Direction of Battlefield

ApexNeo
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited August 2020
Does anyone know if there will be dedicated servers in BF6 like it was in BF4 / BF3 etc? It's pointless to play BF5 without a community and server admins to kick / ban hackers etc. If BF6 doesn't support dedicated servers I'll not buy it as I did BF5 and then realized there are not dedicated servers.
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope they don't make the same mistake twice. Dedicated servers and community run servers are an absolute must for a game like Battlefield.
  • CSO7777
    2018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ApexNeo said:
    Does anyone know if there will be dedicated servers in BF6 like it was in BF4 / BF3 etc? It's pointless to play BF5 without a community and server admins to kick / ban hackers etc. If BF6 doesn't support dedicated servers I'll not buy it as I did BF5 and then realized there are not dedicated servers.
    Dice has promised improvements to BFV regarding custom servers, but if it will ever happen we have to see. And whether it will be good is another story (if it comes).

BF1 had the same problem with RSP when it launched, it took a long time before they implemented it and it wasn't as good as BF4.

RSP has only gotten worse and worse after BF4, so I wouldn't have high hopes for BF6.

In my opinion RSP is fine, but without a fundamentally good game it is pointless. BFV has issues and I don't think any RSP-program would change much (I might be wrong).
  • Rroff24
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Publishers unfortunately seem to push against it and dry hump matchmaking lobby systems and the likes which inevitably just leads to huge cheating problems and lots of people turned off the game but they still seem attracted to this model for some reason.
  • ApexNeo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without a dedicated server it's time to look for an alternative. What's the point of playing on randomly selected servers for different look and cloths? Seems like they want us to play barbie. BF5 is a total waste of time with no reason to play. Dedicated servers provide community and ranking system. BF5 doesn't offer anything like BF3 and BF4.