A way to make it up to fans

BaronVonGoon
7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 16
Dice doesn't really owe us anything but it would be in their best interest to keep us interested and happy. Would be nice if on day 1 release of the new consoles they also released an enhanced version/enhancement patch for BFV rather than make us wait 6 months.

Not holding my breath but it would make alot of us want to fire up BFV on the new consoles.

This obviously doesn't do anything for the PC crowd but maybe appease them in other ways.

If they don't do anything then our next taste of real content maybe the BF6 Alpha in June probably.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think BFV for the next gen is planned right now. Maybe Dice will port it at some point but I'm pretty sure they are focused on the net BF game which will use resources of the new consoles to the maximum.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think BFV for the next gen is planned right now. Maybe Dice will port it at some point but I'm pretty sure they are focused on the net BF game which will use resources of the new consoles to the maximum.

Ouch. That means if one sells their ps4/Xbox1 there won't be any shooters on the new consoles other than COD probably.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ouch. That means if one sells their ps4/Xbox1 there won't be any shooters on the new consoles other than COD probably.

buying a new console doesnt mean you have to sell the current one you have. they are not even that expensive.
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Dice could probably make a patch and bring the console version "on par" with the PC-version (graphic-wise). This would of course require some resources, but it should be doable and most of the work would just be "tweaking" the graphical settings of the console-version. I don't know how the code is made, but the Xbox already runs a special version of Windows 10 and as I understand it even uses DirectX 12 technologies (at least the next gen does).

But in theory, they could just 'dial up'' the graphic settings and make the game look nicer with "minimal" work...
  • Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    While awesome, I do actually think an enhanced version would take more resources than most people think. First of all, I think people underestimate just how much removal of unnecessary stuff and tweaking to the specific hardware goes into making a console game. All that tweaking need to be undone and all the graphics underlying graphics stuff etc. that was taken out but needs to be put back in to make the "enhanced edition" enhanced and then you need to retweak it all. Then you need to change some of the backend and servers to handle another platform and make sure this doesn't introduce errors and bugs for the already existing platforms. The menu and its systems will probably need to be redone in many places.
    All this will ofc. make a bunch of bugs occur that will make it require a bunch of time in Q&A.

I will also imagine the work with making an enhanced edition make better sense if you are at a certain place within the development cycle of the current game you are developing. A place where your game is not finished enough to begin testing some things with the new console but your old game is usable and you can use that to learn some lessons for the new game.

There we go, karma in the world. The needle on the spectrum of speculation of how hard an enhanced edition will be to make is now back closer to the middle.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also, a console can change HOW the code is run. There is a reason ps3&4 don't run ps1&2 games. The structure is inherrently different. Many new things have been added, and I suspect new consoles will work very differently, and it would be akin to going from playstation to xbox.
  • Toxic_CA
    951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather they just focus on getting the next game right
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well during Sony's event yesterday, they announced some "fan favorite games from PS4" will be available on PS5 and that list included BF1.
    So if BFV ever comes for the next gen, it's up to Dice to make enhanced version. 
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks like 99 percent of ps4 games will work on ps5
  • emerson1975
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They already have a version that compares well to the pc on Xbox one x.
    Maybe they could just port from that
  • GrizzGolf
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice doesn't really owe us anything but it would be in their best interest to keep us interested and happy. Would be nice if on day 1 release of the new consoles they also released an enhanced version/enhancement patch for BFV rather than make us wait 6 months.

Not holding my breath but it would make alot of us want to fire up BFV on the new consoles.

This obviously doesn't do anything for the PC crowd but maybe appease them in other ways.

If they don't do anything then our next taste of real content maybe the BF6 Alpha in June probably.

Or a BF3 remastered 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not buying another copy of BF5 at all.  I'm switching from XBOX1 to PS5 the way it is.  Not back tracking buying any old BF's.  Not even sure i'll buy the next Battlefield late 2021 or early 2022.  Probably have larger player lobbies and more bad pings and bad netcoding and hitreg and out of region players and nerfed weapons right away.  I'm not buying the ported Rainbow Six Siege either since i'm jumping ship.  None of my stats would carry over from XBOX1 to PS5.  Not starting over at zero rank and who knows what characters are unlocked right away.  Not in no hurry now for a PS5 yet since I haven't heard any Socom rumors either now.
  • BtheReaper49
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I'm not buying another copy of BF5 at all.  I'm switching from XBOX1 to PS5 the way it is.  Not back tracking buying any old BF's.  Not even sure i'll buy the next Battlefield late 2021 or early 2022.  Probably have larger player lobbies and more bad pings and bad netcoding and hitreg and out of region players and nerfed weapons right away.  I'm not buying the ported Rainbow Six Siege either since i'm jumping ship.  None of my stats would carry over from XBOX1 to PS5.  Not starting over at zero rank and who knows what characters are unlocked right away.  Not in no hurry now for a PS5 yet since I haven't heard any Socom rumors either now.

Hmmm...I'm curious. Why the jump from XBox to PS5? Larger playerbase, exclusive games, etc?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Also, a console can change HOW the code is run. There is a reason ps3&4 don't run ps1&2 games. The structure is inherrently different. Many new things have been added, and I suspect new consoles will work very differently, and it would be akin to going from playstation to xbox.
    How much more memory/system, etc...does it take to emulate a system than to run the system itself?  Dot he PS 3 and/or PS 4 have enough memory to possibly load an emulated PS 1 and/or PS 2 operating system?  (rather than just running old versions of the games)
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Imagine if they have crossplay, so PC users can play with XBOne and PS 5 users.
  • Hawxxeye
    7747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 18
    An amazing BF6 is the only way to redeem themselves at this point.
    Lots of AAA dev studios are stuck in  a loop of hubris where they think they can repeat the things that went wrong in the past (several times) and that they will get them right this time. I want the devs to break that cycle of failure.
    The World of Warcraft Devs are about to repeat a critical mistake for the 3rd  expansion in a row for example
  • ashar_saleem121
    1391 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sony is giving away BF1 as part of PS plus (among other "generation defining" games) at launch of PS5. That should (hopefully) renew interest in BF1 and probably required DICE to sign off on it.

As far as BFV goes, I think with the backwards compatibility, you can play BFV on PS5 anyway
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Hmmm...I'm curious. Why the jump from XBox to PS5? Larger playerbase, exclusive games, etc?

I had XBOX LIVE and 360 and XBOX1 close to 11 years.  Mainly only liked third party games.  Only exclusive I mildly cared for on XBOX1 is State of decay 2.  But still gets stale fast.  I rather go back to Sony and hope for Socom.  Also I already had PS1,PS2,PS3.  But sold PS3 since I needed the money to fix the car at the time  Also had more games on the 360 since I had that system longer at the time.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The next bf should have a reaard for players who play bfv for a certain time duration. At 1,000 hours, let's say, you $20 of ingame currency or something?
    That way, anyone who supported bfv longer than EA gets a reward of sorts.
  • BaronVonGoon
    I can't wait for the Demon's Souls remaster on PS5.