i3 9100f GTX 1080 bad fps and mini fps drops.

therealmofog
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
got myself an i3 9100f, gtx 1080 8gb oc, 16gb ddr4 ram 2400mhz dual channel, brand new evga 600w psu, h310m h2.0 last bios,  Kingston 240GB SSD and for some reason bf 1 is running worse than when i used to have an i3 6100 with a gtx 1060 6gb and only 8gb of ddr4 ram 2133mhz along with the a evga 500w psu. I already used DDU and every driver is up to date. Is this some kind of bottleneck or what? cpu 100% all the time and gpu won't go over 50%, temperatures are cpu 42-65 , gpu costant 68-72, tried running from low to ultra, basically the same fps.

Comments

• therealmofog
    edited September 12
    Btw rdr 2 running on high-ultra settings 50-70 fps cpu usage is damn fine and gpu also, 80-100 % both. Star wars battlefront 2 is also running just fine on ultra with good gpu and cpu usage around 100 fps.
  • therealmofog
    Well now i tried dx 12 and it actually helped a lot with the fps, and i mean A LOT, 70 fps on ultra 1080p , but now there's a little bit of stuttering. Hope someone knows any fix to this it's boring me out
  • m1k3ol
    873 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Well now i tried dx 12 and it actually helped a lot with the fps, and i mean A LOT, 70 fps on ultra 1080p , but now there's a little bit of stuttering. Hope someone knows any fix to this it's boring me out
    the DX12 thing is known, that's why many stay in DX11

it's interesting you're having better performance on DX12 and not 11, it's usually the other way around for most players

maybe it's some settings that need adjustment?, something else in your system?

I remember there was something regarding future frame rendering, and having your nvidia control panel options set to "performance"

• Titan_Awaken
    1283 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    cpu 100% all the time and gpu won't go over 50%, temperatures are cpu 42-65 , gpu costant 68-72, tried running from low to ultra, basically the same fps.
    There you go, there's your problem: CPU bottleneck.

Ain't much you can do except upgrade.
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also think that the CPU is the bottleneck, but nevertheless please try the freeware tool ISLC with default settings running in background and check if your stuttering gets better with it.
  • IKobi_Blade
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 12
    As the others said and I agree, you have a CPU bottleneck, that CPU is low end and you using a high-end GPU.

You need at least a mid range CPU for optimal performance with that GPU, it also depends on the resolution you play at (the higher the resolution the better in your case).
    m1k3ol said:
    the DX12 thing is known, that's why many stay in DX11

it's interesting you're having better performance on DX12 and not 11, it's usually the other way around for most players

maybe it's some settings that need adjustment?, something else in your system?

I remember there was something regarding future frame rendering, and having your nvidia control panel options set to "performance"

To be fair most players lack the tech knowledge to know DirectX12 needs to build a shader cache as you play (it will stutter on weaker builds), but after that, it will perform overall better than DirectX11.
  • therealmofog
    Damn, this is really really weird, i'm aware dx 11 runs better in most cases, but this time not for me. Dx 12 is running just fine the fps is fine even on ultra, seems to have fixed cpu and gpu usage, both fine rn, but again, stutters a little bit at the first minutes of the match. Dude, this is so weird. Dx 11 runs so bad it's incredible, it shouldn't be like this. Well, anyways guys thanks for the help i guess i can survive a little stuttering, thank y'all. But if any of you know any fixes please let me know. Can't afford to buy a new cpu atm, any workaround please let me know.