Battlefield 6 ideas

Comments

• armorcrazy
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Add-on to the last comment, Swedish tanks, planes, and ships were in War Thunder so with permission DICE could use some of those
  • armorcrazy
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    What I disliked about BF5

-Game loads into a single player mission (first load), without ever asking the user.
    -Too many visual effects running on MP maps.
    -Characters make too much noise (yelling, screaming etc).
    -Too much aim assist (users can spam ADS around bushes and lock onto someone, very easy and common).
    -Getting in and out of vehicles is slow (not needed animation).
    -Linear maps MP (a ton of places the user can't go or get to. Out of bounds locations).
    -Massively limited attachments and /or gadgets.
    -Machine Guns can't ADS without being prone and/ or mounted.
    -Limited health regen (75% max).
    -Reviving done without medic class gadget.
    -Only the squad leader gets to use the points.
    -Feels like Battlefront (very casual feeling)
    -Building tool

What I enjoyed about BF5

-Very easy to set controls (controller).
    -User is able to disable most video effects (Motion blur, DOF, Lens Flare etc).
    -DLC not behind paywall

As you can see, I only liked some basic controls settings, and DLC not being locked out from everyone being able to experience, this is wrong. I think DICE changed mindsets when they started making Battlefront titles. They took a semi casual experience like Battlefield and made it full on casual. Using a MG in Battlefield 5 feels like I'm in Battlefront using the heavy class. They also oddly market their game engine like it's Gucci and/ or Giorgio Armani.  " Frostbite for Her, by DICE an EA subsidiary " Cool down the marketing Dice, I get it, the game is made by the same engine. It's almost a warning sign at this point. You see a game with the Frostbite logo, you can say the game will be dead in 6 - 12 months.

What I would like to see for Battlefield 6.* No classes
      If the game didn't have classes it should create a lot of possibilities for DICE the user and the game in the long run. One of those possibilities is DICE not updating one class because it has something over powered (less wasted resources on balance issues). DICE would spend more time on things like bugs, map updates, new in game items etc. Another aspect of removal of the class system would also let the user feel they have a choice. Choice in picking what they want, when they want should be the focus.

(This could be taken a step further by either having two primary weapons and/ or allowing changing of attachments while ingame. If the user had access to 2 primary weapons, I would expect most would have a short range and long range weapon. This could help with people getting caught out in the open with the wrong weapon class. On the other side if users could use attachments while ingame, This could also do the same effect. I also wouldn't mind having both abilities. 2 primary weapons while also being able to change attachments on the fly could make users feel the need to play over making loadouts in the menu.

* No suppression type effects (visual blur, points etc).
    One major reason I dislike the suppression

effect is it can show the location of players just by spraying loads of bullets. If BF6 is going to be a modern shooter, then someone with a machine gun with a suppressor can just spray countless bullets to find players.

* No scope flashlight

visual effect (scope glint).
      This creates more issues than it fixes. I don't enjoy it on both sides.

* No aim assist (Controllers).
    I'm a controller user who can't stand this assist. I would rather play versus a mouse & keyboard user just because they miss more than an aim assisted controller user. I can't even try to play halo games because of how bad aim assist is. Anyone ever wonder why most Halo pros are only good at Halo? Aim assist...

* Vehicles spawn
    Vehicles should load on the map. Players should have to move to the location to use them. People should be in game to get something, not just menu camp.

*  Spotting
    Something like Apex Legends, Easy to use.

I honestly just want a sandbox set in the modern era while also having iconic weapons and gadgets. Classes might be iconic to Battlefield, but it was at one point just common how games were made. It's been a while since the first time I started playing the series with Battlefield 2 modern combat for the first Xbox. I just want the same sandbox that game had.

Sorry on the tangent back on topic, older Battlefield games have this sandbox feel you want but they still have classes the whole reason the classes work is because it gives more content and reasons to keep playing because each classes requires progression. Also classes kind of create Battlefield and it’s what DICE shines at since both Battlefront and Battlefield have classes . It also allows players to fluidly switch their playstyle in seconds. Loadouts can also get overly complicated in that you have a pool of everything in the game to choose from and I will constantly find myself spending hours on end to get my loadouts right and I do that in the very beginning on Battlefield because of how specific the classes are and I really don’t ever do it again. Battlefield needs to have classes otherwise like LotusNinja said earlier Battlefield will become Call of Duty
  • Lootussoturi
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OPSEC wrote: »
    I'mma need a source on that statement.

Sorry for misleading yall I should have said it’s more of a rumor but now I’m doubting that it’s even true if you listen to the theme concept (which I will link) it sounds more apocalyptic in the future so maybe a reboot of BF2142

Link to BF6 Main Theme Concept:
    Thank you. There are a lot of rumors and outright fanfiction fan concepts flying around so everything must be taken with pinch of salt :)
  • Lootussoturi
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Lotusninja_Akira said:
    So you would like to see Battlefield turning into Call of Duty, basically? I hope that day never arrives. Classes are most unexplored component of the franchise :)
    Actually I always thought Call of Duty has become more Battlefield in recent years then the other way around. Call of Duty started as a class mechanic type game just like everything in that time period, but it's definitely not the same game it was. Why should Battlefield suffer just because of nostalgia?

Battlefield (to me) has nothing to do with classes, I look at that as a limitation. I always liked the series for its freedom i.e. Sandbox environments.

Now that's only speaking for titles like Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, I didn't get this same feeling for Hardline, BF1, BF5.

I also don't look at the removal of classes as removing anything, but more as opening up the possibilities of the series. If DICE was clever, they could still have auto classes in the game.

Let's say someone picks and equips attachments and weapons that one recognizes with a support class in current Battlefield titles. The game could automatically make their character a support class because that user picked those items.

What this would do is open up for the user to be what they want, plus kind of keep the class system.

I just never liked that I would be forced to use a certain class because it had a weapon I would use.
    Class system builds complementary synergy dynamic in the game where each class has a purpose and strengths & weaknesses. That's one of the reasons I like Battlefield over Call of Duty's create a class system. Create a class fits for a game which doesn't aim for co-operative experience. If Battlefield would want to evolve to egoshooter genre then abolishing classes would be right step to take.
    I don't know of this "complementary synergy dynamic" you speak of. Every shooter I have ever played I always just looked at it like people controlling an ingame character, shooting at others.

I don't read into video games at all, even if the developers intended for it (It's why I quit playing Apex because it had too much story/ lore lol). I could be missing your point, so my bad if I did.

Understand I have played more Battlefield then Call of Duty currently  (I think I'm over 200K kills or something). Just because of this I'm not biased, Call of Duty has been fun the last couple of years to be honest, and more so than Battlefield has (my opinion). Even in that opinion, I don't wish for Battlefield to become COD and vice versa.

I just don't see why removing a limitation (classes) would make Battlefield more Call of Duty. I always thought games should go with the times, not stay in the past. I also don't understand why Battlefield couldn't have an auto class system like I stated in my previous post.

You pick from a list of gadgets and weapons etc, and the game just automatically assigns you a class. This way no items and weapons are locked behind a class system, plus people who like the classes can have it. Why wouldn't this work?
    I try to find deeper meaning out of things I am interested in. Many looks for the surface of the things and that's okay just remember that there's so called philosophy behind everything designed :)
  • Popa2caps
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Lotusninja_Akira said:
    So you would like to see Battlefield turning into Call of Duty, basically? I hope that day never arrives. Classes are most unexplored component of the franchise :)
    Actually I always thought Call of Duty has become more Battlefield in recent years then the other way around. Call of Duty started as a class mechanic type game just like everything in that time period, but it's definitely not the same game it was. Why should Battlefield suffer just because of nostalgia?

Battlefield (to me) has nothing to do with classes, I look at that as a limitation. I always liked the series for its freedom i.e. Sandbox environments.

Now that's only speaking for titles like Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, I didn't get this same feeling for Hardline, BF1, BF5.

I also don't look at the removal of classes as removing anything, but more as opening up the possibilities of the series. If DICE was clever, they could still have auto classes in the game.

Let's say someone picks and equips attachments and weapons that one recognizes with a support class in current Battlefield titles. The game could automatically make their character a support class because that user picked those items.

What this would do is open up for the user to be what they want, plus kind of keep the class system.

I just never liked that I would be forced to use a certain class because it had a weapon I would use.
    Class system builds complementary synergy dynamic in the game where each class has a purpose and strengths & weaknesses. That's one of the reasons I like Battlefield over Call of Duty's create a class system. Create a class fits for a game which doesn't aim for co-operative experience. If Battlefield would want to evolve to egoshooter genre then abolishing classes would be right step to take.
    I don't know of this "complementary synergy dynamic" you speak of. Every shooter I have ever played I always just looked at it like people controlling an ingame character, shooting at others.

I don't read into video games at all, even if the developers intended for it (It's why I quit playing Apex because it had too much story/ lore lol). I could be missing your point, so my bad if I did.

Understand I have played more Battlefield then Call of Duty currently  (I think I'm over 200K kills or something). Just because of this I'm not biased, Call of Duty has been fun the last couple of years to be honest, and more so than Battlefield has (my opinion). Even in that opinion, I don't wish for Battlefield to become COD and vice versa.

I just don't see why removing a limitation (classes) would make Battlefield more Call of Duty. I always thought games should go with the times, not stay in the past. I also don't understand why Battlefield couldn't have an auto class system like I stated in my previous post.

You pick from a list of gadgets and weapons etc, and the game just automatically assigns you a class. This way no items and weapons are locked behind a class system, plus people who like the classes can have it. Why wouldn't this work?
    I try to find deeper meaning out of things I am interested in. Many looks for the surface of the things and that's okay just remember that there's so called philosophy behind everything designed :)
    In video games I always try to find out why something was placed in a specific location. Like, why a developer placed one object here, and not there. COD MW has boxes in odd places that will allow a keen eye player to reach different spots. In BF3 and 4 I noticed things like the pathways of cover for specific advantages etc.

I honestly think it's funny for people to say things like, Oh, you want Battlefield to be more Call of Duty... I'm not here defending brands, and/ or companies, I'm not on the payroll, Drink Pepsi....and/ or Dr Pepper, do whatever you want.

I play video games, period. When I say "video games", I mean a relaxing personal experience I can't get anywhere else (personal opinion). If a competitor's title has a better offering for my personal tastes, I'll play that.  I won't patiently wait for a company to get their creative ideas together, I got better things to do in this world.

If it was up to me, I would have made Battlefield into Chrome Hounds port with PUBG graphics. I would have also removed frostbite engine, aim assist and motion blur from every DICE developer. but that's me.

• Lootussoturi
    Custom emblem editor should be brought back. I miss personalised emblems.
  • Lootussoturi
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Lotusninja_Akira said:

In video games I always try to find out why something was placed in a specific location. Like, why a developer placed one object here, and not there. COD MW has boxes in odd places that will allow a keen eye player to reach different spots. In BF3 and 4 I noticed things like the pathways of cover for specific advantages etc.

I honestly think it's funny for people to say things like, Oh, you want Battlefield to be more Call of Duty... I'm not here defending brands, and/ or companies, I'm not on the payroll, Drink Pepsi....and/ or Dr Pepper, do whatever you want.

I play video games, period. When I say "video games", I mean a relaxing personal experience I can't get anywhere else (personal opinion). If a competitor's title has a better offering for my personal tastes, I'll play that.  I won't patiently wait for a company to get their creative ideas together, I got better things to do in this world.

If it was up to me, I would have made Battlefield into Chrome Hounds port with PUBG graphics. I would have also removed frostbite engine, aim assist and motion blur from every DICE developer. but that's me.

Sorry, I didn't mean my comment of becoming Call of Duty as an obnoxious remark. Rather the feeling that DICE actively chases CoD community with their design choices and is sacrificing their own franchise' identity in the process. Developement should be done but within a design framework of what game is all about.

Former EA CEO back in BF3 days said that Battlefield 3 directly competes against MW3. Since then gameplay tempo has increased which could be just general trend within gaming that players want instant-constant action just like in Call of Duty. Infantry focus have been since Battlefield Hardline leaving combined arms vehicle gameplay to lesser position which is "un-Battlefieldic" IMO. Removal of class system from this PoV sounds like attempt of trying to attract Call of Duty community.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Popa2caps said:
    Lotusninja_Akira said:

Sorry, I didn't mean my comment of becoming Call of Duty as an obnoxious remark. Rather the feeling that DICE actively chases CoD community with their design choices and is sacrificing their own franchise' identity in the process. Developement should be done but within a design framework of what game is all about.

Former EA CEO back in BF3 days said that Battlefield 3 directly competes against MW3. Since then gameplay tempo has increased which could be just general trend within gaming that players want instant-constant action just like in Call of Duty. Infantry focus have been since Battlefield Hardline leaving combined arms vehicle gameplay to lesser position which is "un-Battlefieldic" IMO. Removal of class system from this PoV sounds like attempt of trying to attract Call of Duty community.
    Funny thing, BF1 was the most un-COD-like BF game ever made and it was also the best selling BF-game to date. BF1 has a lot of things I'm not a fan of, but the general pacing was "slow" (without going totally SWBF) and it worked well.

Personally I still like BF4 the most though, even though it's probably the most COD-like BF-game made to date. It is still the BF game that can be most fun and rewarding to play.

And most of BFVs problems is not being a COD-clone, everything just went wrong for Dice and the game ended up in a mess. The biggest BFV-COD-element are reinforcements and that is (imho) part of the problem (rockets/arty - becomes annoying/boring pretty fast), but BFV has more issues than that.
  • armorcrazy
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Funny thing, BF1 was the most un-COD-like BF game ever made and it was also the best selling BF-game to date. BF1 has a lot of things I'm not a fan of, but the general pacing was "slow" (without going totally SWBF) and it worked well.

Personally I still like BF4 the most though, even though it's probably the most COD-like BF-game made to date. It is still the BF game that can be most fun and rewarding to play.

And most of BFVs problems is not being a COD-clone, everything just went wrong for Dice and the game ended up in a mess. The biggest BFV-COD-element are reinforcements and that is (imho) part of the problem (rockets/arty - becomes annoying/boring pretty fast), but BFV has more issues than that.

I agree BF1 is the opposite of CoD and in my opinion it’s almost a perfect game. For proof of CSO7777’s point, I like BF1 the best, BF4 I still love but not nearly as much as BF1 and BFV, and BFV comes in second. I see and acknowledge BFV’s many problems but I still like it because it’s more Battlefield-like than BF4 not to say BF4 doesn’t have some Battlefield aspects I mean it did introduce levelution. More on topic though, my wants in a shooter seem to be opposite of CSO7777 and our opinions are the exact opposite which also proves how much Battlefield would suffer if BF6 was more CoD oriented than Battlefield oriented
  • AIPoweredOperative
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Maybe a few sort of training modes, to get used to BF6's mechanics and such. Small sort of "VR" simulation battles against bots, friends, etc. Nothing impressive, just to learn how things operate.

Battlefield has always been a slower game, and I think we should keep that in mind. Maybe add provisos for customizing weapons more deeply, and even soldier "attachments." Being able to equip different pieces of armour, different webgear for different playstyles, there's a lot of options out there I think.

Further, I think that we might want to look at really nailing BF6's launch. DICE has always had rocky starts, from BF4 to BF5. A good launch will give developers breathing room and more time to focus tweaking arms/vehicles.

And as a final courtesy... Separate downloads. High end graphical packages can be chosen to not be downloaded perhaps. The downloading process should generally be fast and snappy, and the game should run on even middle ground hardware.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

I agree BF1 is the opposite of CoD and in my opinion it’s almost a perfect game. For proof of CSO7777’s point, I like BF1 the best, BF4 I still love but not nearly as much as BF1 and BFV, and BFV comes in second. I see and acknowledge BFV’s many problems but I still like it because it’s more Battlefield-like than BF4 not to say BF4 doesn’t have some Battlefield aspects I mean it did introduce levelution. More on topic though, my wants in a shooter seem to be opposite of CSO7777 and our opinions are the exact opposite which also proves how much Battlefield would suffer if BF6 was more CoD oriented than Battlefield oriented
    I don't want BF to be COD, that's not why I like BF4...

I think the movement in BFV is a little too fast, especially ADAD-spam shouldn't be part of BF-games and it is worst in BFV (even worse than BF4).

For me BFV did a lot of good things (gun-play, movement works on obstacles/terrain and feels fluid, etc etc), the problem is that the game is not fun to play. BF4 was fun, BF1 was fun and we really need that back in the game.

They have to fix some of the remaining long standing annoyances, like sound not working (silent vehicles, soldiers etc) and spawning in front of enemies. And they should ditch all the stupid gimmicks (rockets/arty), ditch camping playstyles as much as possible (mmgs), better balanced vehicle play (stop putting bombers in the game and avoid camping tanks, try to make games more balanced (scramble teams between rounds or what-ever), make sure all classes are viable on all maps (not giving medics smgs on Hamada etc) and make sure that visibility of enemies is more important than cosmetics and nice graphics.
  • shaggysk8er
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please make sure there is a HC mode with a Compass attached. Also friends or platoon members should have a different color above there name in game if not the option to combine two squads together with permission of  another squad due to lack of how many people you are playing with. My platoon usually has more than 5 people playing in a game and lots of times we have trouble picking out whos who in a close quarters map with multiple people running around at the same time. If not a different color above there names. Cant wait for this game to drop as long as the creators listen to the OF players and the people who have seen it evolve. 
  • Lootussoturi
    New squad based scoreboard

• Scoreboard is build on squad success instead of individual success. Top scoring squad on the top of scoreboard and lonewolves on the bottom of it. There wouldn't be focus on K/D ratio rather focus on attack, support and squad score. K/D ratio would only be visible on TDM and similar deathmatch type of modes.
    • Attack score: Score accumulated by capturing or destroying objectives, killing and damaging opponents and destroying and damaging enemy vehicles and resources.
    • Support score: Score accumalated by defending objectives and killing and damaging enemies within objective area, assistances, suppression, spotting, supplies etc. support actions.
    • Squad score: Score accumulated by squad based actions.
     :) 
  • AIPoweredOperative
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'd think about like, a more interesting implementation of armour. Maybe you start out with balanced armour and you progress to armours made for different tasks. Armour always covers the chest, and different weapons have different armour penetration. I dunno, just some thoughts.
    EX:
    Standard Issue Armour:
    The basic body armour issued to infantry.
    Reinforced Armour:
    Strengthened armour for extra durability.
    +Durability
    Anti Sniper Armour:
    Armour issued to counter sniper troops.
    +Protection
    -Effective Durability
    Fragsuit Inserts:
    Special body armour for anti vehicle troopers and EOD.
    ++Explosive Protection
    -Movespeed
  • maskedocelot
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The trouble for me with armour is I'd want a visual representation, so I'd want the mtx cosmetic/character designers to take that into account and always show the strong/weak point visually in game. Like BFV tanks/planes should've had something to show when they had an armour upgrade. The damage description on BF1 when hitting planes/zeppelins was good too.
  • armorcrazy
    I'd think about like, a more interesting implementation of armour. Maybe you start out with balanced armour and you progress to armours made for different tasks. Armour always covers the chest, and different weapons have different armour penetration. I dunno, just some thoughts.
    EX:Standard Issue Armour:The basic body armour issued to infantry.
    Reinforced Armour:Strengthened armour for extra durability.+DurabilityAnti Sniper Armour:Armour issued to counter sniper troops.+Protection-Effective DurabilityFragsuit Inserts:Special body armour for anti vehicle troopers and EOD.++Explosive Protection-Movespeed

I agree with this but in my opinion something like this would be difficult to put in the game. Every specialized armor has to add noticable benefits but not be overpowered. The standard issue armor must also be just like the current armor. There just needs to be great balance and an armor to counter everything. Just an idea but maybe as you progress in the game you get armor with multiple buffs such as small resistances to snipers and frag grenades.
  • armorcrazy
    Lets all look at the facts for a second, there is a theme concept that is official (linked below) and everything will be next generation from this we can almost completely disprove the rumor of every detail of BF6. We can assume fairly certainly that levelution will exist based off of footage, it will probably be released on PC, Xbox X/S, and PS5, run on the Frostbite 4 engine, and there is a lot of work going in to character apperance possibly hinting at a campagin that could be very detailed. I have found all of this after countless hours of research and most likely most other things are rumors

• armorcrazy
    My other source is:

• armorcrazy
    For the benefit of myself I’m going to say exactly what I want Battlefield 6 to be feel free to criticize every part of it:

Marketing:

For the duration of the time before BF6 gets a trailer Dice and EA need to keep their card close to their chest revealing very little about the game and release a trailer very close to the release still revealing as little as possible to hupe everyone up even more and release with a bang to where everyone knows it released and throughout its lifespan do the same for every DLC

Content:

I feel Dice should bring back some favorites like the M1911 and Lewis Gun or obvious reskins of them. Dice also needs to have a full-fledged progression system with skins for clothes, character skins, gun skins, gun charms, attachment upgrades, character upgrades, vehical skins, vehical upgrades, armor upgrades, gun upgrades, currency, etc. and when I say upgrades I mean either small upgrades that make a small difference or new gear so basically a huge battle pass. The game should gave an incredible campagin to the point that Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order isn’t worthy of it, have a battle royale 50x better than CoD: Warzone and a multiplayer experience better than BF1, BF4, BF3, BFBC2, and BF1942 combined, with huge diverse maps, levelution, vehical combat better than War Thunder, of course 128 player count, and bots of varying skill level to fill up games. The setting should be either future (BF2142), near future (BF4), or modern (BF3).

Mechanics:

BF6 needs outstanding mechanics like realistic gun animations, healing, easy to learn controls, perfect small details, etc that add functions in the game that make you feel like you are really going to war on the Battlefield with outstanding graphics, sounds, animations, backgrounds, details, and voices

• armorcrazy
    I apologize for spam