UPDATED: Community Broadcast - New EOR Matchmaking

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I at least need to give it credit for removing one cheater who did 137 kills from the server after the round ended

Well that's probably the single benefit the system has, but more often than not you'll also get moved from the server anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered whether 'he' did or not.
    I am definitelly not satisfied with what we got.
    It is a very roundabout fix. but still it would be hilarious if they matched all the cheaters in the same server
  • T_Mestre_T
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please!! for the love of god turn off this feature, its killing the game for me! I want to know what map is going next, if i go to fjell its only because i know Sudan and Hamada will come next, my favourite maps..... This system is horrible, you cant seem to get one thing right what the hell is going on with you guys? Want more balanced teams? Just let ppl change teams before the map starts or when teams are unbalanced, simple, problem solved.
  • Beneffit
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is making Breakthrough very frustrating to play.  I play on PC in North America during the day.  Most of the time there are only 2 maybe 3 Breakthrough servers available in the entire region.  After playing 1 round of Breakthrough, I keep getting put on an almost empty server for around 10 seconds, and then that server shuts down and disappears.  Afterwards I'm put back into the server browser where there is usually only 1 Breakthrough server remaining.

You say you're copying the system that Battlefront 2 uses.  I ask, why?  Battlefront 2 doesn't have a server browser like Battlefield games do.  I use the server browser in Battlefield to avoid any type of matchmaking because I want to play specific map rotations and play on servers with specific people.  With this "balance" system, those options are being taken away from me and I absolutely hate it.

Please get rid of this over engineered solution to a simple problem.  
  • RipGroove99
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Going off topic a bit guys, please keep this thread about the server balancer.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2250 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, all DICE has to do is scramble the teams after say 2 blow outs in a row. That would probably solve the problem more often than not.  All they need to do is shuffle the players in that server, not deal them out all over the place.
  • qballua
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After 1000h+ in BFV im going back to BF4. This is my feedback. I really don't understand why Dice stubbornly ruin this game

• RipGroove99
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, all DICE has to do is scramble the teams after say 2 blow outs in a row. That would probably solve the problem more often than not.  All they need to do is shuffle the players in that server, not deal them out all over the place.

I know right?! Seems so simple.
  • RipGroove99
    qballua wrote: »
    After 1000h+ in BFV im going back to BF4. This is my feedback. I really don't understand why Dice stubbornly ruin this game

Every year before Christmas DICE gives me a reason to start playing BF4 again, it's getting to be a bit of a sick and twisted tradition.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    qballua wrote: »

Every year before Christmas DICE gives me a reason to start playing BF4 again, it's getting to be a bit of a sick and twisted tradition.
    It must be the period that the decision makers in DICE make Absinthe + mercury cocktail drinking parties
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Week's up. Time to abandon this like the 5v5 game mode no one was asking for.
  • issacTheMarker
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    I don't know if conquest has this balance change but it has been absurd i haven't won a game since fri and all i am doing is getting frustrated as hell. I need to take along brake from this game. It was said to be applied to breakthrough but it was probably throw over to conquest too. It is a mess. I can't find a winning team anymore. On a side note solmon isles is broken it doesn't matter who plays the japanese always take c and then bum rush a and b. Some teams can compensate by taking d and e but that doesn't usually happen. It's like that one map in bf1 that was too linear too.
  • RipGroove99
    Week's up. Time to abandon this like the 5v5 game mode no one was asking for.

They'll either drag it out another week or two before giving in to the community and kill switch it or we're stuck with it forever which for many will mean going back to BF1 or BF4 or whatever.
  • bigiain
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A method of seperating the casual players from the serious ones isn't the worst idea, there are a lot of players now who seem to be playing another game completely. Mixing them with squads of guys sliding around pulling off headshots and reviving each other doesn't work too well.

A ranked mode with cosmetic rewards would have been a far better way of doing it though, gate it by score by minute, something like that. Don't let the people who hide most of the time or don't play the objectives in. Moving people at the end of the round in a game where people dont like jumping from server to server is just a wild idea.
  • TrueWebby
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you are going to keep this option. You must have a system to keep platoons together on same server or you are just pissing on diehard fans.
  • oqpasaqpo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion is that dice wants to shut down bf5 because they don't want to deal with cheats and balance. I heard information that bf6 is coming. So in bf6 they will correct the stupid mistakes from bf5.my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong. And The last two nights I can't find EU servers. There is no breakthrough at all. Disaster
  • Toxic_CA
    964 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    A method of seperating the casual players from the serious ones isn't the worst idea, there are a lot of players now who seem to be playing another game completely. Mixing them with squads of guys sliding around pulling off headshots and reviving each other doesn't work too well.

A ranked mode with cosmetic rewards would have been a far better way of doing it though, gate it by score by minute, something like that. Don't let the people who hide most of the time or don't play the objectives in. Moving people at the end of the round in a game where people dont like jumping from server to server is just a wild idea.

Ranked mode in a 30 player team game would be a disaster since no one works together
  • RipGroove99
    So can we get an answer as to whether this awful system is staying in the game?
  • KPNuts74
    784 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TrueWebby wrote: »
    If you are going to keep this option. You must have a system to keep platoons together on same server or you are just pissing on diehard fans.

Agree but if multiple squads - not all in same team
  • TrueWebby
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    TrueWebby wrote: »

Agree but if multiple squads - not all in same team
    Yea I disagree with platoon stacking on one team.
  • SmileAsTheyDie
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Before you even consider trying some SBMM type system lets work on actually just trying to get balance right within a server. We aren't even at the point where I am asking for balance from a skill perspective, given you guys haven't got down having a equal number of players on each team. DICE are trying to jump to the final boss before even beating the first mission