Ideas of what horses will be like?

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Will you have a "bayonet charge" or the horse?
We have never seen a vehicle blow up without you dying. It will be interesting to see the animation for the horse dying whilst you are alive.
Will horses be mainly transportation or will they have a combat advantage?
How do you "repair" a horse?

I know we know little to none but it's always fun to guess and throw ideas around to see if you got it right.

Comments

• bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've asked these things in a couple of threads recently but nobody is sure. I'm hoping to customise my steed with Camo and armour. I want a kick button and charge. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time on horseback and will probably create a plantoon for like minded people. You're welcome to join. Xb1/PS4.
  • Benny9393
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My guess is they won't be in multiplayer and will only feature in the campaign in some form of terrible on-rails level.

They simply wouldn't fit at all. Like you say, how do you repair them? How would you make them useful on the battlefield? The controls would be abyssmal if the general physics/controls of battlefield vehicles are anything to go by. They'd also be very tricky to animate and make look convincing.

Basically they'd be far too tricky to implement and they'd probably be terrible no matter what DICE did with them.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Benny9393 wrote: »
    My guess is they won't be in multiplayer and will only feature in the campaign in some form of terrible on-rails level.
    Horses are confirmed in both campaign and multiplayer.

• bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They've been confirmed for multi-player.
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They simply wouldn't fit at all. Like you say, how do you repair them? How would you make them useful on the battlefield? The controls would be abyssmal if the general physics/controls of battlefield vehicles are anything to go by. They'd also be very tricky to animate and make look convincing.

Basically they'd be far too tricky to implement and they'd probably be terrible no matter what DICE did with them.

At the revel event when someone asked "will there be MP horses?" the developer nodding yes and said "we can't reveal that at this time". If it was yes at the time of the reveal they wouldn't get rid of it now.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    06/15 via Facebook

Me: Who if anyone gets to ride the horses?
    Like1More · 3 hours ago

Battlefield
    We'll give you more information on riding horses in the coming months. Are you already a Battlefield Insider?
  • bananahead81
    Good job cos I plan to create my own grand national! :)
  • Benny9393
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please link me to an article or video where they 100% confirm them for multiplayer and I will eat my words. I haven't heard any such news. I'll be very surprised if they're in multiplayer.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we want them to be like:

EmezKJw.jpg

What they'll actually be like:

CEQYIvS.jpg
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    I've asked these things in a couple of threads recently but nobody is sure. I'm hoping to customise my steed with Camo and armour. I want a kick button and charge. I'm hoping to spend a lot of time on horseback and will probably create a plantoon for like minded people. You're welcome to join. Xb1/PS4.

What Camo like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/44/fb/8b44fb359be4a141434d57fc95d230b6.jpg
  • bananahead81
    DingoKillr wrote: »

What Camo like this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/44/fb/8b44fb359be4a141434d57fc95d230b6.jpg

Looking good!

@Benny9393 they are in MP. It was confirmed by Dev. I'm not going finding you a video either believe us or go find it yourself.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please link me to an article or video where they 100% confirm them for multiplayer and I will eat my words. I haven't heard any such news. I'll be very surprised if they're in multiplayer.

To the best of my knowledge, no one can point you to that video or link because you're correct it has not been confirmed. Look what they just told me a few hours ago on Facebook ...why not justsay, "Yes you will be able... more details to follow."
  • bananahead81
    Can't you guys read? Was in reveal interview. Damn....
  • iSpyRecon
    edited June 2016
    The only thing official I had read... And I apologize I am not sure where the link is... that that horses will be have a role in taking out tanks. God only knows what that means. it's anything but accurate. It was not clarified whether story or multiplayer.
  • iSpyRecon
    Can't you guys read? Was in reveal interview. Damn....

Must have missed it. Do you have a link? Not asking for proof... I'd like to read it myself.
  • bananahead81
    Sorry I meant read comments in this thread. Go watch reveal interview guys :)
  • BadumBattlefield

@32 minutes to 33

Not a 100% confirm but they just don't competetly say in order to back out of the idea if needed.
  • Sothatstheway
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    The only thing official I had read... And I apologize I am not sure where the link is... that that horses will be have a role in taking out tanks. God only knows what that means. it's anything but accurate. It was not clarified whether story or multiplayer.

Yessss Horse stuff confirmed with TNT of course
  • bananahead81
    OMG anti tank horses! This is going to be epic!
  • Sothatstheway
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    OMG anti tank horses! This is going to be epic!

Maybe a little gory. But yes epic!