CodCold War shows Battlefield set in the 80's could be successful Cold War gone hot

HawkeyeAM47
1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited August 29
so, with the successful praise from the community, to COD Blackops: Cold war, shows that if Battlefield 6 was set in the 80s with a cold war gone hot Scenario. Alternate history could be a success!Warsaw pact vs Nato, would be awesome, and with Battlefield large maps, if Vietnam. AFGHANISTAN, Africa Etc would be amazing! I'm one if those still rooting in DICES corner, we fall to pick ourselves up guys. Let's GO!

Example in the video how it can start

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a big doubt current Dice can pull it off. Seems like an unreasonably hard task for them.
  • OskooI_007
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flying the F-14 Tomcat sounds fun. I saw one do a flyby with it's afterburners on and it was so loud it shook everything on the ground.
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i think they should develop a war on terrorism fps.  a game which also details the history and key points of terrorism around the world.  ira, farcc, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, taleban... etc... etc....  some people won't be happy however if your role in a single player or multiplayer game is a terrorist.  as in, an authentic representation.

you know where to send the cheque.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 30
    CoD is a franchise that is big enough to sustain itself through brand/name recognition alone. Even the dumpster fire that was Infinite Warfare went onto become the best selling game of 2016

Battlefield, whether you like it or not, is not on the same calibre as CoD. DICE will have to put in twice the amount of work to regain people's trust after the mediocrity (and that's putting it kindly) of BFV. 
  • LJBattlefield
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 31
    CoD is a franchise that is big enough to sustain itself through brand/name recognition alone. Even the dumpster fire that was Infinite Warfare went onto become the best selling game of 2016

Battlefield, whether you like it or not, is not on the same calibre as CoD. DICE will have to put in twice the amount of work to regain people's trust after the mediocrity (and that's putting it kindly) of BFV. 
    It's possible, they'd have to totally dump campaign, BR, small team esports, all the tacked on stuff which screws with design cohesion and resources, make a pure-to-core 64 player multiplayer sandbox, sacrifice 27 goats to the Frostbite gods in order to get Crossplay working, then maybe.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is extremely impressive, not just from a Battlefield perspective, just in general in terms of quality, value etc, it's one of the VERY few games which made me go "This was only $60..."  I'll be surprised if  COD: Cold War can even match its value.  It deserves every penny of sales it gets.

I can't say the same for BFV, it feels like it likely broke even on the back of extreme shilling, or maybe EA even turned a nice penny, the aggressive Youtube / Reddit control might have saved the franchise from being ghosted entirely, however I see I'm not the only one who feels there's a massive chasm between what COD is now and how relegated BF is.

Would like to see some BF leadership shakeup at DICE, I don't think the core decisions being made are very good ones, marketing can only get you so far for so long, sooner or later you have to actually deliver something worthwhile.

There are rumors of vehicles etc in Cold War, Activision can smell the weak leadership and state of BF, and will capitalize on it, again.

Frostbite needs to be dropped entirely.

• CRAZY_EVAN1
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    can you send us freebies.
  • Toxic_CA
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I dont think anyone said that a cold war gone hot game would be bad, or that the cold war is a bad setting for a battlefield game

This new cod compared to MW looks dated anyways.