PC specs up to scratch - Low Fps

K1_Yoshi
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm not clued up with PC specs / and configuring settings 

Getting 40 FPS on low
Specs
Intel core i7-4770k 3.5ghz
12gb RAM
GPU - GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I'm sick of shooting people and getting melted and the game not feeling smooth 
It's worse on some maps

45 fps when not many people are around ,low 30s in chaos 

Is my current set up just not able to get 60fps smoothly? 

Comments

• Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Seems a bit low, but depends on settings like resolution etc. Tried any of online the guides for optimizing BFV performance?
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My frames with a 2700x ryzen and a rx5600xt fell through the roof and I had to reinstall windows after the 2004 update.
    It might be worth looking into!
  • K1_Yoshi
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well minutes after writing this post I swapped over to Dx12 

I tried it a few days ago and i didnt get as bad FPS drop but it was stuttering
    Today it's not stuttering and im getting 80fps roughly

Not sure if i'm lucky or whats going on but i'm not complaining
    The game looks smooth thats the only way i can describe it. It's weird playing lol

@Carbonic I did have a little nose around , fiddled with some Nvidia settings in a previous thread from way back and it didn't help me but that was as far as I got 
  • iamwiener
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your CPU will be capable of more but your GPU is limiting. With a more up-to-date GPU you might get around 75 -100 fps. 
  • K1_Yoshi
    iamwiener said:
    Your CPU will be capable of more but your GPU is limiting. With a more up-to-date GPU you might get around 75 -100 fps. 

I'm considering either upgrading the build or just start saving up for a new one to be honest.
    Had this PC for around 5-6 years now. Done very well to be honest 

Would be nice to play on high / ultra eh with a good monitor ! 
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Save up for a new one or just get a new console at this point. Not worth a marginal upgrade at this point.
  • glasgowsmile87
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Man your specs are really outdated by now but I'd imagine you should be able to get a solid 60fps on low and medium settings if you lower the rez scale a bit maybe to 85%
  • ragnarok013
    3877 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Man your specs are really outdated by now but I'd imagine you should be able to get a solid 60fps on low and medium settings if you lower the rez scale a bit maybe to 85%

glasgowsmile87 true those look at lot like the BF3/4 era of recommended specs but they might work depending on what settings one uses as Carbonic stated.

• Hawxxeye
    7747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    In about 1-2 months it will be an amazing time for a new PC build