The Quality of Player

Confucius_o_
1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
It's abysmal.

No ammo drops, no heals or revives, tanks hanging back farming kills instead of supporting the FO, no spotting, snipers that don't even carry flares, moan moan moan.
I've not long come back to BF1 and I really want to enjoy it. Can anyone suggest a decent server (pref Euro) with players that play the game?

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's abysmal.

No ammo drops, no heals or revives, tanks hanging back farming kills instead of supporting the FO, no spotting, snipers that don't even carry flares, moan moan moan.
    I've not long come back to BF1 and I really want to enjoy it. Can anyone suggest a decent server (pref Euro) with players that play the game?

Welcome back to BF1! Most servers are like this now, it's a bummer for sure.
  • TheNoobPolice
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly why attempting to force teamwork through resource distribution is the most 'out of touch with user of product' situation I have ever seen from any developer.
  • Confucius_o_
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    More like the current user of the product doesn't understand the fundamentals of the game compared to the original user of the product. To paraphrase your own (strange) style. 

It wasn't always like the way it is now, it's not new to the BF series nor unique to BF1.

• TheGM86
    916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get friends or forever enjoy the never ending parade of bads.
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2
    Actually this is one of things that seems better in BFV. Whenever I return to BFV, I'm amazed by the number of ammo-pouches/health-pouches/revives you get in that game. Somehow Dice has improved this (not that it is perfect, but still better than earlier games).

But I mainly play BF4 and that is even worse than BF1. Getting ammo from supports are almost impossible (and in general there are too few support-players in BF4) and the same goes for health (but at least there are more medics).

And the sound is so poor in BF4 (foot-steps, vehicles) that flanking is way too easy, so a lot of players just run around 'rambo-style' instead of helping their team (and just going for K/D).
  • TheGM86
    916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Actually this is one of things that seems better in BFV. Whenever I return to BFV, I'm amazed by the number of ammo-pouches/health-pouches/revives you get in that game. Somehow Dice has improved this (not that it is perfect, but still better than earlier games).
    8/10 trolling. delusional lies are the best.

• CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 3
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:

I'm being very serious. People are dropping more ammo/health and giving more revives in BFV than in BF1 and BF4. That is not to say that BFV is a better game in any way, but that is one thing that works better than older BF-titles.

But this has always been a part of BF-games. You often encounter squads/clans that only help their squadmates and not other teammates, they do PTFO, but are still bad teamplayers.
  • TheGM86
    CSO7777 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:

I'm being very serious.
    8.8/10 mega troll COOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

See how they stat blatant lies and falsehoods but it a total straight manner. this how trolling is done folks.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Exactly why attempting to force teamwork through resource distribution is the most 'out of touch with user of product' situation I have ever seen from any developer.
    That is a very underrated post. Good point well made.....
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:

I'm being very serious.
    8.8/10 mega troll COOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

See how they stat blatant lies and falsehoods but it a total straight manner. this how trolling is done folks.
    lol - and another great post. This is surely not serious. 
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can understand why new players don’t throw out ammo and health seeing they are still learning the game. Experienced player on the other hand why wouldn’t they, ammo and health mean points and a teammate with no ammo or low health isn’t going to be that much help to you capturing any flags.

It’s also great when you see a spotting flare go wide and it lands in the middle of no where. If a player can’t hit a flag with a flare what are the chances they are going to be any good at covering your back with a sniper rifle?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It’s also great when you see a spotting flare go wide and it lands in the middle of no where. If a player can’t hit a flag with a flare what are the chances they are going to be any good at covering your back with a sniper rifle?

What you are seeing there is someone who also plays BFV and forgets how the flares work in BF1.

Guilty as charged 🙃
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What you are seeing there is someone who also plays BFV and forgets how the flares work in BF1.

Guilty as charged 🙃
    I suppose some of them could be BFV refugees.
  • IKobi_Blade
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CSO7777 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:

I'm being very serious. People are dropping more ammo/health and giving more revives in BFV than in BF1 and BF4. That is not to say that BFV is a better game in any way, but that is one thing that works better than older BF-titles.

But this has always been a part of BF-games. You often encounter squads/clans that only help their squadmates and not other teammates, they do PTFO, but are still bad teamplayers.
    Should be obvious why, as Veteran Players moved to BFV.

I personally still playing BF1, but will eventually move as well, as time passes more and more cheaters will join BF1 to the point it's unplayable (like it happened with BF3 and BF4 before).
  • CSO7777
    edited September 9
    CSO7777 said:
    TheGM86 said:
    CSO7777 said:

Should be obvious why, as Veteran Players moved to BFV.

I personally still playing BF1, but will eventually move as well, as time passes more and more cheaters will join BF1 to the point it's unplayable (like it happened with BF3 and BF4 before).
    BF4 is actually pretty good at the moment its only RSP (often with admins) and the games seems pretty "clean". You sometimes encounter "weird" things, but every time I play BF1/BFV, I have even more "weird" things happening.
  • JudasCaesar
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I can understand why new players don’t throw out ammo and health seeing they are still learning the game. Experienced player on the other hand why wouldn’t they, ammo and health mean points and a teammate with no ammo or low health isn’t going to be that much help to you capturing any flags.

ill be honest i have seen some great BF1 PC players on steam, but they seem so focused on themselves that they don't 1) spot enemies 2) drop health ) 3) drop ammo.  

i remember seeing a guy on stream that is a great player, but i asked him on stream why he doesn't spot the enemies..  he honestly replied back, that he just forgots to most of the times.  i've seen other really good players that don't drop health pouches for their teammates when their icon indicates they need health and you can see that they are not on full health.  same with giving out ammo when a teammate has an indicator stating that they  need ammo.  

i don't know if its a sense of elitist that these 'blueberries' aren't worth your time; yet when the scripted is reversed, the streamer is screaming at the medic and/or support not dropping health or ammo after constant requests.  seems a bit hypocritical.  

i'm a cavalry main, and when my cooldown is up and im not in relative danger i always drop ammo and health packs to scouts and assaults teammates, so i can refill their flares and the assaults anti-tank kits.  
  • KBAYSTSB
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only realised that the FT tank could drop ammo and health a few weeks ago; and I'm level 150.
  • HANSGRUBER30

ill be honest i have seen some great BF1 PC players on steam, but they seem so focused on themselves that they don't 1) spot enemies 2) drop health ) 3) drop ammo.  

i remember seeing a guy on stream that is a great player, but i asked him on stream why he doesn't spot the enemies..  he honestly replied back, that he just forgots to most of the times.  i've seen other really good players that don't drop health pouches for their teammates when their icon indicates they need health and you can see that they are not on full health.  same with giving out ammo when a teammate has an indicator stating that they  need ammo.  

i don't know if its a sense of elitist that these 'blueberries' aren't worth your time; yet when the scripted is reversed, the streamer is screaming at the medic and/or support not dropping health or ammo after constant requests.  seems a bit hypocritical.  

i'm a cavalry main, and when my cooldown is up and im not in relative danger i always drop ammo and health packs to scouts and assaults teammates, so i can refill their flares and the assaults anti-tank kits.  
    I've defiantly seen streamers act like how you've described, being a medic main I can't stand seeing a medics ignore heals and revives when watching a game player. As you say it's probably down to elitism

KBAYSTSB said:
    I only realised that the FT tank could drop ammo and health a few weeks ago; and I'm level 150.
    The FT-17 support tank is my favourite tank just got to watch out for them bigger tanks.
  • MorningTimeCloud
    288 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @HANSGRUBER30 Fixed your above post. Got flagged as spam for some reason.
  • CSO7777

Most streamers lone-wolf and play very 'selfish'. But they make a living by showing kill-streaks, flanks etc. And to be honest seeing a video of a player reviving and throwing meds/ammo is not as fun as seeing a lot of kills.

The problem is when new players think that is how to play of the game, because they've seen popular streamers doing this.