Beta for "EA Desktop" - will Battlelog still work?

CSO7777
2015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2020
I have signed up for the beta of the new Origin client (EA Desktop).

Does anybody know whether Battlelog will work with the new client from EA?

I guess it has to, otherwise BF3 will be dead (BF4 still has a UI)...

I have tried googling for this, but can't seem to find any information regarding this.

Comments

• Carbonic
    1970 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2020
    It's still very much in EARLY BETA so it's hard to tell. But my guess is that it's being worked on as BF3 is still not on the BETA (games are added little by little).
    I've tried to download BF4 to test Battlelog myself but have issues downloading it atm.

EDIT:
    Got Battlefield 4 installed. Battlelog integration seems locked to Origin and not EA Desktop for now but that might just be because supporting both clients at the same time is not possible and it will have to happen once EA Desktop is released and Origin is retired. In short, time will tell.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • ragnarok013
    3940 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Carbonic said:
    It's still very much in EARLY BETA so it's hard to tell. But my guess is that it's being worked on as BF3 is still not on the BETA (games are added little by little).
    I've tried to download BF4 to test Battlelog myself but have issues downloading it atm.

EDIT:
    Got Battlefield 4 installed. Battlelog integration seems locked to Origin and not EA Desktop for now but that might just be because supporting both clients at the same time is not possible and it will have to happen once EA Desktop is released and Origin is retired. In short, time will tell.

Carbonic thanks for running that down, I asked the question in the announcement chat but never received an answer.
  • CSO7777
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2020
    Carbonic said:

EDIT:
    Thanks, I will pass on the beta for now, unless it can coexist with Origin(?).

Hope you are right about Battlelog still working after Origin is closed, without the "Better Battlelog-plugin" in Battlelog, BF4 can be pretty annoying...
    Post edited by CSO7777 on
  • Carbonic
    1970 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CSO7777 said:
    Carbonic said:

EDIT:
    Thanks, I will pass on the beta for now, unless it can coexist with Origin(?).

Hope you are right, without the "Better Battlelog plugin" in Battlelog, BF4 can be pretty annoying...
    You can have both installed no problem. Do however remember that EA Desktop is early EARLY beta.