My first opinion on BF V

IllyrianEagle1
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I recently bought BF V being -75% off, why not give it a try right? About the campaign I can only say that it's just awul. Multiplayer is pretty good but as a ww2 game it definitely lacks that ww2 atmosphere compared to BF1 ww1. 60% of the maps are awul and horribly designed. Wherever im fighting the **** screamin woman make it look like an arcade call of duty ww2 game very unrealistic. Graphics are very good and weapons are very good and realistic. But compared to bf3, 4 and 1, this battlefield V is a huge downgrade. Its such a shame that dice decided to go this way... also no D Day, Stalingrad and Berlin.

Comments

• iigloo
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the review. 2 years late though..
  • tempo_rarity
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really wanted to see your perspective but I got stuck on trying to figure out how this "scream" converted into a "look" .
    Then I realized with a shock that ;  in my own opinion ;  I might be in a very nasty 'mindfield' , and so I very gingerly retraced my steps .

As I did I also noticed this curiosity  : 1 "pretty good" , 2 "very good"s and a "realistic" had gone up against 2 "awful"s and a "very unrealistic" .
    Even with the "horribly designed" and "huge downgrade" support fire , it sort of ended up as a Draw .

Also , my pushy calculator kept nudging my elbow in a look-at-me sort of way too , so I looked down at it .
    It said : A quarter of the price for a forty percent (of maps) that AREN'T "awful and horribly designed"? 
    Then it winked at me and its comedy feature kicked in : (yeah I bought the Comedy Calculator model)

A man charges into the supermarket holding a small plastic container and confronts the manager .
    "I bought this Cottage Cheese here , and I found this small wooden splinter hidden inside its deliciousness"
    The manager inspects the held-up splinter and says "Well . . for $1.99 what did you expect - the whole cottage?"
  • HugoPlayNow
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol....

But I get it...the maps are spread out way too much with little to no action funnels.

Normandy Beach would have been a great map...maybe because CoD did it, they avoided it?
  • Sampsii
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is a somewhat lackluster experience as a WW2 game, there's no denying that. But, still it's a Battlefield game and it's not like we can just go back to BF1 or an earlier one (no servers.)
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iigloo said:
    Thanks for the review. 2 years late though..
    You're definitely not wrong.  The thing is, we have sycophants out here congratulating dice for the community games and hardcore mode.  Like you say, 2 years too late.  It boggles the mind.
  • CrashCA
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 22
    Sampsii said:
    It is a somewhat lackluster experience as a WW2 game, there's no denying that. But, still it's a Battlefield game and it's not like we can just go back to BF1 or an earlier one (no servers.)
    not sure where you are, however BFBC2, BF3 & BF4 servers are easy to find in NA.
  • Sampsii
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA said:
    Sampsii said:
    not sure where you are, however BFBC2, BF3 & BF4 servers are easy to find in NA.
    I'm in EU, and by servers I mean normal servers, that play all maps and keep the gameplay normal
  • CrashCA
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can find regular servers in with the HC and other modified rules ones