This game dead ?

BenzenForReal
440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 22
Hi,

I used to play tons of hours untill late 2017. I remember back then, most people tried it and went back to BF4, so it was already kind of dying fresh from release...

Long story short I decided to reinstall BF1. Great game tbh.

I want conquest, no matter the maps but all I can find 4 servers: 1 custom US server and 100+ ping german servers.... I remember back then, there was not tons of good pinged servers for me ( US EASTERN ) and I had t favorite the few of em, but now, it's not even funny how conquest servers search options shows only 4 servers...

Not to mention matchmaking is taking forever.

What happened to this awesome game ?
Post edited by BenzenForReal on

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4550 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Server browser is your friend. 
  • BenzenForReal
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Server browser is your friend. 
    What do you mean ?

I did that, popped 4 servers, one good pinged but ''custom/200%DMG'' and 3 german servers, 120+ping....

I only checked ''conquest'' in the browser and these 4 were the only ones.
  • Forkbeard84
    1899 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In the server browser set slots to “None” and you’ll see all the full games.

What platform are you on?
  • BenzenForReal
    edited November 22
    In the server browser set slots to “None” and you’ll see all the full games.

What platform are you on?
    PC

But I'll try your advice. I checked ''conquest'' and popped signs of a dead game

.... BF1 feels like the 2015 ''Bf:HardLine'', I mean, playerbase complains about franchises are reskins and (''Bf4 should have been Bf3's DLC, d'uh!'') but when they gives you different from last year's release, it dies, simply dies.

I was there when BF2142 got bashed from being a BF2 reskin. Tbh, BF2142 was the best game I ever played.
  • Forkbeard84
    There are plenty of games on pc. You just need to set the browser. Please let us know what you find.
  • AW2k2
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Depend on what server, on this server you'll find nothing but tumbleweeds but on that server, there're tons of them.
  • HugoPlayNow
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was my favorite FPS ever!  On XB1, I can't find an active server anymore...I feel "stuck" playing BF5 anymore.  

I'll see if there are any settings I can tweak that open up more viewable servers?  BF1 was perfect in every way for me.
  • BenzenForReal
    edited November 22
    BF1 was my favorite FPS ever!  On XB1, I can't find an active server anymore...I feel "stuck" playing BF5 anymore.  

I'll see if there are any settings I can tweak that open up more viewable servers?  BF1 was perfect in every way for me.
    BF1 is indeed a damn great game, when it came out, really felt closer-combat driven since bayonet charge was a thing and most guns were spreading everywhere like it should have been the case back in the great war. I played couple round and felt like they ''patched'' alot of guns, making em as precise as modern guns, wich is a shame...

Also the fact that there were no thermals/night visions back then and flying a whole squad to cap points behind the fight is impossible in BF1, wich was the cheese of older titles.

Long story short, these were the reasons why I love BF1 so much and also the reasons why playerbase went back to BF4.
  • Ronin9572
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well if you thought it was dead back late 2017, it's not even a 1/3 of the population now. It sounds to me you need to readjust your server browser, don't use quickmatch been broke forever! Can't imagine even on PC US East there are no active CQ servers!
  • BenzenForReal
    edited November 22
    Ronin9572 said:
    Well if you thought it was dead back late 2017, it's not even a 1/3 of the population now. It sounds to me you need to readjust your server browser, don't use quickmatch been broke forever! Can't imagine even on PC US East there are no active CQ servers!
    It's totally dead. 

Sunday afternoon here, should have shown atleast one full server... Even with all filters removed... Best I found was a 60 pinged 21/64...

Well, I am uninstalling. Even yesterday, wich was saturday, where playerbase would be optimal, was pretty much dead... I guess I am gonna try BF5 then...

I got 2 questions then:

- Someone here playing conquest on PC, eastern US, non-custom populated servers ? I mean, before uninstalling, I want to be sure I am not doing something wrong, explaining why I only see a dead game.

-BF5 is kind of cheap atm, is this game good and populated ? I remember back then it was bashed because trailers shown too many sjw stuff. 
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4550 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    User error. For sure. 
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 22
    I'm seeing 4 full US East coast servers and pages of full European servers. I suppose if you can only play on US East coast the game will seem dead, but it's far from dead in Europe.

• BenzenForReal
    @Oskool:

Okay well... Something is wrong then because I swear I have refreshed alot with empty filters and never saw any US Eastern conquest servers with more than 20/64.
  • Ronin9572
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Oskool:

Okay well... Something is wrong then because I swear I have refreshed alot with empty filters and never saw any US Eastern conquest servers with more than 20/64.

I've had to completely reset all my browser settings a few times before. I've even heard of ppl uninstalling and reinstalling to get it to work right. Not sure what your ping is on EU or even SA servers but try to see if you can find servers there as well. I know some ppl won't play if their ping isn't the best, but even 100-120 should be playable. I don't even know what happened to the US West servers. They were there one day, and all but vanished the next. Hope you can get it worked out. I won't even purchase BFV for $5, that's how I feel about that game, but to each their own.
  • ronybaloney
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't know about PC but on the PS4 at least, there are PLENTY of full Conquest, TDM, and Ops servers. Even lots of US West lately which I'm stoked about. Benzen.: please take Forkbeards advice and set one of your slots to "none" in the browser. I'd be shocked if you don't see lots of full servers.
  • dariarty
    199 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's 2am in the UK and on PS4 there are still full German servers running Conquest, Op's, Domination, TDM and Shock Op's. 

There's got to be a glitch somewhere, the disparity between platforms can't be that big. 
  • BenzenForReal
    edited November 23
    I have set filters to ''none'', refreshed alot and the same 5-6 unpopulated servers popped, that is weird. I have just reinstalled, would be dumb to uninstall and reinstall.

I will give it some tries over the days but that sure pisses me off.

Anyways, bought BFV, -60% deal. Game is okay, but it's not... Great...

First of all, imo, they don't have any maps that I really wanna play, you know, that one map that makes you play another round even if you should call it quit... Ballroom blitz and Amiens were those.

BFV has none... Maps are nice but nothing ''iconic'' Also, I have noticed that BFV was made in a way that no matter the gun/class choice, everything is viable to a point I am wondering why build a loadout. I mean, players are confortable with mid/long range engagings with what was considered CQB in previous games. Seems they made a game that everyone can kill stuff, for the sake of dopamine and feelings of being l33t or something...
  • Forkbeard84
    I have set filters to ''none'', refreshed alot and the same 5-6 unpopulated servers popped, that is weird. I have just reinstalled, would be dumb to uninstall and reinstall.

I will give it some tries over the days but that sure pisses me off.

Anyways, bought BFV, -60% deal. Game is okay, but it's not... Great...

First of all, imo, they don't have any maps that I really wanna play, you know, that one map that makes you play another round even if you should call it quit... Ballroom blitz and Amiens were those.

BFV has none... Maps are nice but nothing ''iconic'' Also, I have noticed that BFV was made in a way that no matter the gun/class choice, everything is viable to a point I am wondering why build a loadout. I mean, players are confortable with mid/long range engagings with what was considered CQB in previous games. Seems they made a game that everyone can kill stuff, for the sake of dopamine and feelings of being l33t or something...

Go into the server browser, reset your filter. Then add the setting for slots to none. Not “filters” to none.

People keep telling you there are games. Someone even posted a screenshot of them for you. You are missing something simple. Follow these instructions and if they dont work post a screenshot of the games it shows and we’ll figure out if somethings still wrong.
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 23
    - Click 'Reset Filter'
    - Click 'Free Slots' to 'none'.

Then click 'Full Filter' and select regions like Europe and America.
  • Skill4Reel
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If this game is dead it is because most of the people playing on it's servers do so like they are brain dead.  Sometimes it seems like the community is trying to kill this series themselves from within.  It is almost impossible to join a server where the games don't always suck.  Where one team mostly seems clueless about how to play the game mode.  That is if they are even trying to.  The server browser in Battlefield 1 sometimes doesn't show any results no matter what it is set to.  At least this is he case for me on PS4 at times.