Kicked by PunkBuster constantly bf4

NebualaxyKush
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2020
So I recently bought battlefield 3,4,1 and 5 for pc as I am swapping over from console.
However I keep getting kicked less than 5 minutes into a game for every game I try and play. 
I have no idea why this is happening and the only message I get when I'm kicked is 'Kicked by PunkBuster' back in the menu screen, the same message as if you were kicked by an admin.
Would the fact I bought through steam and then steam boots up origin to then boot up the game be causing this? Almost like it's thinking steam is trying to bypass a legit origin account or a legit game purchase?
The only other thing someone has mentioned to me is that it could be all the steam workshop mods I have downloaded for Arma 3? But I doubt that would interfere?
I don't want to keep playing and end up getting my account banned. I'm really lost as to what I can do to fix this, can anyone help or had similar issues?

Edit: this is with Battlefield 4, I tested Battlefield V and have been playing since posting and no issues
Post edited by NebualaxyKush on

Comments

• thefirepainter
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have the same trouble with battlefield 4 - i've not played it in years, and just updated it via Origin - now i keep getting kicked by Punkbuster - what is it and why is it doing this   
  • StarscreamUK
    7590 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    launch battlefield 4 from battlelog ( https://battlelog.battlefield.com/ ) when launching from there it will show you the full reason for the kick (in game launcher doesn't).  then post back with the message.

• NebualaxyKush
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It all runs fine that way, didn't get kicked 
  • StarscreamUK
    7590 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @thefirepainter your soldier has 8minutes and 16 seconds of playtime, no kills or anything.....  So have you played under another name?  The only other thing I can think is you did something that warranted an account reset?
  • emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2020
    People need to install the latest version of punk buster and add bf4 to its list!
    For some bizarre reason bf4 is still running on the outdated version
  • StarscreamUK
    there are other issues too such as no packet flow, hence the reason for asking to launch from Battlelog as it will give the full error message.
  • NebualaxyKush
    @emerson1975 How do I add battlefield to punkbuster? I downloaded it from the website but not sure what to do next

• StarscreamUK
    download pbsetup from http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/W/gui/pbsetup.zip
    extract it
    run it (I usually do it as Administrator) and click Add Game
    it will usually fill in the game location (if not have to do that manually)
    then install
    It will then update the punkbuster client files.
  • NebualaxyKush
    Thank you bud (: