Bf5 ruined my favorite gun the Lewis gun

matt50015
76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The Lewis gun was my favorite gun on bf5 and I took a break from playing bf5 for a while and came back to  it recently and they have ruined the Lewis gun. It now recoils so much that is completely uncontrollable even when laying down and using the bipod in a prone position. They have also made it do less damage to people per bullet. They need to fix this gun and put it back to how it was.


Comments

  • WebsterHyperion
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My FG42. :(
  • tempo_rarity
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dr.Browning says : 

    Breaks from the Game are well-known to have nasty side-effects .
    They can cause sudden bouts of knowledge accumulation which can be perceived at first as being part of a newly unadaptable and untreatable condition .
    To me , the only 'workable' treatment in this particular case is to change the 'they to an 'i' in that last sentence .

    (no affiliation to the makers of the m1919) 
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    matt50015 said:

    The Lewis gun was my favorite gun on bf5 and I took a break from playing bf5 for a while and came back to  it recently and they have ruined the Lewis gun. It now recoils so much that is completely uncontrollable even when laying down and using the bipod in a prone position. They have also made it do less damage to people per bullet. They need to fix this gun and put it back to how it was.


    Must have been a very long break...

    They didn't change weapons after the 'revert' from the TTK-nerf. That happened in march...
  • DaMutha1
    1454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Install aimbot, that seems to fix it for a bunch of folks
  • ragnarok013
    3877 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DaMutha1 said:
    Install aimbot, that seems to fix it for a bunch of folks

    DaMutha1 let's not encourage people to violate the rules.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a whole, I find automatic weapons to be lacking at range in general, even landing all of my shots. 7 bullets past 50 meters makes it seem like shots are doing nothing, but it is the current ttk. In order to work at range, you need mildly high rof. Have you considered the FG42 or Madsen(6 btk at range)?
  • xKusagamix
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis gun is ruined? Did you see how hilarious the Chauchat is?
  • PSJackman4
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    haha Mg-42 go BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR
  • AngrySquid270
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis was ridiculous early in BFV. Probably the best pub stomping gun in the game. I felt dirty using it. Huge mag, minimal recoil, decent TTK.

    It got the nerf it deserved.
  • 123loreni
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    whats TTK?
  • ElliotLH
    9542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    123loreni wrote: »
    whats TTK?

    Time to kill. As in how long it takes to kill someone.
  • matt50015
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    matt50015 said:

    The Lewis gun was my favorite gun on bf5 and I took a break from playing bf5 for a while and came back to  it recently and they have ruined the Lewis gun. It now recoils so much that is completely uncontrollable even when laying down and using the bipod in a prone position. They have also made it do less damage to people per bullet. They need to fix this gun and put it back to how it was.


    Must have been a very long break...

    They didn't change weapons after the 'revert' from the TTK-nerf. That happened in march...

    The last time I played this game was before March yes. So it is confirmed then that they increased the recoil and decreased the power?


  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    haha Mg-42 go BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR

    I love hipfire adsing that beast
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    matt50015 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The last time I played this game was before March yes. So it is confirmed then that they increased the recoil and decreased the power?

    Extra bullet at 50m, needing 7.
    I think even 6 was a bit much.
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    matt50015 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The last time I played this game was before March yes. So it is confirmed then that they increased the recoil and decreased the power?

    Extra bullet at 50m, needing 7.
    I think even 6 was a bit much.
    Between december 19 and march 20 the TTK was higher than it is now, but instead the guns had almost no recoil at all. In march Dice lowered the TTK again to almost pre TTK-nerf-levels and increased the recoil to levels before the TTK-nerf, they even added some more randomness to recoil in march, so recoil now is the "worst" it has ever been.
  • PSJackman4
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    haha Mg-42 go BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR

    I love hipfire adsing that beast
    Its a frickin machine of a gun. Its so much fun to mow people down while being on top of the train on Rotterdam. I working on gettin the full gold camp for it  :D  
  • 123loreni
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't find that gun to be that effective. With 3x zoom I'd prefer Bren most of the times.
  • xKusagamix
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    haha Mg-42 go BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR

    I love hipfire adsing that beast
    Its a frickin machine of a gun. Its so much fun to mow people down while being on top of the train on Rotterdam. I working on gettin the full gold camp for it  :D  
    Too bad that they nerfed the hip fire accuracy stat in Multiplayer to MMGs, you can find it far more effective when hip firing in Combine Arms.
  • PSJackman4
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    haha Mg-42 go BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR

    I love hipfire adsing that beast
    Its a frickin machine of a gun. Its so much fun to mow people down while being on top of the train on Rotterdam. I working on gettin the full gold camp for it  :D  
    Too bad that they nerfed the hip fire accuracy stat in Multiplayer to MMGs, you can find it far more effective when hip firing in Combine Arms.
    Yeah I realized that too, the gun is still fun to use
Sign In or Register to comment.