_X while that may be a factor I think the lack of a proper RSP where clans can create their own permanent Clan servers and a home for their community is the largest factor.

even if we had proper RSp from launch, with the way BFV failed to retain any players to begin with there would simply not be a community to foster with the tools provided...

• MrCamp121
    Ran into a clan that had 8 people on one side last night. They still lost and half of em bareky went positive Like i said, trash players lol
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ran into a clan that had 8 people on one side last night. They still lost and half of em bareky went positive Like i said, trash players lol

You can't be on Xbox euro servers then otherwise you'd have run into the Ren , sowe, gmr and a couple of others. Huge clans.
    They clan stack, but they are all very good players of infantry maps.
    Not much honour tho otherwise they would either put their own members on each side or play other clans in custom servers. What they prefer to do is win every game with a stomp and not test their skills against each other.
    Look up Ren cyborg , absolute beast of a player level 500,
    I might criticize them for pub stacking but they certainly ain't " trash players ".
  • MrCamp121
    DavTan wrote: »

You can't be on Xbox euro servers then otherwise you'd have run into the Ren , sowe, gmr and a couple of others. Huge clans.
    Not much honour tho otherwise they would either put their own members on each side or play other clans in custom servers. What they prefer to do is win every game with a stomp and not test their skills against each other.
    I might criticize them for pub stacking but they certainly ain't " trash players ".

Lol lets see how they do when theyre alone relying on randoms. Highly doubt theyll be nearly as good as they think they are
  • MrCamp121

For what its worth..ran into a REN guy on an NA server 2 nights ago...he was barely going positive without his stack. Thought of this thread when i saw it. So like i said, all these players that stack more than 1 squad on a team are usually trash
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Low player count and no community run servers will do that. I don't blame the clans for wanting to play together but it certainly ruins the experience when they stack a team with 10+ of their players against randoms. The blame lies wholly with Dice for not providing a proper environment for communities and clans to run their own dedicated servers like previous games.
  • CPU_UK
    1146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    MrCamp121 said:

Lol lets see how they do when they're alone relying on random. Highly doubt they'll be nearly as good as they think they are
    I play with my clan, but even when I join a Pub squad, 9/10 they are just a bunch of random who neither follow orders or take\ defend a flag. I will say that the problem is DICE made: Lordy knows that when a stomp happens the server should shuffle the players, but it never does. Even after a bad round and the losing side players leave, it's always the winning side that get populated first- where's the logic there DICE. With BF5 DICE seems to have abandoned the server balance concept- how many times have you seen rank 200-300-400 put up against a bunch of noobs?
  • CSO7777
    2068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CPU_UK said:
    MrCamp121 said:

Lol lets see how they do when they're alone relying on random. Highly doubt they'll be nearly as good as they think they are
    I play with my clan, but even when I join a Pub squad, 9/10 they are just a bunch of random who neither follow orders or take\ defend a flag. I will say that the problem is DICE made: Lordy knows that when a stomp happens the server should shuffle the players, but it never does. Even after a bad round and the losing side players leave, it's always the winning side that get populated first- where's the logic there DICE. With BF5 DICE seems to have abandoned the server balance concept- how many times have you seen rank 200-300-400 put up against a bunch of noobs?
    Dice has never had any team-balancing that worked. This goes back to at least BF4. BF1 is even worse than BFV regarding balance.

Some BF4 RSP-servers randomizes players after each round and this is still the best system so far. It's far from perfect, but it at least makes sure that you are not always on the winning or loosing team like on official servers.
  • MrCamp121
    CPU_UK wrote: »
    (Quote)

Im not talking about randoms. Im talking about platoons that stack multiple squads of their own players on ONE side. It isnt fun for the winning side, it isnt fun for the losing side getting destroyed. But whenever i see it, i look up their individual stats and theyre very very rarely any good.

Case in point the so-called REN gods from EU