Battlefield 1 is epic

Comments

• Lastel_of_Pejite
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think that Sinai Desert has a problem, the G point. It's so far from the rest that pretty much no one cap it except vehicle or calvary. Rest is good.
  • HugoPlayNow
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is my favorite PFS ever made.  BF5 is awful by comparison.  I haven't played it lately as I go to play Conquest on XB1 and the BF1 servers were bone empty.  maybe just bad timing?

lol at G flag on Sanai....good call.

The best things about BF1:

The maps
    well placed stationary weapons that are plentiful and fun!
    AP and AT mines that actually are worth using!  And they don't shimmer like they do in BF5, which is lame.
    Ability to charge in any class.
    Great use of boats and sea craft!

Just love it!!!

• HugoPlayNow
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Can't edit posts...so pardon my typos....

FPS
    Sinai
  • PSJackman4
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

FPS
    Sinai
    If you refresh the page and hover your cursor on the top right of your comment you will see a gear. Click it, and you will be able to edit your posts! : ) 
  • Schlep2112
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AW2k2 said:
    I think that Sinai Desert has a problem, the G point. It's so far from the rest that pretty much no one cap it except vehicle or calvary. Rest is good.
    True, but if you control it, you can spawn another airplane so it is a strategic control point.   That's actually one of the maps that I don't care for all that much.
  • PSJackman4
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AW2k2 said:
    Tbh I kinda of like the G point, it can make for some fun combat. If the enemy holds the objective and you have to capture it, then you have to be rather cautious, because if you die, then you have to walk or drive across the desert to go back to G. I like that suspense imo. 

And as @Schlep2112 said, it is also a pretty important objective, as it is extra plane spawns. It can also spawn lots of cars and motorcycles, so it is kinda of an area to get your vehicles. 
  • Forkbeard84
    2046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Tbh I kinda of like the G point, it can make for some fun combat. If the enemy holds the objective and you have to capture it, then you have to be rather cautious, because if you die, then you have to walk or drive across the desert to go back to G. I like that suspense imo. 

And as @Schlep2112 said, it is also a pretty important objective, as it is extra plane spawns. It can also spawn lots of cars and motorcycles, so it is kinda of an area to get your vehicles. 

You get another Horse spawn there too. I like Sinai. Its a great Horse map.
  • PSJackman4
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    (Quote)

You get another Horse spawn there too. I like Sinai. Its a great Horse map.
    Yeah, I love using the calvary lance, even though they nerfed the thing into oblivion. 
  • rrFuchs
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've recently started playing BF again after maybe 5 years of not touching any shooter. I've bought BF 1 and BF V and apart from being stomped in both games fairly regularly (which is to be expected) the maps of BF 1 are way more enjoyable. I really haven't seen a map I did not like. 
    Whereas I have played about the same time in BF V and couldn't name a map I am happy to see in the server rotation.

(disclaimer: playing mostly infantry)
  • CSO7777
    2091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have love/hate relationship with BF1. It can be really fun and epic, on the other hand it can also be the worst BF-game ever made.

When teams are balanced and things works out it is really epic, but often bad balancing, extreme explosive spam (bombers, nades etc), too many snipers (sniping is way to easy in BF1), and special classes makes the game pretty frustrating.

BFV fixed some of these issues, but is not nearly as fun/epic as BF1 can be.
  • 123loreni
    338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    looking at youtube videos the maps look too depressing to me so I'm gonna stick with BF5 and buy BF6 instead.
  • PSJackman4
    123loreni said:
    looking at youtube videos the maps look too depressing to me so I'm gonna stick with BF5 and buy BF6 instead.
    what do you mean depressing?
  • 123loreni
    338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:
    dull 

there's only 1 map that's dull in BF5 (aerodrome).
  • papahiroshima
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    123loreni wrote: »
    dull 

Id disagree, bf5 has some really bad and unbalanced maps. Hamada, Solomon Islands, Al sundan, Arj maj encampment (or whatever its called), and Iwo Jima. If you combine any maps in BF5 with the horrible team balancing you get a complete spawn trap.

Also you should really play bf1 before saying the maps are dull
  • PSJackman4
    123loreni said:
    123loreni said:
    dull 

Looks at Rupture, Lupkow Pass, Ballroom Blitz, Argonne Forest, Heligoland Bight, Albion, etc. 

yeah...dull
  • CSO7777
    2091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    123loreni said:
    123loreni said:
    dull 

Looks at Rupture, Lupkow Pass, Ballroom Blitz, Argonne Forest, Heligoland Bight, Albion, etc. 

yeah...dull
    I think the percentage of 'playable' maps in BFV is higher than in BF1, but BFV has less maps than BF1 (19 in BFV vs  31 in BF1) and in the end BF1 has more 'playable' maps than BFV.

The overall game-mechanics and map design probably fit each other better in BFV (esp. vehicles vs. infantry is better balanced, snipers are harder to use, and more cover for infantry in general). Not saying BFV is a better game though...

And BF1 has at least one of the most best maps in the whole BF-series (Amiens), don't think any BFV-maps is even in the top 10 of good BF-maps... (this is personal preference - I know).
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:
    123loreni said:
    dull 

yeah...dull
    3 of those maps are amongst the best in BF1 IMO.......This is subjective.

But the reality is that the map design on BFV has been widely derided by the community. I dont think there are many maps that are almost universally loved in BFV.....In BF1 there are quite a number of maps that seem to be in very heavy rotation:

Amiens
    Ballroom
    Argonne
    Fort De Vaux
    Sinai
    Soissons
    St Quentin (which I personally hate)

to name 6 off the top of my head
  • HugoPlayNow
    PSJackman4 said:

FPS
    Sinai
    If you refresh the page and hover your cursor on the top right of your comment you will see a gear. Click it, and you will be able to edit your posts! : ) 

-----------------------

...not on ipad...it won't even let me reply outside of the quote box.....

Thanks for trying though!  :)  This board is not ipad friendly.
  • HugoPlayNow
    OK RE: maps...

IMO BFV maps are horrible!  Each flag is spread out way too far and resulting action is scattered and dull.

BF1 maps are incredibly clever that funnel action and conflict into hot spots.  I love BF1!!  I'd play it every night if gaming didn't aggravate my old shoulder and old back.  I'm old.
  • papahiroshima
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OK RE: maps...

IMO BFV maps are horrible!  Each flag is spread out way too far and resulting action is scattered and dull.

BF1 maps are incredibly clever that funnel action and conflict into hot spots.  I love BF1!!  I'd play it every night if gaming didn't aggravate my old shoulder and old back.  I'm old.

You're not wrong. In bf5 there's so many huge maps, which are way to big for 64 player conquest. And alot of the maps are just gigantic fields (looking at you panzerstorm). Plus all the maps have **** visibility and you can't tell the difference between a soldier and a rock.