3rd person view

xxxThug1xxx
81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I think that this needs to go away on vehicles. To unbalanced IMO. Either take it out completely or make the field of view smaller so the vehicles cant see  behind them. To much advantage given to an already unbalanced part of the game. One of the worst things ever implemented in the battlefield series .

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14494 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I like it,  don't want to be spotted in 3p?  Smoke grenades are an option.

Rather than requesting unnecessary nerfs,  Adapt as many others have.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    409 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah next time i will take some smoke grenades as assault or support to "blind" the tank... too bad they will still hear me as tankers can even hear proning infantry... and if i go sneaky the hit marker will tell the tank from where the shot came and its visible for a long time... the only infantry thing that can stop a tank is a couple of assaults 3 or 4 working in concert to down a tank... the new scout vehicles are a joke, literally light tanks on steroids, its ridiculous to call "those" nerfs unnecessary...
  • Celsi_GER
    921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hm, throwing smoke at a tank which has not yet noticed you... that's like a big fat warning message: "Somebody is coming to get you"
    Every smart tanker will get out of the smoke cloud instantly and reward the smoker with a shell as soon as the smoke has cleared.

I also would like the 3D view for vehicle to go away, it's an unrealistic and too big advantage (also on planes)
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like it,  don't want to be spotted in 3p?  Smoke grenades are an option.

Rather than requesting unnecessary nerfs,  Adapt as many others have.

oh yeah because there is not a tank in the game who would not do one of the two....
    1. plaster the area with enough HE to make Dresden look like Sunday stroll
    2. reverse back to the base just to be sure
    and to top all ot this off smoke in BFV is an iffy mistress, it might conceal you just as intended but you know you might have hit a pixel of a puddle or some other random watery surface and it did not deploy, or the smoke is not rendering properly for the opponent, or you might not have smoke since the AT classes simply do not have any at all, or you get spotted through some random support shooting in somehwat the same post-code as you stand in atm and the game interprets it as beign suppressed....
    the possibilities for the smoke to not work as intended are many and if you have smoke and come close to tanks you fked up somehwere else since newsflash neither medic nor recon have any chance against a tank at all....

• LOLGotYerTags
    14494 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I mean,  I'm at least suggesting an alternative..

Tanks are made of cardboard as it is,  One squad of assaults can kill a tank long before it even gets a chance to back up to a resupply station..

And if there is concern of a tank reaching one,  You can always have a lone player sneak behind and destroy the resupply station so it can't repair..

• 123loreni
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that this needs to go away on vehicles. To unbalanced IMO. Either take it out completely or make the field of view smaller so the vehicles cant see  behind them. To much advantage given to an already unbalanced part of the game. One of the worst things ever implemented in the battlefield series .
    no way!

you take a vehicle and look behind if someone wants to join/get in....

also better ride with jeep in 3rd person view.

I thought you are gonna say 3rd person view as soldier....that would be an idea....
  • xxxThug1xxx
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 21

Tanks are made of cardboard as it is,  One squad of assaults can kill a tank long before it even gets a chance to back up to a resupply station..

And if there is concern of a tank reaching one,  You can always have a lone player sneak behind and destroy the resupply station so it can't repair..

How are they made of cardboard ? 3 panzerfaust take rolls away fine, 5 bazzoka shots tanks still rolling, 3 landmines tanks still rolling, sometimes 3 sticky dynamite wont even stop the tanks. Most people in the tanks are staying far back and just shelling people from a distance or siting in the uncaps doing the same thing, Then you have the faster hounds and anti-airs that should be lighter armor but still take massive damage and still roll on.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1532 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

you are assuming you have an entire squad of ppl working perfectly together and getting close enough to use the gadets effectively and lets face it the META in BFV tanking is to be precisely so far away from any enemy that you will notice them long before they reach you. lets face it sniping tanks are the norm and actual tanks on the frontlines are a rare occurence if at all, just yetserday on panzerstorm i have seen 7! Tigers camping inbetween the F and E flag alone. the only reliable counter to tanks are the god-machines we call airplanes, everything else pales in comparision....
  • dariarty
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The smoke is fine enough when working as a squad (I've heard myths and legends of this squad play actually occurring with randoms. Never seen it though) but in game only Medic and Recon have access to smoke, maybe giving Recon access to dynamite would have been a good idea? 

In regard to camping tanks I think the answer would have been the HE Mortar from BF1. Strong against tanks, weak against infantry. 
    I'd also give it a long range arc only so it would provide a reason for tanks to push up the field and escape being peppered by them. 

• 123loreni
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "I thought you are gonna say 3rd person view as soldier....that would be a fine idea...."

or not?
  • LOLGotYerTags

you are assuming you have an entire squad of ppl working perfectly together and getting close enough to use the gadets effectively and lets face it the META in BFV tanking is to be precisely so far away from any enemy that you will notice them long before they reach you. lets face it sniping tanks are the norm and actual tanks on the frontlines are a rare occurence if at all, just yetserday on panzerstorm i have seen 7! Tigers camping inbetween the F and E flag alone. the only reliable counter to tanks are the god-machines we call airplanes, everything else pales in comparision....
    I'm assuming people are playing the game as intended,  with teamwork and co-operation yup.

Lone wolves have no chance though,  I agree.

Were there no scouts with spotting scopes tagging them for your team's pilots?

I'm going to assume not.

• X_Sunslayer_X

I'm assuming people are playing the game as intended,  with teamwork and co-operation yup.

Lone wolves have no chance though,  I agree.

Were there no scouts with spotting scopes tagging them for your team's pilots?

I'm going to assume not.

well i can attest only a small minority does actually play the game that way, and lets be honest 90% of the recons can't think past their scope let alone pick the spotting scopes and manually spot tanks instead of cosplaying as Bob-Lee-Swagger
  • CPU_UK
    1135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 23
    Why do we have shot-spotting anyway, seems stupid that a vehicle\ weapon can spot you just by firing at you. Make spotting count again by making it something you consciously have to do.