Battlefield 1 has renewed my love for Battlefield again.

ProAssassin2003
3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I have to admit ever since Battlefield 5 launched I was a bitter grumpy fool on the forums constantly complaining about Battlefield 5 and the game never going anywhere with false hopes that one day it will get better. That day never came and I stopped playing Battlefield 5 and only played every Thursday for the useless rewards.

Anyway I hit a breaking point the other night when it took me over 15 minutes to find a server to play on Battlefield 5 because DICE either forgot or didn't label US East or US West servers in server browser. They both still exist and the difference in ping can be almost 50ms for me in Missouri. Always had to join and quit servers until I found the US East server. Very annoying.

That's not the only reason I uninstalled Battlefield 5 but anyway I downloaded Battlefield 1 again went to server browser and boom East US and West US labeled. So nice.

But what is really nice is how Battlefield 1 is in another league when it comes to gameplay,fun, immersion and atmosphere. One match in Battlefield 1 has more atmosphere and immersion then the entire game of Battlefield 5. It's literally night and day. It brought my Battlefield feels back and my love has been returned. I'm now playing the game daily and enjoying every second of it. Sure you could find complaints like the Random bullet deviation but everything is so much better. The Animations aren't a complete mess. Also since Battlefield 1 has somewhat of a Team balance the games are more of a battle with less steamrolls. It also actually feels like people work together more also.

Anyways I just wanted to get this out because it feels great to be playing a great Battlefield again. Battlefield 5 drained my love for the franchise. And PS5 you get Battlefield 1 for Free so the player base might get another boost also.

See you on the Battlefield. Again. Lol

Comments

• OskooI_007
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, BF1 is funner to play than BFV and has a more authentic atmosphere. The player models look larger in BF1 which makes it easier to see enemies and shoot at them. Plus solders move a little slower in BF1 and the netcode is better.
  • CSO7777
    1922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have played some BF1 again lately and it can be fun. The atmosphere is better than any other BF-game ever made, I think.

But BF1 so unbalanced, much worse than BFV, and it can be an even more frustrating experience than BFV.

BF1 has so many stupid elements (elites, behemoths, bombers, arty trucks and a constant nade-spam) and these things just makes the gameplay go totally down the drain (or force you to play boring playstyles) too often.

When BF1 works it is fun, but unfortunately it doesn't much of the time.
  • Ronin9572
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have to admit ever since Battlefield 5 launched I was a bitter grumpy fool on the forums constantly complaining about Battlefield 5 and the game never going anywhere with false hopes that one day it will get better. That day never came and I stopped playing Battlefield 5 and only played every Thursday for the useless rewards.

Anyway I hit a breaking point the other night when it took me over 15 minutes to find a server to play on Battlefield 5 because DICE either forgot or didn't label US East or US West servers in server browser. They both still exist and the difference in ping can be almost 50ms for me in Missouri. Always had to join and quit servers until I found the US East server. Very annoying.

That's not the only reason I uninstalled Battlefield 5 but anyway I downloaded Battlefield 1 again went to server browser and boom East US and West US labeled. So nice.

But what is really nice is how Battlefield 1 is in another league when it comes to gameplay,fun, immersion and atmosphere. One match in Battlefield 1 has more atmosphere and immersion then the entire game of Battlefield 5. It's literally night and day. It brought my Battlefield feels back and my love has been returned. I'm now playing the game daily and enjoying every second of it. Sure you could find complaints like the Random bullet deviation but everything is so much better. The Animations aren't a complete mess. Also since Battlefield 1 has somewhat of a Team balance the games are more of a battle with less steamrolls. It also actually feels like people work together more also.

Anyways I just wanted to get this out because it feels great to be playing a great Battlefield again. Battlefield 5 drained my love for the franchise. And PS5 you get Battlefield 1 for Free so the player base might get another boost also.

Welcome back! I've come and gone so many times. But either way the game draws me back and I still enjoy playing. So glad I still haven't purchased that dumpster fire known as BFV.
  • ronybaloney
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Welcome back!

We forgive you. B)
  • HugoPlayNow
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ironic...on XB1, BF5 always has full matches while tumbleweeds blow through the BF1 servers.

IMO BF1 is the best BF ever made....incredibly fun and the AP and AT mines actually DO SOMETHING!
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4540 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Good job. Which platform are you on? I can show you how my mouse and keyboard works.......
  • Forkbeard84
    1892 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad to have you back. BF1 is indeed a special game. I’ve been playing it off and on for four years now. I quit and think I’m done and then a few months later I’ll play on a whim and it sucks me right back in to playing full time again. Each time I fall in love all over again.
  • Ronin9572
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Glad to have you back. BF1 is indeed a special game. I’ve been playing it off and on for four years now. I quit and think I’m done and then a few months later I’ll play on a whim and it sucks me right back in to playing full time again. Each time I fall in love all over again.

I'm exactly the same! Keep coming back and having fun every time I do.