This game's gonna be unplayable for the next couple of weeks

steampunch1
14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
That's the bare minimum time I give until the new players realize that there are other weapons than the M1 Garand and other classes than assault. I've been killed by the same three guns so many times that I can recognize the gunfire instantly. What's that? Four Garands around the corner? Time to leave!

It's just exhausting. I want to enjoy the game, and you get fun moments, but it's all ruined by the downright **** bad balance. At this point even Fromsoft is better at game balance, and that's just sad.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are mad that everyone is using a mid tier gun?
  • CSO7777
    1922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's the bare minimum time I give until the new players realize that there are other weapons than the M1 Garand and other classes than assault. I've been killed by the same three guns so many times that I can recognize the gunfire instantly. What's that? Four Garands around the corner? Time to leave!

It's just exhausting. I want to enjoy the game, and you get fun moments, but it's all ruined by the downright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ bad balance. At this point even Fromsoft is better at game balance, and that's just sad.
    I don't really get what you are trying to say. The M1 is not really special or OP in any way (at least not on PC) and there are better guns around.
  • steampunch1
    CSO7777 said:

It's just exhausting. I want to enjoy the game, and you get fun moments, but it's all ruined by the downright ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ bad balance. At this point even Fromsoft is better at game balance, and that's just sad.
    I don't really get what you are trying to say. The M1 is not really special or OP in any way (at least not on PC) and there are better guns around.
    I play on console, but the issue with M1 is it's insanely great in 1v1. Perhaps even the best gun in the game in 1v1 because of its accuracy, damage, low recoil, and range. So, when every other new player is using it, it becomes nightmarish to get a kill. When any given dude is using it on his own he suffers against multiple players, but when several people together are using it, that's not the case.

Frankly I don't get how you can say the M1 isn't OP in any case. There can be better guns around and it can still be OP. It's special in that it has super good accuracy, low recoil, three hits to kill, and great range. Even its low ammo capacity is nullified by staying at mid-range where it excels and you can reload in relative safety. Hell, it has a better reload than many other SARs that do the individual bullet thing.

The Assault part is it's own monster. That class should get a gold star in awful balance.
  • DavTan
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hardly ever see it or get killed by it, goodness me, the things that " exhaust " some people or " ruin the fun " for them is mind bogglingly pathetic to me.
    Put it this way, I think you're exaggerating or you need to get some perspective on matters.
    Just my opinion.
  • tempo_rarity
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but . . . Respect to anyone who runs around in a world filled with automatics without one themselves .
    Slightly under-confident and overly-cautious Garand user , meet way over-confident and non-cautious Automatic user .

Truly , upon re-inspection , this complaint(?) also now reads more like a positive advert selling the M1 Garand than a negative report against it .
    To this I say : Congratulations! You've rekindled a love affair started way back on the shores of Battle Of Britain and the sands of El Alamein .

Today I'm calling up my old fave the Garand and asking it out on a date or two or three .
    I'm hoping it still likes me .

. . . by the way , you mentioned three guns but only exampled M1 .
    Is it possible you've tossed the wrong 'stock' into your stew?
  • HugoPlayNow
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since the update...Assault has a lot less guns to choose from?  I went to select a gun and it seemed like the list was a lot smaller.  

(I play a lot but just am not good at retaining gun names and what class had what gun list)
  • DaMutha1
    1486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, they have not changed the list of guns.   My lovely Turner remains right where it was.
  • MrCamp121
    1197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but . . . Respect to anyone who runs around in a world filled with automatics without one themselves .
    Slightly under-confident and overly-cautious Garand user , meet way over-confident and non-cautious Automatic user .

Truly , upon re-inspection , this complaint(?) also now reads more like a positive advert selling the M1 Garand than a negative report against it .
    To this I say : Congratulations! You've rekindled a love affair started way back on the shores of Battle Of Britain and the sands of El Alamein .

Today I'm calling up my old fave the Garand and asking it out on a date or two or three .
    I'm hoping it still likes me .

. . . by the way , you mentioned three guns but only exampled M1 .
    Is it possible you've tossed the wrong 'stock' into your stew?

SARS dont take any skill....theres only vertical recoil which is barely a thing anyway. So...not really sure what your point is regarding that. In fact a lot of people i know hate SAR users with a passion since theyre so easy to use
  • steampunch1
    DavTan said:
    Hardly ever see it or get killed by it, goodness me, the things that " exhaust " some people or " ruin the fun " for them is mind bogglingly pathetic to me.
    Put it this way, I think you're exaggerating or you need to get some perspective on matters.
    Just my opinion.
    Constantly see it and get killed by it, goodness me, the things that "don't bother" some people or "aren't a problem" for them is mind bogglingly stupid to me.
    Put it this way, I think you're understating or you need to get some perspective on matters.
    Just my opinion.
  • xKusagamix
    1199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan said:
    Just my opinion.
    Constantly see it and get killed by it, goodness me, the things that "don't bother" some people or "aren't a problem" for them is mind bogglingly stupid to me.
    Put it this way, I think you're understating or you need to get some perspective on matters.
    Just my opinion.
    The M1 Garand isn't OPed, it's not even good at CQC.
  • DavTan
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Just my opinion.

LOL, touche' . Don't matter how you flip it though I'm pretty sure the general consensus is against your opinion . One gun making the game unplayable ( with some sort of magic prediction of a week), reducing your fun to just moments and exhausting you is a good example of hyperbole.
  • Daytonaflyer
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree completely. The m1 garand is way overpowered and overused by noobs.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Semis are strong yes but the garand is actually one of the worst imo.

Respect to anyone that uses it with irons.
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been killed a lot by it recently, a real noticeable rise in people using them on xbox that I've seen. I don't really understand why though as it isn't anything special, plenty of better guns around.

I have noticed quite a few people using this gun with what feels like a far higher rate of fire than could be achieved with a controller though, I suspect an increase in m&k users hammering that mouse to get quicker fire rate or using a chronus max to max out the fire rate.

Just a guess but it does this guns does feel more visible over the past month.
  • Hawxxeye
    7809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Until they find Karabin
  • BeastofBourbon84
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Meh Karabin is just a worse g43 :p
  • 123loreni
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    best rifles - selbstlader for high damage and AG for quickness/high ROF.
  • Hawxxeye
    7809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really? I thought it was a better g43 after the patches

123loreni said:
    best rifles - selbstlader for high damage and AG for quickness/high ROF.
    I had forgoten about those.

• BeastofBourbon84
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Really? I thought it was a better g43 after the patches

Tbh they are very similar to each other.
    But the g43 gets detachable mag instead of faster reload and more importantly the "blued" wood furniture ;)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14494 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hawxxeye said:
    Until they find Karabin
    Prefer the MAS 44 or the Turner SMLE over the Garande.

Though I REALLY want to trigger the new telekinesis reload that was added for the M1 Garande.