70-90FPS on Medium Settings with DX12 OFF, RTX OFF at 1080p on RTX 2060

nitishanand94
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I built a PC last week & installed BFV today and been getting around 70-90 fps. (It's fluctuating a lot between this).
My specs are:
Zotac RTX 2060 
Ryzen 5 3600X
16GB DDR4 3200Mhz (Although it's using 2667Mhz or something)
1TB Crucial P1 SSD

Is this normal? Because I don't think so.

Comments

• spychodelics
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give us some Screenshots of your BFV Graphicsettings. 
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    If you read reviews of the 2060 you should have higher frames than that.

Are your RAM running dual channel (2 sticks in the right slots on the motherboard)? You can check this with CPU-Z.

You should be able to run your memory at 3200Mhz, Ryzen likes fast RAM. Check your bios for XMP / DOCP settings. And make sure you've got the latest bios for your motherboard, memory combability is improved in newer bios-versions.

Try using DX12 instead, it will stutter for a while, but after having played all the maps once, the stutter will go away and the game runs very smooth. For me the game runs best with DX12 (have used both a GTX1080 and a RTX2080TI).
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make sure future frame rendering is on
  • Hawxxeye
    7747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 15
    A bit offtopic but had you considered waiting a 1-2 months for RTX 3060?
    In any case it would be good if we could get some screenshots of your graphical settings.
    BFV is a badly optimized game