Battlefield 6 ideas

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I want a modern setting 
  • armorcrazy
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KEEP THE M1911 SIDEARM IN THE GAME because it’s a useful sidearm, it a good pistol, it is very flexible, it looks great, and even though it’s not overpowered it’s still my favorite gun in all of Battlefield
  • Acloud_BR
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello friends, how are you all?

I'm an old player in the BF series, I started in the first game of the franchise and I would like to bring some ideas that I believe are good for BF6.

It's just my opinion, you can add or modify, let's try to create a concept of what we believe would look good in the next game.

Battlefield 6

Multiplayer

* 100 - 150 players 50X50 - 75×75

* Domination - Points are added with kill and objectives

(New progression)

* Return of levolution + dynamic climate (day / night, snow, rain)

Classes

1-Special forces

Sub-class: Infiltrator - Silent weapons + C4

Equipment: Sub-machine guns + C4 + Hooks + abseiling rope

uniform / skins - infiltration + night + diving

Perks: Silent steps + silent finishing

2- Engineer

Subclass: Hacker - hacks vehicles + P.E.M

Equipment: Shotgun + Sub + Hacker tools + P.E.M mines

Perk: Delisgar vehicles + Hacker tools

3- Anti Vehicles

Sublcasse demolition - Bombardment with mortar + RPG + Traps

Equipment: RPG + Javelin + Frag + Incendiaries + Mines

Perk: Explosive resistance + Car bomb

4- Sniper
    Subclass (Spy / eagle eye) Sniper + drone + Binocular + Camouflage
    Equipment: Sniper + Claymores + drone + Camouflage
    Perk: Camouflage + Spot sight

5 - Support - Machine gun / shotguns
    Subclass- (Trench) - Barricade
    Equipment: Ammo box + Shield + Weapon mounted
    Perk: Physical resistance + pillbox

6 - Medic - Sub / rifle
    Subclass: (survivor) - Medical kit + healing drone + syringe
    Equipment: Medical kit + drone + healing + syringe
    Perk: Healing + self healing

7- Assault
    Subclass- (soldier hunter)
    Equipment: anti tank grenade + anti soldier grenade
    Perk: Anti-Vest Ammo + Grenade Launcher
    Commander:

Function: Control the supported tactical map.

Bombing - UV - Scam - Artillery - Supplies - Weapons - Vehicles

Bombing - missiles - napal - Artillery- hacker attack

Your points are earned using commands with the squad leaders and tactical support for the team.
    The commander walks back through the game as well as in battlefield 2.

Battleroyale

Levolution multiplayer
    Map.
    Large with forests, city, port, several houses and buildings.

All destructive map with frostbite + climate changes - (day and night) Rain - snowstorm

All of this with levolution events - Great falls of buildings, floods, avalanches.
    (Most provoked by players.)

Day and night affect visibility.

(release night equipment and heat)
    Buildings, shops, houses - All this is exploitable and destructive.

Levolution - falls from buildings - houses - earthquakes - avalanches - floods.

Each game will be different and the game more dynamic.
    Weapons and vehicles scattered across the map.
    Cars - motorcycles - helicopters - jet ski - speedboats - tanks

missions earn B.P - Battle Points
    Battle points buy weapons - Vehicles - relive time - Vests - predefined kits

By killing enemies you gain the B.P he had.

B.P buy Bombing-artillery - tomawhank
    (Bombings destroy the scene)
    Everything is destructive

Characters

All characters from the story mode of previous and unpublished games
    (did someone call dun's wife?).
    Battle pass
    Important to keep the game alive with new content and without having to sell DLC.

New characters - Weapons - Skins - Vehicles - Personal cards

Gameplay mechanics

Characters don't hang on the curb. (Seriously)

They lift their feet and legs naturally.
    Climbing mechanics
    Medium walls - fences - easy alone

To reach higher places, the player can hold an action button, thereby pushing the other player up.

The top player can hold the action button and pull the bottom player.

Please make sure the soldiers are soldiers and don't get stuck like those in COD who don't jump over a small wall and look like lego toys.

Mechanics of dragging the companion.

Mechanics of reviving companion in BR.
    When a soldier is knocked down he has time to be healed, when the time is zero or another player attacks him on the ground he dies and his items stay on the ground and his B.P goes to whoever killed him.

Your companions can buy a syringe to relive that companion in one of the several vending machines on the map, but it needs to be injected into your body and right there it comes back to life.

He doesn't come back on the plane.
    My question is whether someone can or should be revived more than once or perhaps include a luck factor.

Example: The player died a second time and when injecting the syringe he has a chance of being revived or having an overdose indicating that it is not possible for him to return.

Loot

Weapons, armor, ammunition, thermal and night vision goggles, gas mask, drones, shields, hacker tools, climbing hooks, landmines and anti-soldier, various grenades.

Finishing from behind and on lying and downed enemies.
    Progression
    Progression is very important.

I love filling XP bars and points and looking forward to releasing new things in the game.

I thought of the progression as follows:
    Upon completing missions you gain quest xp and have a progression window and items.
    When making kills you get another type of xp that will release another progression window with other items.

It is possible to win both at the same time in matches, even the most camper of the camper needs to move if he wants to unlock everything in the game.

Each different progression whether by missions or kills will unlock characters, weapons, skins ...
    but they will be different items in each of the two progressions.
    These are some ideas that I believe would be interesting for the game.
    Give your opinion and let's talk.
    I believe that the next game is going to be great, regarding graphics there is no denying that the dice is overcome with each game.

I really want to see this added to interesting new gameplay mechanics in multiplayer and a BR.

One tip is that if possible, who only wants the MP without the BR that is possible to download separately.
    The same for those who want only the BR.
    And a great campaign that when you finish it you unlock characters for MP and BR.
    What is your opinion?
    If I remember or think of something else I write here =)
  • armorcrazy
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Acloud_BR wrote: »

I'm an old player in the BF series, I started in the first game of the franchise and I would like to bring some ideas that I believe are good for BF6.

It's just my opinion, you can add or modify, let's try to create a concept of what we believe would look good in the next game.

Battlefield 6

Multiplayer

(New progression)

Classes

1-Special forces

2- Engineer

3- Anti Vehicles

4- Sniper

6 - Medic - Sub / rifle

7- Assault
    Commander:

Your points are earned using commands with the squad leaders and tactical support for the team.

Battleroyale

Levolution multiplayer
    Map.

All destructive map with frostbite + climate changes - (day and night) Rain - snowstorm

All of this with levolution events - Great falls of buildings, floods, avalanches.

Characters

Battle pass
    Important to keep the game alive with new content and without having to sell DLC.

Gameplay mechanics

Climbing mechanics

To reach higher places, the player can hold an action button, thereby pushing the other player up.

Please make sure the soldiers are soldiers and don't get stuck like those in COD who don't jump over a small wall and look like lego toys.

When a soldier is knocked down he has time to be healed, when the time is zero or another player attacks him on the ground he dies and his items stay on the ground and his B.P goes to whoever killed him.

Your companions can buy a syringe to relive that companion in one of the several vending machines on the map, but it needs to be injected into your body and right there it comes back to life.

My question is whether someone can or should be revived more than once or perhaps include a luck factor.

Example: The player died a second time and when injecting the syringe he has a chance of being revived or having an overdose indicating that it is not possible for him to return.

Loot

Weapons, armor, ammunition, thermal and night vision goggles, gas mask, drones, shields, hacker tools, climbing hooks, landmines and anti-soldier, various grenades.

Progression

I love filling XP bars and points and looking forward to releasing new things in the game.

Upon completing missions you gain quest xp and have a progression window and items.
    When making kills you get another type of xp that will release another progression window with other items.

It is possible to win both at the same time in matches, even the most camper of the camper needs to move if he wants to unlock everything in the game.

Each different progression whether by missions or kills will unlock characters, weapons, skins ...
    I believe that the next game is going to be great, regarding graphics there is no denying that the dice is overcome with each game.

I really want to see this added to interesting new gameplay mechanics in multiplayer and a BR.

One tip is that if possible, who only wants the MP without the BR that is possible to download separately.
    And a great campaign that when you finish it you unlock characters for MP and BR.
    What is your opinion?

All pf this is very very good but a couple of things just for starters I’ve only played Bad Company, Bad Company 2, BF3, BFH, BF4, BF1, and BFV and by the looks of it all of those games were limited to four classes but with the recent release of the classes for BF6 being Infantry, Assault, Medic, Engineer, and Sniper it’s safe to assume the Spec ops and Anti Vehical classes mentioned here are going to be the Assault class while the current role of Assault in BFV will be adopted by the new Infantry class and Support and Engineer will both be in BF6’s Engineer class with Medic remaining the same as in BFV and Sniper just getting a name change from BFV’s Scout. My other comment is on the revive/overdose system in battle royale: I think it elegantly replaces the Gulag from Call of Duty: Warzone, the revive points of Apex Legends, and the revival system of Fortnite but the chance of overdose needs to be lower than revive not equal because 1). The chances of a trained soldier giving an overdose to his teammate are low and 2). The overdose aspect if too high of a percentage will annoy players and we’ll end up with Firestorm all over again so there needs to be a 70-30 relationship with the ladder being the overdose chance, so as to keep overdose a very real possibility but it doesn’t annoy people and lead people away. My final edit to this post is more of an addon because this person didn’t mention anything about how the campagin should be but did say there needs to be one. My beliefs are that the campagin needs to be set up in the same format as BF1 and BFV with the War Stories (FYI I do not no much about the setting of the Korean War) taking place over every theatre of war but each war story needs yo have an in depth background explaining what’s happening and attaching us to the characters for an example of what not to do the war story “Nordlys” in BFV difn’t have mich in the way of character explaination making the mother’s death dry and forgettable but all of this to make the point that we need more backstory. Each War Story needs to be structured like BFH’s story with a plethora of collectables that when found give you in game rewards for not just completeing the war story but finding everything in the war story to keep people intrested and maybe every now and then add a new war story with a new reward and don’t put out everything immediately. Now the one thing this post mentioned about the campagin was rewards but that was the extent of it I want to try to clarify this by stating the natures of these rewards: as I already mentioned there needs to be a reward for fully completeing every aspect of the war story but these rewards shouldn’t be worthless or overpowered the need to be more customizable than any other weapon if BFV and they need to be a powerhouse for each class like maybe a minigun for Engineer or a Sniper with a 10 or 15x scope but these weapons are fully customizable, using the sniper as an example, you can change the reticle, silence it, change the muzzle, change the skin, change the type of sniper, change the stock, change the grip, or add a laser as you progress with the gun and these reward guns will take the places of elite classes and I’m just throwing out ideas but a Flamethrower for Infantry, a Rocket Launcher for Assault, a Spec Ops SMG for Medic, a Minigun for Engineer, and a 13x Sniper Rifle for Sniper. These will be customizations for the weapons: the flamethrower should have choices for choke, color of flame, grip, sights, and skin; the Rocket Launcher should have customizable grip, scope, homing (with timing),skin, rocket type, and chamber; the SMG should have rate of fire (higher RoF decrease in damage output), mag size, skin, grip, sights, muzzle, and silencer; the Minigun should have barrels, grip, mag size, size (bigger=you slow down and cosmetic only), and skin; and the Sniper should have reticle, silence it, change the muzzle, change the skin, change the type of sniper, change the stock, change the grip, or add a laser. Finally, each change in thesse weapons should be unlockable by weapon progression and not all available immediatly and any skins need to be bought in a separate shop accessible from the weapon for skins and any other purchasable customizations and since it’s EA we are talking about probably purchasable progression to.
  • Lootussoturi
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    Acloud_BR said:

Classes

1-Special forces

2- Engineer

3- Anti Vehicles

4- Sniper

6 - Medic - Sub / rifle

7- Assault
    Commander:

I agree that we need more soldier classes in game, better distinguishable characteristics and role differation in them. What I would propose are different base stats for each class where their suppression resistance, explosive blast resistance, armor rating, sprint fatigue, detection time, footstep audio level and combat evasiveness (faster sprint when under fire) would be predefined attributes. I would also make squad leader and commander standalone classes as well as pilots, sailors and tankers. That would mean total of 7 infantry, 3 vehicle and 2 leadership classes which starts to look like a proper Battlefield to me :)
  • Lootussoturi
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For health regeneration, I would like to see a system where you would carry few health pouches in your loadout but to use them you would need to manually heal yourself for few seconds in healing animation instead of press of button. This together with larger maps would help to have downtime in game when you aren't constantly chasing next enemy. I think these modern shooters have blurred lines of engagement and disengagement so much that if you are seen stationary for few seconds, you are getting called out for being a camper. Camping/defending/playing conservatively is legit playstyle which has counters.
  • trip1ex
    5292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    comedy gold 3 posts above where the wall of text  replies to the excessively long, overly spaced out list
  • Acloud_BR
    I agree that we need more soldier classes in game, better distinguishable characteristics and role differation in them. What I would propose are different base stats for each class where their suppression resistance, explosive blast resistance, armor rating, sprint fatigue, detection time, footstep audio level and combat evasiveness (faster sprint when under fire) would be predefined attributes. I would also make squad leader and commander standalone classes as well as pilots, sailors and tankers. That would mean total of 7 infantry, 3 vehicle and 2 leadership classes which starts to look like a proper Battlefield to me :)

I played Battlefield 2 a lot.
    The game had 7 classes in addition to the commander which could be any of the classes but with unique commands ...
    I believe that in addition to increasing the diversity and variety of characters per battle, this will make us more willing to unlock new items, progression is very important.

I like your idea of the different statuses for each class.

I would also like a campaign that, when completed, would bring new items for multiplayer and battleroyale.
  • M1ck3y-XIX-
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For bf6 keep

BFV:
    Mechanics, streak, mode core with faster ttk,

BF4:
    A random evolution, maps, customisation,

BF3
    The game balance, and maps, the gunplay.
  • Acloud_BR
    armorcrazy wrote: »
    Acloud_BR wrote: »

Battlefield 6

Multiplayer

(New progression)

Classes

1-Special forces

2- Engineer

3- Anti Vehicles

4- Sniper

6 - Medic - Sub / rifle

7- Assault
    Commander:

Battleroyale

Levolution multiplayer
    Map.

Characters

Battle pass

Gameplay mechanics

Climbing mechanics

Loot

Progression

What is your opinion?

All pf this is very very good but a couple of things just for starters I’ve only played Bad Company, Bad Company 2, BF3, BFH, BF4, BF1, and BFV and by the looks of it all of those games were limited to four classes but with the recent release of the classes for BF6 being Infantry, Assault, Medic, Engineer, and Sniper it’s safe to assume the Spec ops and Anti Vehical classes mentioned here are going to be the Assault class while the current role of Assault in BFV will be adopted by the new Infantry class and Support and Engineer will both be in BF6’s Engineer class with Medic remaining the same as in BFV and Sniper just getting a name change from BFV’s Scout. My other comment is on the revive/overdose system in battle royale: I think it elegantly replaces the Gulag from Call of Duty: Warzone, the revive points of Apex Legends, and the revival system of Fortnite but the chance of overdose needs to be lower than revive not equal because 1). The chances of a trained soldier giving an overdose to his teammate are low and 2). The overdose aspect if too high of a percentage will annoy players and we’ll end up with Firestorm all over again so there needs to be a 70-30 relationship with the ladder being the overdose chance, so as to keep overdose a very real possibility but it doesn’t annoy people and lead people away. My final edit to this post is more of an addon because this person didn’t mention anything about how the campagin should be but did say there needs to be one. My beliefs are that the campagin needs to be set up in the same format as BF1 and BFV with the War Stories (FYI I do not no much about the setting of the Korean War) taking place over every theatre of war but each war story needs yo have an in depth background explaining what’s happening and attaching us to the characters for an example of what not to do the war story “Nordlys” in BFV difn’t have mich in the way of character explaination making the mother’s death dry and forgettable but all of this to make the point that we need more backstory. Each War Story needs to be structured like BFH’s story with a plethora of collectables that when found give you in game rewards for not just completeing the war story but finding everything in the war story to keep people intrested and maybe every now and then add a new war story with a new reward and don’t put out everything immediately. Now the one thing this post mentioned about the campagin was rewards but that was the extent of it I want to try to clarify this by stating the natures of these rewards: as I already mentioned there needs to be a reward for fully completeing every aspect of the war story but these rewards shouldn’t be worthless or overpowered the need to be more customizable than any other weapon if BFV and they need to be a powerhouse for each class like maybe a minigun for Engineer or a Sniper with a 10 or 15x scope but these weapons are fully customizable, using the sniper as an example, you can change the reticle, silence it, change the muzzle, change the skin, change the type of sniper, change the stock, change the grip, or add a laser as you progress with the gun and these reward guns will take the places of elite classes and I’m just throwing out ideas but a Flamethrower for Infantry, a Rocket Launcher for Assault, a Spec Ops SMG for Medic, a Minigun for Engineer, and a 13x Sniper Rifle for Sniper. These will be customizations for the weapons: the flamethrower should have choices for choke, color of flame, grip, sights, and skin; the Rocket Launcher should have customizable grip, scope, homing (with timing),skin, rocket type, and chamber; the SMG should have rate of fire (higher RoF decrease in damage output), mag size, skin, grip, sights, muzzle, and silencer; the Minigun should have barrels, grip, mag size, size (bigger=you slow down and cosmetic only), and skin; and the Sniper should have reticle, silence it, change the muzzle, change the skin, change the type of sniper, change the stock, change the grip, or add a laser. Finally, each change in thesse weapons should be unlockable by weapon progression and not all available immediatly and any skins need to be bought in a separate shop accessible from the weapon for skins and any other purchasable customizations and since it’s EA we are talking about probably purchasable progression to.

Thanks

Exactly, it would be a variant for the gulag.
    I agree with you about the campaign, I myself like to play campaigns and finish them.
    I believe that when playing the story mode the player should receive weapons, characters from the campaign for multiplayer / battleroyale and other intens ...

I would really like there to be 4 types of progression in the game.

Campaign - character skin - Weapons

Multiplayer / battleroyale kill progression - weapons, characters, accessories ...

Progression through multiplayer and battleroyale missions - weapons, characters, upgrades

Pass the battle to keep the game monetized and not need paid dlcs.

All 4 progressions unlock different items from each other and have XP bars that the player can follow within matches and on the game home.

I would like all weapons to have customization and where it is possible and is real.
    Unlike the CoD, which only fits 5 items even though there is room for other teams (I always thought this was too forced and ridiculous).

Perhaps EA should think about keeping the new battleroyale dynamic and permanent.
    At this point it should imitate the COD but with the theme and gameplay of the Battlefield series.
  • SkaenkHunt
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dont make battle royale. this is battlefield ffs. u can release it as F2P for kids to play. And DON'T go political. People are tired of this HSIT. Personally I would like cold war times, no flying drones, no IRNV. Just do it with love that you've always been putting in this game (until BFV)
  • armorcrazy
    SkaenkHunt wrote: »
    Dont make battle royale. this is battlefield ffs. u can release it as F2P for kids to play. And DON'T go political. People are tired of this HSIT. Personally I would like cold war times, no flying drones, no IRNV. Just do it with love that you've always been putting in this game (until BFV)

Not that this isn’t a terrible, awful idea which it’s not but I disagree. I think if Dice perfects a battle royale it should be in there even if it’s not perfect but still fun. The game also isn’t like Fortnite in the sense that they can’t make it free and expect money from buying company coins the have to add a cost to the game to actually gain money especially when you consider the amount of money spent on making BF6. I agree with the political but to my knowledge this is an unbased accusation as Dice has never been political about things before if anything we need them to be more political to explain the backstory. Also sorry to burst your bubble, but the game has been all but confirmed to be Korean War based and not Cold War but in this I agree. I would love to see a Cold War based Battlefield game in the future.
  • maskedocelot
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There was a sentence on the wikipedia suggesting they felt focusing on singleplayer rather than firestorm was a mistake so we may not get a singleplayer. Though putting something that's normally free behind a paywall doesn't seem sensible.

I'd like to see grand ops get more attention in battlefield 6 than V and more in line with 1, V had no visual between rounds like a map and had way too much downtime between rounds and also had the games only between round team shuffle, exactly where you didn't want 1 (before the 3 rounds had ended). So for 6 I'd like to see it go back to being a more story based mode tying the pvp maps together which I felt it was in 1.

Cosmetics for me in V were most fun from the levelling to 20 for the classes so seeing more cosmetics unlock through passive gameplay would be good, though I'm not a fan of assignments. Maybe pistol/gadget cosmetics/customisation like the bad company grenade.
    If we get something akin to ribbons and medals again could we have a way to display them on clothing like on caps/tops. Dogtags.

Keep the way silencer sounds work.
    Make the player movement actually match the gunplay design. Why did we have fast movement and sliding in a game with low bullet velocities?
    Guns with a perceived kick/blowback.

Have a tutorial/index that tells people fiddly game mechanics, like weak spots on vehicles, rolling, lock ons, reversing stabs, how to aim bombs. Things I never have time to figure out or read during normal gameplay.

I think this might be contentious but since in normal gameplay people don't use their gadgets/spec stuff, I would spread everything across all classes eg. Every class has a ranged explosive, every class has a spotting option, every class has a melee explosive. Taking ranged explosive it could go short range strong, long range weak, anti air, indirect. Rather than shoving every explosive option onto the 1 class. For me the more people who can get involved in the game and do things the more of a teamplay feel there is and the more I feel like there're actual people on the map. BFV is an example of trying to make that teamplay compulsory through reliance on others for a certain thing and it makes it a very lonely game.
  • Lootussoturi

I think this might be contentious but since in normal gameplay people don't use their gadgets/spec stuff, I would spread everything across all classes eg. Every class has a ranged explosive, every class has a spotting option, every class has a melee explosive. Taking ranged explosive it could go short range strong, long range weak, anti air, indirect. Rather than shoving every explosive option onto the 1 class. For me the more people who can get involved in the game and do things the more of a teamplay feel there is and the more I feel like there're actual people on the map. BFV is an example of trying to make that teamplay compulsory through reliance on others for a certain thing and it makes it a very lonely game.
    Anti-armor soldier class should be powerful in taking armor down but limited in effectiveness against infantry which is purpose of assault class (which is weak in taking armor down). Medical, ammo and repair stations are there for making gameplay less reliant on basic supplies but I see that there should be a point of having all of these classes. Why to even then need classes if there's no point of having synergy and co-operation between them?

Reason why Battlefield has become a lonely game is a drastic change of mentality in playerbase which doesn't take Battlefield franchise as a co-operative shooter but much rather as an egoshooter where own performance is more important than trying to win a match as a squad and a team. I believe most randoms don't even give orders as a squad leader because they don't know or care what that position means because this game doesn't taught players to play it properly nor it highlights well enough that you're in position of authority. In-game communications are also poor: commo and tactical roses and ping marker system are underdeveloped. It should arise from a lore of franchise that there's no "I" in the team :smile:
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KEEP THE M1911 SIDEARM IN THE GAME because it’s a useful sidearm, it a good pistol, it is very flexible, it looks great, and even though it’s not overpowered it’s still my favorite gun in all of Battlefield
    Is there a game that doesn't have this?
  • Lootussoturi
    edited December 2020
    Edit: Deleted that quickly made concept. I am not fan of it when looking at it afterwards. I just hope DICE can bring up new character class dynamics which would be distinguishable from one another and have a specific role on the squad and on the team.
    Post edited by Lootussoturi on
  • Acloud_BR
    If in all simplicity they would go back to have more classes, I would personally propose following as a very basic skeleton for modern era title:

Assault: Assault rifles/Battle rifles
    Role: Frontline breacher
    Gadget 1: Underbarrelled grenade launchers/ Underbarrelled shotguns
    Gadget 2: Zipline/ Grappling hook

Medic: Rifle carbines
    Role: Assaulting support
    Gadget 1: Defibrillator / Quick revive needle
    Gadget 2: Med pouches/Med bag

Engineer: SMGs/ Shotguns
    Role: Defensive support
    Gadget 1: Ammo crate/ Ammo pouches
    Gadget 2: Multipurpose wrench/ Vehicle power drill
    Gadget 3: Emplacement turret/ Mortar
    Inventory: Disarmed explosives (When equiping multipurpose wrench, can disarm enemy explosives and re-use them against enemies)

Special forces: Sound suppressed carbines/ Special purpose rifles
    Role: Stealth operations
    Gadget 1: Laser designator/ Spy drone
    Gadget 2: C4/ Sabotage explosive kit
    Gadget 3: Radio spawn beacon/ Signal jammer

Anti-Tank: SMGs/Shotguns
    Role: Tank hunter
    Gadget 1: Dumb fire AT launcher/ Wire-guided AT launcher / Top attack AT launcher
    Gadget 2: AT mines/ Magnetic charges
    Gear: Flackjacket vest
    Sidenote: Air warfare is counter by emplacements on the map which engineer can repair.

Support: Machine guns/ Sniper rifles / Designated marksman rifles 
    Role: Defender 
    Gadget 1: AP mines/ Proximity alarm sensor / Decoy
    Gadget 2: Reinforced fortifications kit / Trophy system

It is perfect.
    I would like to see the return of these classes to the franchise.
    With this new easter egg on BfV ... there are several rumors that the next game will be more like BF2.
    It would also be great to return to commander mode.
    I hope there is a lot of customization of weapons, characters with an interesting progression.
    All of this with better levolutions and a new frostbite running smooth.
    Dream haha
  • Lootussoturi
    Acloud_BR said:
    If in all simplicity they would go back to have more classes, I would personally propose following as a very basic skeleton for modern era title:

Assault: Assault rifles/Battle rifles
    Role: Frontline breacher
    Gadget 1: Underbarrelled grenade launchers/ Underbarrelled shotguns
    Gadget 2: Zipline/ Grappling hook

Medic: Rifle carbines
    Role: Assaulting support
    Gadget 1: Defibrillator / Quick revive needle
    Gadget 2: Med pouches/Med bag

Engineer: SMGs/ Shotguns
    Role: Defensive support
    Gadget 1: Ammo crate/ Ammo pouches
    Gadget 2: Multipurpose wrench/ Vehicle power drill
    Gadget 3: Emplacement turret/ Mortar
    Inventory: Disarmed explosives (When equiping multipurpose wrench, can disarm enemy explosives and re-use them against enemies)

Special forces: Sound suppressed carbines/ Special purpose rifles
    Role: Stealth operations
    Gadget 1: Laser designator/ Spy drone
    Gadget 2: C4/ Sabotage explosive kit
    Gadget 3: Radio spawn beacon/ Signal jammer

Anti-Tank: SMGs/Shotguns
    Role: Tank hunter
    Gadget 1: Dumb fire AT launcher/ Wire-guided AT launcher / Top attack AT launcher
    Gadget 2: AT mines/ Magnetic charges
    Gear: Flackjacket vest
    Sidenote: Air warfare is counter by emplacements on the map which engineer can repair.

Support: Machine guns/ Sniper rifles / Designated marksman rifles 
    Role: Defender 
    Gadget 1: AP mines/ Proximity alarm sensor / Decoy
    Gadget 2: Reinforced fortifications kit / Trophy system

It is perfect.
    I would like to see the return of these classes to the franchise.
    With this new easter egg on BfV ... there are several rumors that the next game will be more like BF2.
    It would also be great to return to commander mode.
    I hope there is a lot of customization of weapons, characters with an interesting progression.
    All of this with better levolutions and a new frostbite running smooth.
    Dream haha
    Commander who is on the field defending his assets on the home base from enemy special forces like in Battlefield 2 would be dream coming true for me. As a console player we haven't had that type of home base defending, only in Bad Company series. I just wonder how current audience would adapt to that and how Commander mode should be implemented. I personally didn't like the "God mode" in Battlefield 4. There must be ways for infantry classes to prevent Commander being dominant. That's the whole thrill of having powerful assets and being defensive of them.
  • Acloud_BR
    Commander who is on the field defending his assets on the home base from enemy special forces like in Battlefield 2 would be dream coming true for me. As a console player we haven't had that type of home base defending, only in Bad Company series. I just wonder how current audience would adapt to that and how Commander mode should be implemented. I personally didn't like the "God mode" in Battlefield 4. There must be ways for infantry classes to prevent Commander being dominant. That's the whole thrill of having powerful assets and being defensive of them.

I am a console player.
    And I played Bf2 a lot on the PC and I thought it was fantastic to have to defend or repair the artillery ... I would like to see it with new types of air strikes, bombs, missiles ...
    In addition, the commander had an interesting tactical window, I remember that if he started walking on the battlefield beyond the base, the players would expel this commander because with each death of him the team lost its benefits.
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me want WW1, WW2, Vietnam, or futuristic.

Anything but the overdone modern shooters. I will only buy a modern BF game IF it brings something unique to the table, like more factions such as Germany, Britain, France, South Korea, etc. instead of China v. Russia v. USA.