UPDATED: Community Broadcast - New EOR Matchmaking

Comments

• SICIOUS
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this what we have to look forward to with BF6?  I'm seriously scared. Never had this issue with the BF4 RSP.
    This is not a team balancer. Its skilled based matchmaking and it needs to go.

-I prefer a set map rotation. I always have.
    -Server browser is useless now. I've always used it.
    -No one joins my community games... That remains useless.
    -Load times take longer.  Maps restart twice. ( 2 min to get into next round some games)
    -I get bounced to an empty server or maps I hate...regularly.
    -If I sit on an AA for a game I get kicked to a weaker server because my score will be low and yet my actions on the battlefield may have significantly helped my team.
    -Teams/friends in other squads get split up sent to other games.

Battlefield typically has the best server browser of any game I play. I wished Battlefront had this server browser also.
    I feel that this SBMM does not and should not be implemented in any current or future Battlefield game. It has led to further frustration and longer load times. This SBMM test has done absolutely nothing to enhance my BF gaming experience. RSP is a better option than SBMM go back to what works.

People this is the first RED FLAG of what's to come with BF6. DICE get your head screwed on right please. What's next the Star Wars crew introduces heros to the Battlefield franchise? Also i'll say it now... no bots in future Battlefield multiplayer modes please!
    I have been having a lot of fun on BFV as of late. The game has been stable and free of any drama (TTK) . While you guys missed the mark in so many areas there is still much to like about BFV.  SBMM is not something this community needs or should want. We need an in server balancer.
    I'm 2000hrs into BFV hoping this test will be done and reverted back before Xmas as I was looking forward to some much needed time off to game. ;-D
  • RipGroove99
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SICIOUS wrote: »
    Is this what we have to look forward to with BF6?  I'm seriously scared. Never had this issue with the BF4 RSP.
    This is not a team balancer. Its skilled based matchmaking and it needs to go.

-I prefer a set map rotation. I always have.
    -Server browser is useless now. I've always used it.
    -No one joins my community games... That remains useless.
    -Load times take longer.  Maps restart twice. ( 2 min to get into next round some games)
    -I get bounced to an empty server or maps I hate...regularly.
    -If I sit on an AA for a game I get kicked to a weaker server because my score will be low and yet my actions on the battlefield may have significantly helped my team.
    -Teams/friends in other squads get split up sent to other games.

Battlefield typically has the best server browser of any game I play. I wished Battlefront had this server browser also.
    I feel that this SBMM does not and should not be implemented in any current or future Battlefield game. It has led to further frustration and longer load times. This SBMM test has done absolutely nothing to enhance my BF gaming experience. RSP is a better option than SBMM go back to what works.

People this is the first RED FLAG of what's to come with BF6. DICE get your head screwed on right please. What's next the Star Wars crew introduces heros to the Battlefield franchise? Also i'll say it now... no bots in future Battlefield multiplayer modes please!
    I have been having a lot of fun on BFV as of late. The game has been stable and free of any drama (TTK) . While you guys missed the mark in so many areas there is still much to like about BFV.  SBMM is not something this community needs or should want. We need an in server balancer.
    I'm 2000hrs into BFV hoping this test will be done and reverted back before Xmas as I was looking forward to some much needed time off to game. ;-D

Agreed, having pretty much the same experience as you. And honestly since the update I've found myself just not wanting to load up BFV at all as I have zero control over how my time will spent with regards to maps and who I'm playing with. The whole experience has just be ruined. Our free time is precious so we really do need some control over how we spend it.
  • VME23
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VME23 wrote: »
    Me as a solo player, I don't like the idea of playing 2-3 games in a row vs 12-16 premade groups from the same clan. So switching the servers it's a good idea in this regard.
    Also, I would like the mid-round team auto-balancer and End of  Round vote map system to be added to complete this scenario.

I've seen many times when my team's overall player level was around 50 and the enemy's something around 200. I understand that there isn't a SBMM in place, but at least we should balance the overall player level between the both teams.

A simple team balance at the end of the round would do just fine.
    It will be pointless if a 'simple' team balancing would happen at the end of the round.
    I would prefer it to be in the mid-round because that's where the teams could get unbalanced due to a lot of rage quitters.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VME23 said:
    Me as a solo player, I don't like the idea of playing 2-3 games in a row vs 12-16 premade groups from the same clan. So switching the servers it's a good idea in this regard.
    Also, I would like the mid-round team auto-balancer and End of  Round vote map system to be added to complete this scenario.

I've seen many times when my team's overall player level was around 50 and the enemy's something around 200. I understand that there isn't a SBMM in place, but at least we should balance the overall player level between the both teams.

A simple team balance at the end of the round would do just fine.
    It will be pointless if a 'simple' team balancing would happen at the end of the round.
    I would prefer it to be in the mid-round because that's where the teams could get unbalanced due to a lot of rage quitters.
    Without the mid balancer the rage quiters already unbalance the teams.
  • KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Nobody should be switched mid-round. If you and your squad have been working hard and contributing to a win you should not have your win loss ratio potentially negatively impacted by being switched to a losing team.

People can handle imbalance for one round, but if a team is ‘stacked’ it just needs to change the following round.
  • Plucky6922
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was just "finding game" into a South American server...
    I play on NA, not SA, had a 40 to the East Coast server, and I was pulled from it and put into a SA server with 160+.
    Had no option but to quit out.
  • RipGroove99
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Nobody should be switched mid-round. If you and your squad have been working hard and contributing to a win you should not have your win loss ratio potentially negatively impacted by being switched to a losing team.

People can handle imbalance for one round, but if a team is ‘stacked’ it just needs to change the following round.

This. Being switched mid round just gives the same level of disconnect with regards to team play, comradery and rivalry.
  • RipGroove99
    Plucky6922 wrote: »
    I was just "finding game" into a South American server...
    I play on NA, not SA, had a 40 to the East Coast server, and I was pulled from it and put into a SA server with 160+.
    Had no option but to quit out.

That's another interesting point, I always play in servers where I have a max ping of 30, letting some algorithm shunt me around different servers is not ideal at all.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried my hands on the official BR servers with the "balancer"
    It is still the make unbalanced joke as before.
    We need balance during the match and not after it is useless cause it is over.
  • RipGroove99
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I tried my hands on the official BR servers with the "balancer"It is still the make unbalanced joke as before.We need balance during the match and not after it is useless cause it is over.

Being switched mid round just gives the same level of disconnect with regards to team play, comradery and rivalry.
  • VME23
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried my hands on the official BR servers with the "balancer"It is still the make unbalanced joke as before.We need balance during the match and not after it is useless cause it is over.

Being switched mid round just gives the same level of disconnect with regards to team play, comradery and rivalry.
    First of all, we are not playing a Role Playing game here, it's not even a war simulator. It's a 'Battlefield' game with a WWII theme and that's all.

Anyway, as I said before, me as a SOLO player I don't really care in which team I've been assigned to as long as my SQUAD (not team) is playing the objectives, is giving res / ammo etc. This game put a lot of emphasis on the squad play. And with a good squad you can indeed carry a game - the only exclusion will be the time when you are 16 vs 32.

I don't try to convince anyone, I'm just sharing my opinion on this topic. Btw I'm a Conquest type of guy, I don't really like Breakthrough - it's good that it's there but it's not my cup of tea.
  • KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    First of all, we are not playing a Role Playing game here, it's not even a war simulator. It's a 'Battlefield' game with a WWII theme and that's all.

Anyway, as I said before, me as a SOLO player I don't really care in which team I've been assigned to as long as my SQUAD (not team) is playing the objectives, is giving res / ammo etc. This game put a lot of emphasis on the squad play. And with a good squad you can indeed carry a game - the only exclusion will be the time when you are 16 vs 32.

I don't try to convince anyone, I'm just sharing my opinion on this topic. Btw I'm a Conquest type of guy, I don't really like Breakthrough - it's good that it's there but it's not my cup of tea.

So your squad has placed a spawn beacon in a great tactical spot to become useless when switched to other team - this kind of thing would not bother you?

How would it work anyway? Your squad switch over one by one as they die (so you could conceivably kill your own squad mate)? Or do you all suddenly change sides and can be killed by what were the blueberry’s stood behind you??

You really have no idea have you?
  • Hawxxeye

Which is why the mid switcher tends to switch newcomers who are not invested in the progress of their team
  • RipGroove99
    (Quote)
    Which is why the mid switcher tends to switch newcomers who are not invested in the progress of their team

Then its not a 'switcher' because no one is being switched. What you are talking about is new joining players being assigned to a team based on their skill, which I'm pretty sure isn't even a thing.
  • VME23
    KPNuts74 said:
    (Quote)

So your squad has placed a spawn beacon in a great tactical spot to become useless when switched to other team - this kind of thing would not bother you?

How would it work anyway? Your squad switch over one by one as they die (so you could conceivably kill your own squad mate)? Or do you all suddenly change sides and can be killed by what were the blueberry’s stood behind you??

You really have no idea have you?
    Who said that they should be switched one by one?! Did you hear about squad wipes?
    I don't believe there are squads that didn't take a full wipe in a round.

Anyway, this discussion is going off-topic and is not constructive at all.

I made my point in my first reply and that should be enough from my side.

Have a good one!
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

Then its not a 'switcher' because no one is being switched. What you are talking about is new joining players being assigned to a team based on their skill, which I'm pretty sure isn't even a thing.
    I am talking about a system that existed in BF1 and before
  • RipGroove99
    Yes let's keep this on topic so we at least have a chance of stopping this complete nonsense from being the future of Battlefield.
  • Hawxxeye
    Yes let's keep this on topic so we at least have a chance of stopping this complete nonsense from being the future of Battlefield.
    I at least need to give it credit for removing one cheater who did 137 kills from the server after the round ended

• RipGroove99
    I am talking about a system that existed in BF1 and before

Being assigned to a certain team based on your skill when you first join a server makes perfect sense, an end of round team scramble to keep things even also makes sense, being teleported to a different server at the end of the round makes absolutely no sense at all.
  • RipGroove99
    I at least need to give it credit for removing one cheater who did 137 kills from the server after the round ended

Well that's probably the single benefit the system has, but more often than not you'll also get moved from the server anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered whether 'he' did or not.