BF6 wish list.

AnEejit
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi all thought i'd make a thread so you can all add to the wish list in hopes dice gets some valuable community input. 

So my one thing i would like to add to the wish list is that BF6 has five classes up from four. 

In past battlefields one class has been a sort of  " hybrid " class. Eg BF4 assault could be either an all out killing machine, a full out medic or a mix of the two.  Or in BF1 and BFV engineer felt like it was lazily tacked onto support at the last minute. 

All the other classes are built for one thing and to do it well, so to have one class that can be " this or that " just never agreed with me. 

So classes/loadouts would be: ( gadgets used from BF4 )

Assault: ARs, SMGs, DMRs & Shotguns.
Slot 1. M320 ( all variants ), M26 ( all variants ).
Slot 2. Unguided RPGs, C4, DS- Decoy.
Grenades ( all variants ).

Medic: Carbines, SMGs, DMRs & Shotguns. Defibrillator ( not an equipable gadget just a default ability )
Slot 1.  First Aid Pack, Medic bag.
Slot 2. M18 Claymore, Motion Sensor, XM25 ( all variants ), DS- Decoy.

Engineer: Carbines, SMGs, DMRs & Shotguns. Repair tool ( not an equipable gadget just a default ability ) 
Slot 1. AT mine, M2 Slam.
Slot 2. EOD Bot, AA Mine, Lock-on/guided RPGs, MAV, DS- Decoy.

Support: LMGs, SMGs, DMRs & Shotguns.
Slot 1. Ammo Pack , Ammo Box , M224 Mortar.
Slot 2. M18 claymore, C4, MP-APS, UCAV, Sheild, DS- Decoy.

Recon: Snipers, SMGs, DMRs & Shotguns.
Slot 1. PLD, Motion Sensor, Radio Beacon, SOFLAM, T-UGS.
Slot 2. SUAV, C4, M18 Claymore, DS- Decoy.

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

• Dead-Sync
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Heck, I'd be willing to see more of a move towards Battlefield 2-era: up to 7 classes, with more specialized roles. However yeah, I'm fine with 5 or 6 classes too.

I get why the class system got simplified (as early as BF2142 if I recall), but I also think class-based mechanics in shooters is no longer a "scary thing". In fact, class-based roles are becoming popular! Look at Apex Legends and the fact that each hero is a little bit different. Look at RPGs with their vast number of classes.

As long as DICE can provide more customization within each class, I think it can be a really cool thing to do, and offer more avenues of "progression" as you work to build up your various classes. Give each class it's own rich progression for weapons AND cosmetics, and now you've fused some RPG class-based themes into Battlefield's rich class system.

It's not a "make or break" for me or anything, but yeah, I'm all for more classes with specialized roles.
  • Dead-Sync
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As for my own wishlist....

Not too picky. I actually passed on BF5 so I'm just itching to get the next Battlefield, I miss Conquest! I'll probably get it no matter what (although I may not get a BF3 Remaster if that rumor pans out being true).

Ideally though? Modern, Semi-Futuristic, or Futuristic (2142-era) setting would be ideal. I think DICE is too talented with adding gadgets and vehicles and weaponry to feel shoehorned a bit into the historical setting. I'm glad BF1 happened, but I think it's time to go "Back to the Future!" or well, back to modern day at least.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why classes should have symmetric loadouts? Keeping class roles simple would for me mean specific loadouts for each of them but having multiple classes instead of four heavily customisable. Customisation breaks class boundaries to the point where things start to overlap with one of another which dilutes the idea of class itself. Best example is Support kit if you look its design. There should be better sense in customisation and class role differation. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want medic back with AR like it should be.