UPDATED: Community Broadcast - New EOR Matchmaking

Comments

• Bequiet46
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, this is getting annoying... already 4 times in a row in less than 5min the server dies after matchmaking....really
  • Odinslayer848
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    So is this why there has been lag and fps drops since the last patch that so many people have been dealing with? As much as I'd want it, I don't think your servers can handle it.
  • 19Romulus84
    140 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @PartWelsh

I don't like it anymore. This is absurd, I go to the Panzerstorm because I know that Provence is after it, and I want to play provence from the beginning and here I have to play panzerstorm for the second and third time. Is it idiotic? Roll back that change because again you broke more than you fixed. Who wants to play the same map 3 times in a row, it's sick. I think that it was not needed at all, because 80% of the games were well-balanced, once you got better and worse, and now we have the same map 3 times in a row, it is sick you have done it again. If you want to change and balance your squads, let it be okay, but not at the expense of having to play the same map 3 times. After all it is idiotic immediately change it so it can't stay. People usually go to the map, cleaning up their favorite map, to play their favorite map from the beginning and not play Panzerstorm 3 times in a row. It can't stay that way.
  • 19Romulus84
    @PartWelsh

The sooner you get out of this stupid idea. It also works for strategic conquest because today I had to play Penzerstorm 3 times in a row, after all it's idiotic. Back off this because nothing rejected me from BFV and I have 2000 hours in it, but I'm not going to play the same map 3 times in a row. It was not needed at all, because as one in five maps was unbalanced, it was enough to change the map and it was fine. You yourself created the problem and you broke it again and now you will fix it in glory. Secondly, as we talk like this, Provence is a tactical map, not a strategic one, by the way. Back off this bad change. You will see that players will leave because I like to play several maps in a row and now I will definitely not play the same map 3 times in a row. Why you don't think there, I don't understand. Roll back this hopeless, unnecessary change as soon as possible and deal with the scammers. The balance was good in 80% of the matches, and in the 20% that was bad, the map was changing and it was good. I'm not going to play Panzerstorm 3 times in a row. That's why I went to Panzerstorm because I wanted to start Provence from the beginning and now I have to play the same map 3 times. Is it wise? What have you done again I want to cry.
  • kiwiLegion
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has destroyed my enjoyment, I exclusively play breakthrough and select a server based on current map rotation as I enjoy certain maps and dislike others.  Since this mode was turned on I keep getting bunted into maps I don’t enjoy or replaying the same map over and over.  Also I seem to spend more time watching loading screens.  Where did it become your job to say if I’m enjoying a server or not?   
  • dariarty
    206 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very pleased to see your attempting to balance the teams. I'm only really interested in close, competitive matches and too much of V I've spent bored in a stomp or frustrated because my sides being stomped. 
    I'll be very interested to see how this goes, I think it's a good idea to test as much of these things on V before 6 releases as possible.

The only thing I am concerned about is matchmaking putting us OOR, a region lock or at least a ping lock would be a good idea. I have no problem waiting an extra minute or so if I know I have a better quality match awaiting me. Really hope this works.
  • 19Romulus84
    edited November 2020
    @PartWelsh

You hear man, bring it back. It is normal for the Panzerstorm to be played evenly and at the end of the game instead of provence again panzerstorm and 15 vs 25 is your balance? From this I conclude that you are losers there. This is supposed to be the balance, the same map only 15 vs 25 because who normal wants to play the same map twice in a row. BACK UP IMMEDIATELY THIS BAD CHANGE WHICH HAS BROKEN MORE THAN REPAIRED ... YOU HEAR
  • Odinslayer848
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are virtually no breakthrough servers, performance has tanked, and the game is almost unplayable. Get rid of the EOR matchmaking, get rid of the stutters and lag, and just leave it alone afterwards. 
  • kiwiLegion
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok this is crazy, I have not been able to play a complete game all day.  I get into a map the game ends the server either crashes and I need to quit and start again or I get dumped back into the same freaking map agggaaaaaaaiiin and quit and start again... Sort this out or refund me!  It’s not usable like this.
  • Jessusc
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    I always use the server browser to play in the lower latency servers. Today this new matchmaking just made me quit a match and stop playing because it moved me to a 160+ latency server. That's awful
    Why don't you just make it swap the 3 or 4 best squads of each team to the opposite team? It would be better

Post edited by Jessusc on
  • iigloo
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2020
    Sorry, but this was the most stupid idea so far. Why break up a server instead of mixing the teams?
    This is going to history among your "amazing" ttk-change.
  • baldy456
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, this is terrible, why move people server instead of re-balancing it?

If I play a terrible map, i.e. Fjell, I dont want to see that map come up in rotation again for a while but now I'm back in that hell multiple times in a row. This seems more like SBBM than balancing,

I hope this isn't a precursor to what's coming in BF 2021.
  • wildbam
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    so if this gets implemented will a good squad be forced to play out of region? because it just said it will put squads in different lobbys/servers...
    so is there a not so small chance of me getting put on servers other then Europe? will this mean eventually there will be servers with all the high-skill players and then the others? how will this system work for ppl exclusively using vehicles thus scoring way above the average then get into a lobby with fewer/no vehicles?
    i am very reserved/sceptical about this implementation, why not implement an actual scrambler within that lobby?

No. Good players/squads are NOT switching server every map. It depends how many ppl stay on a server.. If enough ppl stay the server rotation keeps going on.

We were best squad a couple of times in a row and we stayed in the same map rotation .. but we kept defending (that's why I asked for a change here.. defending all the time sux same with attacking all the time though I d prefer attacking)

And like I said we figured out less steam rolling happens with this shuffle .. much more intense fights came up

A_al_K_pacino_A said:
    Some balancing between rounds was needed so that is good but switching servers, as happened to my random squad, will just cause players to quit.
    What is needed is even numbers when the countdown hits zero and some squad shuffling between rounds to even them up. I guess this is sort of the plan but the moving servers is unnecessary.

yea balancing between rounds would be nice as well. But this is hard to implement and most of the time the players start leaving at the end of a map. So moving squads around in the middle of a round is a lil bit rough and might end up in player leaving as well..

• wildbam
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [...]

After
    You play on map X (on defence) with other 63 players. At the end of the game, you get that strange message about matching the next game, then the screen goes dark for a few seconds, then it shows the intro screen of the existing map again, then you wait and you get to the next map only to find yourself alone (best case with other 2-3 players). From that point, you realise that there is no chance for the game to start without players and you quit. It takes about 3 minutes to get to the next game (because quitting a game is so slow) to experience the same frustrating situation again.
    [...]

On EU region the servers were full after each map change or they filled within 1-2min. (at night/prime time)

What region are you playing on? and what time?
  • zorax2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This "feature" takes all the fun out of BF V for me.  I love playing a specific sequence of maps - Aerodrome, Al Marj & Operation Underground.  My map rotation is now randomized as I seem to get swapped out nearly every game.  I really hate that happening.  If I was removed from a server and put on a new game that was the next map in sequence that I had expected to play, it might be tolerable.  However, when I get removed / gameplay balanced from Al Marj to Hamada instead of going to Underground - it just angers me.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm two from two for moving and the second one failed so that isn't great.

I'm definitely all for some sort of balancing though but I feel it might be impossible to get consistent balance without SBMM which I don't think anyone wants, even those like me that might benefit. There can't be many games where you can have players regularly getting 70+ kills a game playing with players, and trying to be kind, are almost literally pointless. Too many of either on one team and you have a poor time, stopping that without SBMM is a real challenge.
  • oqpasaqpo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I spend the whole night to find a match to play in peace and in the end I only play two matches. Terrible and irritating.